Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Are Rick and company bad luck?

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by Stuartino, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I do wonder whether our beloved group causes other groups to fail. Hershel and the family were doing OK, until Shane stormed the zombie filled barn and the ensuing shoot-out alerted Walkers from everywhere to overrun the place.

The prisoners they were happy and content but ultimately all dies shortly after meeting Rick, The guvnor had a thriving town, admittedly built on evil, but after a run in with Rick it got burnt to the ground.

Terminus, were surviving in a deeply depraved way, but not after Rick and Bob had left an unpleasant taste in their mouths.
    And now the ASZ, which has been surviving against the odds for nearly 2 years, without any real mishaps by a bunch of ZA incompetents, and as we all suspect, that is going to change tomorrow.

I'm sure that fate would have eventually dealt a similar hand to all those places, but trouble does seem to follow our merry band. Deeana should have done some more videoing and got the full story, then said so, everywhere you've been, no longer exists, but you're still alive. Hmmmm don't get too comfy....

2. mfinley

mfinley Member

Interesting thoughts.

Rick Grimes and the Wrecking Crew!

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think it just kind of has to be that way to keep the plot moving along, that when people run into our group, they die, sometimes sooner, sometimes later. But yeah, I've always said that Rick has the One Hour Curse. Within one hour of meeting him or one of his group, you're dead, even if you've survived for months before that. Sam and Ana manage to stay alive and together for a year and a half. They meet Rick and Carol, and within literally about one hour, Ana is dead, and Sam is kidnapped lol. Backpack guy survives for close to a year. He sees Rick's car...dead that afternoon. Hermit, same thing. The Governor has the same curse, lol. He and Mitch and Pete came across that small camp of survivors who had survived close to 18 months apparently, and then later that day, they are all dead. Its a necessary statistical anomaly that has to happen to keep an exciting plot flowing.

4. Steppin' Razor

I BET most of those places would've fell eventually, in some way, even if Rick and co. hadn't run into them. They all had flaws that'd eventually lead to their downfall. Though Woodbury seemed like it was a pretty damn fine place to live before Rick and them showed up, if you didn't know about the Governor's "other" side.

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

What if the zombie apocalypse isn't a thing and Rick is just cursed? I think that's a likely explanation.