Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Are you bothered by the lack of protection?

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Save the Last One' started by lpseudonyml, Oct 31, 2011.

1. lpseudonyml

lpseudonyml New Member

I enjoy the Walking Dead series, but some of the lack of caution is aggravating. I mean, Shane going to a known zombie encampment wearing short sleeves? I mean, I just fail to understand why someone with known military/police training would go anywhere, without wearing a leather/denim jacket and proper protection? I mean, I know it's hot -- but, c'mon? Everyone is walking around wearing short sleeves.... just exposing those delicious looking arms and neck line.... mmhmmm....

Anyways, my point is this: with roaming herds and such, why aren't the windows boarded up? Why don't they have better walls built? I mean, the house looks almost entirely unphased by the entire attack and panic.

I just feel like some of the deaths are due to sheer ignorance. Now, I get that the majority of these people are civilians, but some of it just seems like a complete lack of sense. Anyways - still love the show but thought I would just see if anyone else was a bit frustrated with certain things.

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I chalk up such actions to a lack of sleep, food, and supplies.

3. AVC

AVC Member

Well, they are civilians, after all. I guess the homestead has good fencing, as evidenced by the girl asking the asian guy if they closed the gate when they came in. They might think it'll protect them.

A bit like people now, locking their flimsy front doors. Locks only keep honest people out.

4. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

The herd was on the road, and there were only a few zombies in the woods between the farm and the road. Besides which, the herd was the only time they have seen any zombies on the road, and all of them stayed on the pavement (except the 2 that chased Sophia).

As fo the teeshirt, if you are surrounded by dozens of zombies and even one of them has a good enough grib on you to bite, the average leather or denim jacket isn't going to do shit. If more than one have a hold of you, that basically means the whole group has a hold of you and anything you are wearing will be torn to shreds with the rest of you.

I said this in a similar post, but they make mistakes because they are human, and humans make mistakes, especially when they are terrified and the apocalypse is happening all around them. None of them is trained for this. They are all civilians, aside from 2 small-town cops who had probably never fired their weapons in the line of duty prior to the incident where Rick got shot. Even in NYC, the vast majority of cops have never fired their guns outside of a target range. And no cop in the world has ever experienced anything like this - no PERSON has ever experienced anything like this, so NO one is ready for it, except a few nut jobs living in homemade bunkers.

In fact, in this episode, one of the non-civilians is off finding medical supplies and shooting fat guys; the other non-civilian is reeling from giving so much blood, and is literally watching his child die in front of him. Is Rick supposed to take command and start telling people to board windows and build a better fence? Is Shane supposed to stop being a deranged murderer scumbag and dig a moat around the house?

5. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

And lazy dishonest people. And people - even including my friends and family - who I just don't want barging in randomly like Cosmo Kramer.

6. evicfinite

evicfinite New Member

first of all, you definitely weren't watching. the house wasn't boarded up because they had a gate. when the asian dude and the black dude entered, the girl was like did you lock the gate?. they were like yes.

second of all those zombies are really strong cause thier sense of pain or those nerves that tell us we can't grip our hands that hard because we're getting tired or it's causing us to strain our muscles isn't there. that means if they take a bite out of a leather jacket, they will tear that piece of crap up. specially HOW are you going to maneuver when you are wearing say jeans, some padded pants, a shirt then another jacket on top of that. i dont know about you but when i'm running around in 90 degree southern humid heat, it kind of gets sweaty then i start to lose a lot more sweat than i do, making me very fatigued. so yes... should i go at the zombies with enough clothing, where i don't sweat to death, also knowing i have speed over the zombies... I THINK i will wear the usual comfortable clothing.

7. PhenomChriso

PhenomChriso Member

What about a large suit of Medieval steel armour ;) Like the ones worn in jousting contests hehe....
    You could walk into a herd and they would be able to do nothing.... Or do you think they could get through it?

8. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

Yeah this is pretty much how I feel about some of the scenes. I watch and go "Wait, WHY are they doing that?" and then think that if the situation was real, they'd probably be malnourished, unbelievably tired, etc. and hence not always able to think clearly.

9. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Why would they wear leather/denim jackets? Honestly, where they were filming was also god damn boiling weather, the actors have to repeat the same scene over and over again, do you think they want to faint or something? In a behind the scenes look Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori) was under the car in the shade saying it was the coolest she'd been all day, and that's saying something when they're all just wearing tee shirts.

10. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Protection options which ought to be easily available:

11. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

Duct Tape Suits: Safe and Bite Proof, Who Knew?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Lack of supplies to do that and they would suffer in Georgia heat for sure.

13. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Some kind of cattle guard sustem would be a great setup around the perimeter of any place you setup camp at. Just a thought...

14. Cracker

Cracker Member

I think the lack of protection is integral to the plot, it's Hershel's farm and he's still living in la-la land, where these people are just sick. He even prevents one of the obvious safety measures Rick's group had wanted, which is to carry arms.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

*Giggles*

"Protection"

16. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

Milton knew what to do. He duct taped his arms when he went out...and saved himself from being bit...everyone else though..

17. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I like the last guy with the duck tape top hat. But the first 2 looks like my balls would burst

18. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

LOL, I'm sure you could figure out something to "protect" your precious gems :zombies_lol:

19. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Well if they were real gems I wouldn't be as worried