Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Base loot gone.

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by AcidiK, Jan 17, 2015.

1. AcidiK

AcidiK New Member

A friend and I created quite a large base last night before logging off. When we came back on, the front door had disappeared and all the loot inside taken. I was just wondering how easy/hard it is to break down a door, and whether it could have possibly been a server thing that removed the door rather than someone physically destroying it.

Thanks.

2. Sovereign

Sovereign Member

Doors are pretty easy to take down at the moment. The bases you create as in Shacks are inner buildings where as the metal walls are actual defensive position.

Well thats what Im guessing anyway.

3. Trickary

Trickary Member

Same thing happened to me.
    I spent hours building up my base and logged off for the night and when i logged in the morning my door was gone.

Also with that Wooden Hut or w/e the one that is raised, do not log out of it.
    When you log back in you appear underneath GG bug.

If anyone knows about the durability of the metal doors please let me know, wondering if they can open it or possibly give up over the time it would take to destroy it.

4. Sovereign

Sovereign Member

You wont be able to drop a metal door with an axe. Maybe 4 and with time. But Ive seen someone drop 3 explosives on a metal door and it took about 1/20th health.

5. AcidiK

AcidiK New Member

Thanks guys.

6. LIMAGOLF

LIMAGOLF New Member

metal for ftw

7. Raider

Raider New Member

metal doors are bugged at the moment. anyone can open them

they come up with an error code and you can just click the top one and it opens, even if you have a code on the door!

8. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Guest

At this time with incomplete game mechanics you'll have to work under the auspice that your base and loot are subject to be lost at any time. Its difficult enough to find items on your own, so as a group our guild worked very hard to gather as much materials as possible so we could all share in discoveries.

Granted, we realized its a big risk leaving items in the containers at our base, however we also wanted to make it convenient for guild mates who played at odd hours. Sadly, we've been raided three different times.

Last night was the most brazen example of individuals who don't share in fair-play, diplomacy, decorum or general courtesy. We clearly understand the risk we take so its not as though we're placing blame on game mechanics as much as just pointing out that there are some incredibly inconsiderate players.

[video]

9. MDK211

MDK211 New Member

there should at least be a indestructible safe for PvE servers even if you are in your base with a fully loaded AR you cant stop them from raiding your stuff its absolute crap

10. shugoh

shugoh Member

HAHAHAHA that sounds soooo frustrating! Cant even imagine how angry I would be!

11. Fysk

Fysk New Member

same thing here, spent 2 days on a base, had 2 platforms with 4 large shelters with metal doors, we left less than an hour to go loot, they destroyed the wall next to the main gate, destroyed all 4 shelters, and looted around 15k pounds of goods.. right now a base is absolutely useless.

12. RyeGuy

RyeGuy Member

Keep your best items in hand shovel stashes, I tend to only keep building materials in storage containers inside the base.

Aslong as wood spears are OP bases will definitely be easy to break into. There is the known spear dupe bug and also spears insane damage to structures. Definitely would be a good fix to aid the improvement of base breaches. Nerf spears and buff structures.

13. DaddyLovebone

DaddyLovebone Member

Spears take down a base fast, but the wrench.. now there's something everyone is using these days. They really need to fix those two fast.

Until they force one character per server, your best bet is to use a mule, or as mentioned above loot stashes using a shovel. Both options aren't optimal, but since everyone can take down a base in under 5 minutes no matter how well it's secured using either of the two items above, it's the only way.

Then there's people who just simply glitch inside, and if youc atch them, report them.

14. gwartham

gwartham New Member

This has to be the #1 priority of SOE is secure bases.

The reason why I am playing this over say Dayz is the persistent world run by a notable company, and to me the benefit of a persistent server is community and base building.

Without this, why bother playing?

15. Mortesh

Mortesh Member

the number 1 priority of SOE is getting rid of cheats, hackers, and bugs. the security of your base means nothing if you can't play because you're being teleport killed, falling through the world, getting aimbotted.

i've yet to be raided, I'm on O-negative, pvp server. please feel free to try and get my stuff. it's a combination of hiding and knowing how to defend your stuff.

16. Coggage

Coggage Member

That's hardly news, is it. This has been the case for several days at the very least. I'm surprised they bothered to break down the gate instead of just hopping over it on a Furnace and exiting via another Furnace.

17. Fonsworth

Fonsworth Member

No need for a furnace, too much metal required. Use punji sticks. They don't actually do very much damage to you. Scavange some sticks from around the base, place them at the top of the stairs in front of their gate, assuming the base is built on a deck, then use them the same as the furnace method. If you have 100% health, you will get over the gate with 90%+ still, then just log off and back on. This will move you from in the base to back on the ground below.

18. Fonsworth

Fonsworth Member

I doubt making people's bases secure during early access is even in the top 100 problems. You should not be attached to your stuff or assume that any of it will be there when you log in every day. This is EARLY ACCESS. I doubt they are too worried about the longevity of your base when it totally possible they may have to do a database wipe at some point for an update.

19. Angxlic

Angxlic New Member

[MENTION=5162]LOVELESS[/MENTION] and me have had the same issue our base is getting raided by hackers

Plus our containers disapeared

#19 Angxlic, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  20. Fysk

Fysk New Member

they broke the wall next to the gate....
    i placed punji sticks and walls here and there so they wouldnt be able to build a furnace....
    Guess they found easier and faster!
    and yeah, they used spears to get in a bunch of them were floating around where the large shelter were