Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Article: TWD's Ratings Fall; FTWD's Ratings Rise

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Rapscallion, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Good for Fear! And I bet TWD's fortune will be on the rise when word goes around that civilization is being rebuilt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Reasons for the slipping interest in TWD are numerous, I would guess. Reason #1 for me would be the Negan storyline growing old and tired. (But here I am, watching faithfully - LOL!)

I would submit that FTWD simply benefited from TWD viewers not changing the station and watching. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yes, TWD has numerous problems. Not going to list them here.

I'm not a regular viewer of FTWD, but last season fans and critics were calling it the superior show. They finally found their footing, but Gimple is combining both shows; Morgan is just the start of it. I've read postings from FTWD viewers who are nervous over what Gimple has in store for it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Haha! ;)

I watched Fear the first two seasons, and I think I started S3, but somehow stopped. I've been looking around because I want to catch up and start back regularly here with S4, but can't find a place to watch all of S3. I too have heard the positive reviews which, coupled with Morgan's crossover, really has me wanting to get back to it.

6. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Hulu I believe has fear

• Like Like x 1
  7. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I would imagine FTWD higher ratings were from people that continued to tune in and maybe even moreso to see how Morgan would make his way to the FTWD universe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tripp Knightly

Tripp Knightly New Member

There certainly as some good novelty - in characters, plot, props as well as some familiarity (ruses for capture, turning the tables on captors, Morgan). For me it was just seeing some interesting new characters that made the FTWD premiere almost on a par w/ TWD's season finale.

9. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

After Glenn's death, and especially the show's core (Carl) being killed, the show was destined to fizzle out rapidly in the ratings. Annnd, to no one's surprise, this is exactly what happened after his last episodes, and now at this brisk pace, TWD won't last much longer with this cast and story without a completely new show under the same name (perhaps one or two more seasons tops).

Even then, they'd have to cut the budget by at least half, resulting in cheap looking zombies, fake daylight/nighttime filters (like season 2) because "shooting outside is too expensive" and the new actors would potentially be shaky based on accepting a failed reboot of a once-successful show for very low pay (compared to current contracts for the longtime actors on the show). That's the only way AMC could stretch out the show's existence until it literally drops enough to be cancelled.

AMC pretends not to panic but they are panicked, because without this show's longterm success, they have nothing else to fall back on without the epic safe zone that TWD's ratings once held them within. A seemingly unbreakable shield of monetary network protection.

But they broke big time. It was actually not that long ago at all they were sitting pretty. It's embarrassingly epic how recent they were near the 11-12 mil. on average, and now struggle to get past the 7 million range, even for a finale. Hell, they managed to lose 3 1/2 millon viewers in only one month (March to April). And for all that, the architect of this disaster (Scott Gimple), got a promotion? The tap must truly be dripping poisonous water over there at TWD's headquarters since nothing else explains this remarkable absence of logic. The beginning of the end was indeed sealed by Scott Gimple killing Carl Grimes.

#9 AnnieOakley, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think the beginning of the end was the Glenn Dumpster Dive. That's when the show began to lose their credibility of the audience.

The Carl death was the final straw for me. It was also a very, very stupid thing to do. It killed the soul of the show which was essentially a father and son surviving in the post apocalypse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1