Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Back of van POV...

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Daddy1st, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Daddy1st

Daddy1st New Member

Assuming the POV scenes in the season finale were all the same person, how could it have been Abe if he wasn't in the back of the van?

2. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

I thought about this as well.

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Because we had 2 victims, and they were just messing with our minds

4. calliope

calliope Active Member

Perhaps they were planning the deaths in reverse order initially--Glenn first because that matched the POV shots from the van. To me it would have made more sense for Abe to have reacted to the killing of Glenn, causing his own death.

Whether they changed it up because the POV thing was seized upon so quickly by the fans, or someone got the 'brilliant' idea of having Daryl act like a moron, I suspect we'll never know.

Pisses me off, though. They shifted POVs in Saving Private Ryan too, and although it was a great movie, that tarnished it for me.

5. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I quit trying to theorize the death(s) a couple weeks after the finale. I just accepted that we will never know for certain no matter how solid any theory was. That and the fact that the show runners are sadistic pricks who just seem to enjoy tormenting us. I think we viewers experience some kind of twisted variation of Stockholm Syndrome because of this.

6. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I completely agree. Makes no sense at all. I think they just switched it to shock us because everyone basically knew it was gonna be Glenn. UGH.

7. Chiron

Chiron Member

No logic applies to S6 finale to S7 premiere. Just a mindf&£k.

8. Daddy1st

Daddy1st New Member

Thanks, that explains why there weren't any explanations on TTD about all the "clues" that were supposedly dropped. I just knew they would discuss the episode in more depth, esp with an hour and a half long show.

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Yeah they basically did everything they could to throw us off. If they didn't do the POV scenes, then it would be 100% obvious it was Abraham due to his goodbye scene with Eugene.

10. dogwalker

dogwalker New Member

This angered me. I like there to be an inherent logic to things. If the POV is consistent, then don't pretend it meant nothing. And if they were worried about people figuring it out, then don't give us six months to think about it.
    I am comparing the shock value of 7,1 to No Sanctuary. That trough scene to me was much more intense because that scene was not in the comics and we were completely unprepared for it.

11. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I may be wrong in my timeline, but I thought they said that blurb about the POV. Blah, blah blah. Then, later, they back tracked and stated that they had filmed all of the line up individually dying.

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just grasping here but the episode was called Last Day on Earth so I'm thinking the pov shots switched to both characters whose last day on earth it was. The view of the 2 who were about to die.

And to throw us off :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Daddy1st

Daddy1st New Member

I can "accept" that if the last POV was Abraham, but whoever's POV that was from the back of the van (Glenn), that wasn't his last view.