Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bandits

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Takedon, May 4, 2014.

1. Takedon

Takedon New Member

In Dayz, bandits were in big numbers and they were really immerse. Humans can do a lot of bad things when it comes to survival, even in a virtual reality. Do you think that we will find bandits in this games as well?

2. Strykstar

Strykstar New Member

Absolutely there will be bandits in the game, that will BE the game for a lot of people.

3. Eat You Alive!

Eat You Alive! New Member

There will be bandits but i don't think there will be as many as Dayz. SOE has been promoting "teamwork" a lot.

4. Abacabb

Abacabb Member

I am going to be a Bandit myself.
    Even when I group up with my Clan mates I am still going to be a bandit.

KILL EVERYONE. :D

5. AlienNova

AlienNova New Member

:mad: Ug, no not that bandit mentality. That's terrible, do it for survival not because "it's fun killing people." Unless you are RPing as a psychopath.

6. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Bandits will die... ...painfully. I know from the beta tests that bandits ALREADY exist. ^-^ So, that said, bandits are a go.

7. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Member

How will Bandit players be differentiated from "normal" survivors? Will they have specifis outfits and skins available to them, or just anyone can be a bandit without doing anything special?

8. Lapolax

Lapolax Member

As far as I've understood, a "bandit" is just a way of playing, and not some kind of rank that you get, or outfit or anything like that.

Bandits will definately exist in the game, but hopefully SOE will encourage people not to be complete bandits. I like the game to be neutral, that people can choose whatever way they want to play without having to face too many obstacles. At the same time, I think that being a bandit shouldn't be too easy, as in, it shouldn't be too easy to kill other players, or rob them, or whatever. It would make the game too much like DayZ... With the "first person who shoots wins".

9. mark973

mark973 Member

Definitely. Without a doubt, there will be bandits. People do terrible stuff in all these types of games. I think that's what makes it fun. I can only imagine what it would be like if there was a real zombie apocalypse in the real world.

10. Agent

Agent Member

You could use teamwork as a group of bandits :p

And I agree 100% they need to make being a bandit a hard thing, make it a difficult choice. Just like in real life, people just don't steal stuff because of the backlash most of the time and morality is something that is surely lacking in a world like the one of h1z1.

11. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

I think that an occasional bandit is not a problem, merely a part of this genre. What I'm afraid of are bandits mixed with the support for large groups of players the game will provide. I can almost guarantee you that H1Z1 will have entire organisations of people dedicated to completely destroying any and all fun of the rest of players. They will kill everybody on sight, they will form vehicle caravans and steamroll through the map and they will purposely hunt down newbies.

Worst of all, I don't think think that anything can be done to prevent it. I want to see SOE try though.

12. jbroge

jbroge New Member

Why would they look different lmao do killers in real life wear a shirt saying look at me I'll kill you. :eek:

13. FrostyMug

FrostyMug New Member

I cannot wait for this game. It is going to be so much fun being a ganker in this game. I just hope they don't have the cheesy half the map safe zones. Looking forward to it.

14. FrostyMug

FrostyMug New Member

This is a Hardcore Survival MMO there will not be anything stopping the gankers from ganking. Just have to get better at ganking them first.

15. Riji

Riji Member

Bandits are a fact of life in this genre. It's survival, kill or be killed. It's been proven 100x over that even in the real world, people will kill to just kill or kill for survival needs if the infrastructure of society crumbled. If the apocalypse was to happen, human instinct wouldn't be to hold hands and work together (some would but not all). It'd be to ensure the safety of close friends and family by any means necessary. That means kill.

16. The Last Outlaw

yep their going to be a bunch of them cant wait to see what their insides look like heh heh.

17. braven25

braven25 Member

Clan system itself could be a deturrent of banditry...

Sure you can kill those 2 guys and rob their stuff... but are they part of a clan? if so how big... will they care? are they protective of their own? will they come looking for us if we kill them? If they do will we escape?