Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Badass Carl

Discussion in 'Episode 302 - Sick' started by DHill2127, Oct 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Morpheus Barker

Maybe not so much Beth, depends because we don't really know if they'll get together or not. For all we know the loss of Hershel may make Beth isolate from the rest of the group.

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

It does in TV land. Always has and probably always will.

3. Morpheus Barker

When has shooting locks with handguns never worked?

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

MacGuyver has done it many times so of course it works lol

5. Joenips

Joenips Member

Not really sure what you meant here and now that I reread my own post I'm not really sure if I was clear enough. What I meant to say was Carl puts a bullet through the Governor's Man's head. Not sure if this changes your post or anything.

#25 Joenips, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  6. Morpheus Barker

Sorry for the misunderstanding, if there was any. I understood your post and all I was saying was just that, we don't know if Carl would risk his life to save Beth from one of the Governors men. Think about it. Beth may isolate herself from the rest of the group if Hershel dies. Hell she might even run off and join the Governor. Either way...Carl may not feel emotionally attached to Beth if/when she snaps, due to Hershel's (IMO) inevitable death.

7. Joenips

Joenips Member

Ok just wanted to make sure.

As shown in the previous episodes Carl has some sort of feelings for her (all though her reaction to him last episode might bring those down a bit). I feel like Carl feelings are strongest towards Rick > Lori > Beth > Everyone else. So I think he would try and do something to save her and it would be a pretty powerful scene if it did occur.

Now as for Beth. In season 2, yes I can see what you said being true if Hershel would have died then, she was already suicidal at that point and that would have been the straw that broke the camel's back. In season 3, I dont think she would break that easily. Being on the road for the past 3-5 months with everyone, she seems to have developed deep bonds with everyone. If Hershel dies (which IMO i dont see happening, at least not from the amputation), I think Beth will be depressed but I dont think she will isolate herself from the group like she would have in Season 2.

Then again this is just my opinion on everything. We will just have to wait and see.

8. Morpheus Barker

It was actually an 8 month period of off-screen time the group has been together. And as far as the comic goes, Carl has more of a relationship with his father than anyone else in the group. I think this will play a major role later down the road. I agree with you on the bond Beth has made with the others, but IMO she would still go crazy if she loses her only blood family.

9. Joenips

Joenips Member

Isn't that the great thing on opinions. We wont know who's right until it happens, if it ever happens. :zombies_lol:

10. Morpheus Barker

But it's nice to talk about ideas, isn't it? :zombies_lol:

That's why I think the zombie community is the best community alive. Anyways, back on topic. Do you think Carl will have more of a commanding role this season (if not this season then season 4)?

11. Joenips

Joenips Member

It's hard to say since I am basing all future events on the comics. I wouldn't say a more commanding role since that seems to belong to Rick/Daryl, but he will have a more active role in the groups protection. Possibly a commanding group if the SHTF, while Rick and Dayrl are out and Carl was left with the females/injured.

12. Morpheus Barker

I want to see a moment with Carl, the same we had with Andrea at the end of Season 2, where he is separated from the group and surviving/killing Walkers on his own, like the true badass he is.

13. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

If we go by the source material, we're likely to see this on more than one occasion. Even to the point of a role reversal where Carl has to take care of Rick.

14. Joenips

Joenips Member

Well he already killed two on his own off camera. Its just a matter of time before we get to see him in action.

and if we go by what we have. Carl is way more advanced then where he was at this point in the comics.

15. Morpheus Barker

Agreed. If they follow the comic, that part in Book 5 will be amazing to see on TV. Now the question is: will the actors be able to convey the emotion and integrity and the characters portrayed in that scene of the comic? Because that was one serious and pivotal moment for Carl.

Nice point. Carl may be an unstoppable survival machine by the end of this season.

16. Joenips

Joenips Member

Along with Carl I think Chandler Riggs has grown a lot as an actor and he should do very well with portraying a high emotion scene of any type.

17. Morpheus Barker

Agreed. Too bad they don't let the F word on TV. That would be hilarious to see Chandler Riggs scream that at Andrew Lincoln.

18. Dead man walking

I'm with you on this one. I guess the past seasons did nothing to endear him to anyone, it was very poor character development by the writers. I have kids and he did stuff a kid would never do, that just didn't make any sense. Plus he was damned annoying and in all reality at least one of his parents would be with him at all times, no matter what. Especially in the world they now live in. And he's at it a again, going off on his own acting irresponsibly (infirmary). It could potentially put the others at risk going off on his own, stupid and illogical. Plus, he is only a kid. yes it's a crazy world and he will have to grow up fast but no one in their right mind would have him going off alone, unsupervised. Even armed adults get attacked and killed by the walkers, a kid would have little chance in a bad scenario.

For me the most unlikely scenario the writers could even consider with a kid this age is to try to turn him into a 'badass' - it would just be pants. He's supposed to be what 8 or 9? In perhaps 8 more seasons perhaps.

I'm thankful at least that he doesn't appear to be the same annoying brat, but I'd be happier if they just let him have a back seat and not involve him too much.

19. Dead man walking

But he's nowhere near young adult - he's still a kid. He's not even 10 yet.. I would have preferred if they were going to take this route of turning him into a bad ass he should already be more advanced in years, say 14 or something because in all reality, even though he has to grow up quickly in this apocalypse this would be the least believable thing on TWD to date for an 8 or 9 year old to be a 'badass killing machine'. Just plain daft.

20. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

First, hilarious avatar...second, I agree. I was really frustrated with Carl last season but its like they found his groove or something. He's much more likeable this season, at least to me.