Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Aren't you kinda glad Sam died?

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Mr Bag, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Znuts

Znuts Member

This was my reaction to Sam getting killed. I'd been savoring his possible death for months now, so when it actually happened, I yelled out in joy. Glad that Ron got what was coming to him as well. Would've liked to see Jessie carry on for a few more episodes and see if her character could become more likeable with out her children messing things up all the time.

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I agree. He wanted to be brave but Carol's words rattling around in his head was the catalyst for him breaking the line and becoming paralyzed with fear. I love Carol, but you never know what effects your words will have down the line, especially when spoken to a fragile child. It's too bad really because he could have learned so much from her if he had survived.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Jesses's character couldn't have carried on without her children. Her grief would have jeopardized everyone else in the group as I believe she wouldn't be able to function after their deaths.

4. Busted Flipflop

I've no idea what those shows are. Do you enjoy watching them as much as TWD?

5. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

It's horrible whenever a small child dies. I think people who were glad he dies dont understand, or dont like, children in general.

If I was Rick, I would have insisted that Sam go to the church.

And what's with his mom just watching? You'd think she would have dove in there to try to protect her son.

6. Znuts

Znuts Member

Or maybe we realize this is a tv show and not real life and it's also a show where characters get killed off frequently. Sam's character was annoying and so some of us are glad that an annoying fictional character was killed off one of our favorite tv shows.

7. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

I could be wrong but wasn't Sam more or less blackmailing Carol for those cookies...so he wouldn't tell the others she took the gun?

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Sam followed Carol into the armory. She told that story about waking up tied to a tree surrounded by "the monsters" to frighten Sam into not telling Jessie(which he wanted to do), but she included the cookies as a bribery. So yeah, Carol frightened Sam, but the cookies were an incentive to keep quiet about the stolen guns.

9. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I agree that Sam was a redshirt. His character had been painted that way almost from the time he appeared in the show. He was a young victim of child abuse, and with everything that began rapidly happening in Alexandria, from Rick showing up to his father being killed, to the eventual takeover of the town - first by the Wolves, then the walkers - Sam began withdrawing into himself, unable to function. Was I sorry to see him go? Looking at it from a human perspective, of course not...who would want to see a child being traumatized and then die a horrific death? But from a storyline perspective, there was really no room for Sam, unless the writers were to decide to expend time on a sideline story about taking a broken child and 'fixing' him so he could function in the world. In TWD, I don't see that this would be appealing to either the writers or to many viewers.

10. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

anyone kinda feel that his death (and essentially the whole chain reaction it caused) is kind of on Carol's hands? she scared the shit out of this kid and cause him to start crying at that unfortunate moment in time

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

Me too. This is the main reason I'm disappointed Sam died: there could have been a great storyline in this.

12. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I don't think it helped, that's for sure.

13. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

It's not Carol's fault. While the story scared Sam, he wasn't afraid of Carol, because he kept hanging around her. Jessie should've ordered Sam to go with Gabriel and Judith to the church. They both were too naïve to survive in this world.

14. sam12six

sam12six Member

I really liked the character when he was first introduced pestering Carol. At that point in time, he was acting like a kid his age with a normally developed brain. By the time this episode rolled around, the character had devolved to acting like a 3 year old, post lobotomy. Because of this, I was more than ready to see him go (kind of a similar feeling to Andrea's death, for me).

It is sort of a shame, though. Part of me was looking forward to next season to see how he interacted with the now 12 year old Judith. Ah well, at least Carl's all monocular now.

15. Steppin' Razor

Omg, it was NOT Carol's fault. He was a scared little kid, regardless of what Carol said. And he was in the middle of a horde of zombies..

16. KSH

KSH New Member

I wouldn't say I'm glad he died, but you couldn't expect him to survive either. Just like Sophia. They were just scared and weak, and had no one to protect them.
    I couldn't stand Carl in season 1-2 either, but he had to grow up in a very different world compared to Sam, who just lived behind walls pretending everything was fine.

17. Revan Shepard

Revan Shepard Well-Known Member

Don't know if I would say glad, but I'm not sad Sam died. Was kinda expecting it.

18. batongal

batongal Active Member

I just felt bad for the kid. He didn't have a chance. The abusive father, the murder of his father, the crazy stories Carol was telling him, the kid locked himself inside and now they want him to walk among the zombies as if. The thing that really pushed him over was seeing the kid zombie walking around. That was sad and just terrified the hell out of him. I really felt bad for him.

19. walkon

walkon Active Member

I rather liked Sam.. .maybe because I raised all boys. I, too, had hoped that he survived for Carol to raise.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I never want to see a child die, even on a fictional TV show. But I know it must happen to show the reality of what the zombie apocalypse could be. Carl honestly was way more annoying in earlier seasons than Sam ever was in my opinion. But I didn't want to see him bite the dust either. For all of you that are thrilled he died, I seriously worry about you even if it is just a TV show.