Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

At the end Rick thanks Lori??

Discussion in 'Episode 302 - Sick' started by jahweedum, Oct 22, 2012.

1. jahweedum

jahweedum New Member

Not sure, but at the end of the latest episode didn't Rick say to Lori "We all thank you for what you did."?

If he did what was he thanking he for? Did I miss something or is it from something that happened in between seasons that they haven't gotten to that possibly created such a big rift between Lori and Rick

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

He said that to her? I thought she said it to him. There's a good excuse to go back and watch it again. :zombies_lol:

If Rick said it to Lori he was probably talking about saving Hershel.

3. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

Rick that Lori for saving Hershel. If she didn't apply or do CPR he would have did. But Rick still gave her the cold shoulder or shut her down. He didn't want to talk to her or deal with her. For the moment anyway.

4. jahweedum

jahweedum New Member

actually this makes sensenow----Lori does thank Rick earlier---at the very end they are standing there and I'm pretty sure Rick thanks Lori----probably for what she did for hershel--that makes sense

5. RicksRightHand

He was thanking Lori for giving Hershel CPR. They aren't mended, it wasn't a moment of weakness from Rick. You can tell by the delivery that he still doesn't forgive Lori. He had his hand stretched out and on her shoulder but never made eye contact with her once when he said it. It was a reluctant sign on gratitude, but not insincere.

Rick's the leader, Lori is still part of his group and because of that he is obliged to take care of her. I was worried at the start of the scene because it looked like they might be trying to mend their relationship but I think Rick made it clear by the end of the scene that he wasn't interested in kissing and making up. At least not yet.

6. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

He said "we" as in the "group" appreciate what she did. Basically as in treating her like another member of the group and not his wife. Don't worry, Rick isn't putting up with her crap anymore

7. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

I'm a softie at heart, and would love to see them reconcile. Yeah, she is a total nutcase, but still..... I have seen a picture of e two of them sitting by a fence (in the prison)...anyone know what that ep is?

8. jahweedum

jahweedum New Member

I guess I am looking for something more that probably isn't there---I understand everything that would of come between them after season 2, but it just seems like she must of been a real b--ch out there for him to be having such a callous reaction to her. Like she gave him a ton of crap and blamed him for Shane's death for awhile or something.

9. RicksRightHand

I always think back to the pilot episode in Season 1 where Rick and Shane are sitting in the police car talking about their relationship problems. From that I think it's clear to say that Rick and Lori had problems with their marriage before the ZA even happened so they were probably on a pretty shaky foundation to begin with.

10. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I like the visual metaphor of Rick keeping Lori at arms length. He wasn't pushing her away, but he wasn't allowing her to draw near to him either. That was a very powerful visual!

It was also a very cold way to show he is not ready to forgive her when he used the word "we" when he said "We all thank you for what you did." Had he used the word "I", it would have been a far more intimate gesture. I think this scene showed definitively that Rick and Lori's relationship is totally broken and only over time do they stand a chance of mending it. After all, they did share a genuine smile together just seconds before. This episode was just stellar in my honest opinion.

11. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Spot on hawaiian shirt zombie.

Also note early in the episode Lori said she was a bad wife and not winning any mother of the year awards. in their chat Rick corrects her that she isn't a bad mother. but says nothing at all about her not being a bad wife. I took that as a bit of a dig on her.

12. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

Are we supposed to know what the problem is between them? I thought that it was Lori who was pissed at Rick at the end of season two for allowing Carl to kill zombie Shane. But now all of a sudden its reversed and he is pissed at her? I agree it's confusing.

13. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Totally agree ^

I also agree that their relationship was on the rocks before the ZA. I'm beginning to think that Lori's true colors were shown to us in S1/2. And that in a normal world Rick might have put up with it. But in the ZA such behavior can get you killed. And Rick knows that first hand. He's very mad at her. And I don't think that her being pregnant or delivering a baby is going to make him feel any different.

14. RicksRightHand

Nope. Lori was pissed at Rick for killing Shane, even though Lori practically told Rick to kill Shane.

Rick feels betrayed by the whole Lori/Shane affair and even more so now after her reaction to what Rick told her at the end of Season 2 about killing Shane. She literally jumped out of Ricks arms when he confided in her, for this reason Rick is pissed at Lori.

15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's probably been covered in another thread but Lori says to Rick in seed in the evening that they first took the prison exterior 'we sure are grateful for all you've done...' so he's said it back to her in sick..

The two of them are throwing a tit for tantrum at each other..

16. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I will just pretend I posted that. :zombies_lol:

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I really liked that too. At one point he reached out and touched her shoulder - at arm's length! very neat visually, like you said.

18. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

19. Navygunz75

Navygunz75 Member

This is how I took that line as well.

20. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I wish Hershel would've chewed Lori's lips off!!!!