Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Article on 2B- 208 is a Nick Bottle

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Grotesque' started by Neuropyramidal, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Preacher isn't for everyone but it's very good. I recently caught up with the whole first season and love the show.

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Preacher is definitely the best out of all of these.

3. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

ITB interesting at times, but much too slow with character development. HACF a snoozer. Preacher def the best. Took awhile, but quirky and some really good acting.

New eps of FTWD leading up to TWD, so all is good .

4. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Can't say I'm excited about the premiere, but I am curious. Initially I held a lot of hope for FTWD; now, it's waned more toward, "Oh yeah, the show is going to be coming on again soon". I think (imo) what the show lacks - compared to TWD - is some kind of empathy toward the characters. Unlike TWD - whose characters I have found to be entertaining, diverse, powerful - those in FTWD come across as being rather bland. Mind you, Nick and Travis hold my interest somewhat, as does Daniel, but the rest are (imo) rather boring. Even Madison, who I want to like, seems to come across as a woman who is trying to be a main story, tough-as-nails protagonist...unfortunately, it shows in Kim Dickens' scenes...and because of this, it fails.

Still, I will watch - for lack of anything else on tv tonight. After all, I do love a good apocalypse story...and with zombies/walkers thrown into the mix, even better. But I do have to say that my initial excitement over this spinoff is seriously waning. Recently it's been getting a "meh" on my internal tv guide rating.

5. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

By far, "Preacher" is the best in my books too!

6. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Okay, I haven't seen "Humans", so can't comment on this.

"Turn"...just never tuned into it for some reason.

"Halt and Catch Fire" is a show that I started to watch, and then sort of lost track (forgive me, I'm in the 'old folks' category), but recently saw part of another episode and have decided that I must go back and check it out again. Looks very good.

"Feed the Beast"...started to watch it, and stopped after the first episode as well.

"Ride with Norman Reedus"...nope. No interest. I saw about four episodes, but only because I was bored. Just not my cuppa.

"Preacher" What can I say about this show that others haven't already said? I think this is the best series to arrive on tv since TWD. Absolutely fascinating show; yes, AMAZING!! Amen to that.

#26 bassetluv, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Preacher was a surprise hit, and only a few of us who had read the comics were anticipating an amazing sleeper hit with that show. Aside from TWD, its the best show on TV right now. If it continues at its current quality, I think it may even tie with TWD for me.

Ride with Norman Reedus, I watched the first episode just to see if they were going to tie in a bunch of TWD references and discussion somehow. Second most boring show imaginable.

Turn seems like a quality show, and I've watched perhaps a total of 3 episodes of it, but it just didn't catch my interest.

I watched about 30 minutes of Feed The Beast, and figured this was a lost cause, as it smelled like a "cancelled after Season 1" show.

Halt and Catch Fire, I've never watched. But the consensus seems to be snooze fest, so I probably won't be trying it anytime soon.

Humans is a good show. Not up there with the greats [TWD, Preacher, The Leftovers, GoT, Fargo] in my opinion, but a show worth watching.

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The first season of Halt and Catch Fire was meh but just on right side of meh for me to watch season 2. Glad that I did because season 2 was a more interesting season than the first and I am hoping that the third season continues on the improvement scale.

There is very little (almost nil) tv that I watch other than Sundays on AMC so it is nice to have an alternative for week day tv viewing.

And yeah I will be surprised if they renew Ride for a second season. But then again it does focus on the sweetheart of AMC so they probably will. Personally, like I stated earlier it was on as background noise while I was chatting with my Preacher peeps post episode viewing.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only things I'm watching right now are FTWD and Mr. Robot. Next week The Strain starts up again [which is a borderline show for me, in danger of being dropped] and then in September Z Nation and American Horror Story are back [AHS is also borderline for me...I usually forgot about it at times, and then get about 3 weeks behind lol].

10. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Thanks Neuro, I was just wondering when that came back earlier. :)