Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Avenatti

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Lindigo, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Avenatti is such a car wreck at this point, I think he deserves his own thread.

Extortion

Wire Fraud

Bank Fraud

Stealing from a client (OMG--the most heinous thing an attorney can do)

Failure to pay taxes for at least a couple of years (is he caught up now?)
    Lying to the IRS. :)eek:) (That's hilarious, so I'm leaving it. I was going for :eek:.)

How on Earth could he have imagined he could have been a candidate for President of the United States? Does he not know how thoroughly every aspect of every moment of your life will be examined??

I'm floored.

He's facing 50 years in prison for the California crimes alone.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-avenatti-charged/index.html

2. Lindigo

Attorney Michael Avenatti was charged with wire and bank fraud in connection with using his client's money to pay his own personal expenses, including operations for his coffee business, according to the US Attorney's office in Los Angeles.

Here are the allegations against Avenatti, according to federal prosecutors:
    • He allegedly embezzled his client's money to pay his debt and expenses.
    • Avenatti also used the funds to pay expenses at his coffee business, Global Baristas US LLC, which prosecutors said operates Tully’s Coffee stores in California and Washington.
    • The 48-year-old attorney also used bogus tax returns to obtain millions of dollars in loans and defrauded a bank, prosecutors said.
    from the link above. I'm glued to this the way a mouse would be captivated by a cobra.

Attorneys just don't Break this Bad. They know better. It's like intentionally jumping into a combine.

3. Lindigo

One that's already on fire.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lindigo

Stormy Daniels' lawyer, who is gearing up for a 2020 presidential run, also has personally owed at least $1.2 million in federal taxes, according to an exposé in the Daily Beast.

Michael Avenatti, who is gearing up for a 2020 presidential run, has owed millions in federal taxes, while two of his former companies also owe millions in unpaid taxes and judgments, according to a report published Sunday by the Daily Beast.

The report claims that Avenatti, who came to fame as the press-loving attorney for Stormy Daniels in her lawsuit against President Trump, has been enjoying what it refers to as "the luxe life" while owing the money.

According to court documents and filings with local recorder's offices seen by Daily Beast's reporters, Avenatti's former law firm, Eagan Avenatti, and Tully's, a now-defunct Seattle coffee chain that he once owned through his former company Global Baristas (a majority owner in the chain), owe millions of dollars in unpaid federal and state taxes to Washington and California as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars in overdue rent.

In addition, according to the report, Avenatti has owed at least $1.2 million in federal taxes, according to tax liens filed in Orange County, including one filed in February 2018 for $308,396. Another one, from August 2015, was for $903,987.

Avenatti told the Daily Beast that both debts were "fully paid," but the news site reported that it could not find any evidence or records showing that the liens were paid. He also said he is not responsible for the money owed by his former companies.

At the same time he owed money, according to civil court filings cited in the report, he was spending time racing cars with a Saudi prince and paying for luxury villas in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, for his wife and their friends.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...atti-owe-millions-unpaid-taxes-report-1154103

[​IMG]

5. Lindigo

Who does this remind me of....

[​IMG]

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

He and Stormy parted ways last week for undisclosed reasons. I imagine this discloses those reasons.

And of course he thinks he could be president! He looks at Trump and thinks yeah if he can do it so can I!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was enjoying watching @Lindigo talk to herself. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Lindigo

LOL! It was a good way for me to work off some nervous energy. The Mueller report becoming the Barr decision, the killing spree on Walking Dead, and then Avenatti blows up--it gave me something new to distract myself with. :D

Re Stormy, she said she had told Avenatti not to do something and he went and did it anyway. He said he had a right to do whatever he wanted because they had an agreement in lieu of being paid and blah blah blah. But I believe Stormy that he acted in bad faith as her representative.

9. PepperAnn

it was very endearing. <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Lindigo

Mark Geragos is an unindicted co-conspirator.

[​IMG]

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

To be honest he seems like he's a coke head or something, just kind of all over the place.

12. Lindigo

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. Mania.

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That's funny. I can remember when you were saying he was "one of the good ones" when he showed up with Stormy Daniels.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Lindigo

I figured you couldn't disgust me in a non-Trump thread, so I opened the Ignored Content.

Here are the Search results:

https://battleroyaleforums.com/forum/search/105999612/?q=Avenatti&o=date&c[user][0]=84612

This is the only post that comes close:

He said he wouldn't run if there were strong candidates. Personally, I don't think he would be a strong candidate. I want someone with professional political experience, and I imagine a great many people feel the same way.

Being female wasn't Hillary's weakness. She did win the popular vote. Pretty obviously, Avenatti is wrong to conclude that a bias against woman is strong enough in the Democratic party to make the difference in winning. We just need a candidate without excessive baggage, male or female.

I don't hold it against Avenatti for discussing that probable slight edge, though. Those sorts of considerations are always being weighed in the background, because the edges are always in flux. This time, I think it is experienced political professionalism that will matter.

Stay out of the presidential race, Avenatti. You are a powerful attorney. Keep doing good for society in that realm.

I did think he took a case for someone who had no power, to fight for justice for her. I did think that was a good reflection on him. Attorneys are held to a high standard of conduct. I had no reason at that time to think he flaunted and ignored those codes. But he did, flagrantly. That's why my gifs are so shocked.

I am someone who changes my opinion of people based upon what is revealed about their conduct. That's a good thing.

You, on the other hand, stick like a burr to Trump no matter how much foulness becomes evident, so I guess that is a value for you. You are back on Ignore in this thread as well. Knock yourself out.

15. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Well, since I disgust you so much, let's see what YOU actually said about him on the "time for trump to go thread":

Page 860, @Lindigo post #1

"You're confusing Clifford's attorney, who is ethical and honest, with Trump's stable of attorneys.

[​IMG]
    #17194 Lindigo, Mar 16, 2018"

Pg 860 @Lindigo post #2

"I just made it up. My guess of Clifford's attorney has a high statistical chance of being accurate. It will also be good for his career. With the other women coming forward who are saying they, too, were threatened and paid off, he already has found a new cottage industry. I like how he is saying their claims are being investigated and he doesn't know yet if he will take them as clients. He knows California law, he constantly is careful to correct any reporters' misunderstandings. I just like him.

I haven't run any of the attorneys through the ABA reputation check.

Everyone knows Trump's attorney is lying regarding this case, but I don't know if he is a chronic liar. Yes, I know that is another assertion, but, seriously, everyone knows.

[​IMG]
    #17198 Lindigo, Mar 16, 2018"

So you did, in fact, like him. Now you don't. That's what I was pointing out to you was that your judgement was horribly, horribly, wrong. LOL, one other thing, it seems you and Stephanie Clifford have the same taste in men.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

And apparently you do too, as you praise Donald about almost everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. PepperAnn

Something tells me she won't be reading this post. LOL

Also, it never ceases to amaze me how people can find posts long long long since buried.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I think that @Morgotha brought up some valid points.

Lindigo liked this scumbag simply because he was anti-Trump. She was more concerned about her own confirmation bias and desperately wanted the scumbag to be the one who could bring Trump down. Instead, we get a dude who's a colossal hot mess and the hopes and dreams of many anti-Trumpers backfired..... again.

Basically Lindigo changed her mind about Avenatti because she stuck her foot in her mouth.

Shit, if I had a dollar for every time Lindigo got caught with her foot stuck in her mouth, I'd have enough money to buy this forum and save it from this Battle Royale bull crap. lol

Oh wait.... that's a bad example. Because this forum is probably only worth about $100 and she's stuck her foot in her mouth way more than that, obveez.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Nobody liked Avenatti once he claimed he was going to run for president and that the Democrats "better have a white man running because no one else can beat Trump", and that's a fact.

Did anyone dislike him for sticking it to Trump? Nope. That's not the same as liking him though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I never liked him. He reminded me of some putz from a Godfather movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1