Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Base raiding is still far too easy

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Strap81, May 16, 2015.

1. Strap81

Strap81 Member

When ethanol got nerfed last server wipe everyone one started complaining..... "it's going to be impossible to raid bases now". Truth is nothing has changed, and 2-3 guys can easily raid bases. Not to mention what the larger groups can be capable of. Pretty much if your group isn't large enough to have someone on at all times you are vulnerable to be easily raided. It's a fine line to balance bases. I enjoy raiding as much as building but right now it is still far too easy.

A monitoring app of some kind would be amazing. Don't know if it's possible. But having an app on your phone that would allow you to monitor movement around your base would be awesome. At least if you have a heads up you could try to defend your turf.

In the end I believe base raiding should be at least a challenge, at this point it still isn't.

#1 Strap81, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. search543

search543 Member

yeah... maybe we should be able to build generators and attach them to security cams around the base and if they detect movement you get an SMS on your phone...

3. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

Getting rid of base raiding all together would be the best solution.

It would be such a better game if say players were limited to one or two bases that were indestructible. Allowing re spawn points and such. There is literally no reason to build a base and your better off just digging stash holes that people cant see. It takes about 10 mins to find the parts to build a few IEDs and boom no more security for your stuff.

The game is just unplayable like this. I want to have a cool base and a house and get back from adventuring knowing im safe. That is a nice feeling and part of the reason i bought the game, well i was very disappointed and wont be playing it anymore. Bases are just a "hey come take all my ♥♥♥♥" beacon.

On top of that im too scared to go out adventuring and meeting people because ill just lose everything and have to spend an hour+ walking back to my stash holes.

having actual secure bases would really cut down on the "shoot on sight" mentality 99% of players have also because they would know you have your good ♥♥♥♥ locked up and would encourage more interaction instead of just avoiding everybody.

4. search543

search543 Member

already responded to slizys comment on his thread...

5. adjorr

adjorr Member

The current base system is just a placeholder. What id like to see is booby traps and things we could have in our base to make them more difficult to raid and for the noise of breaking into a base attract hordes of zombies. Base raiding should definatly be possible but it should have a much higher element of risk to it

6. Strap81

Strap81 Member

completely agree. dont get me wrong there is nothing more satisfying than base raiding, but its just way to easy still

7. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

I dont think it should be possible at all and its preventing me from playing the game. It will prevent the masses from playing the game too its just too frustrating to spend hours and hours building a cool base for it to be raided. I wanna feel safe from the zombie apocalypse when i get home. If base raiding is possible then there is no point in building a base. You are better off hiding things in holes that people cant see

The vast majority of people will not play this game because of that. You think anyone would have bought those skyrim expansions if you had bears and mudcrabs in your mansion stealing your shit every night? I want something a little more permanent. And so do a lot of people i know that play this game. Otherwise its just pointless.

Delete the houses if the player isnt active on the server for a certain period of time or something. Make it be able to purchase like only 2 plots of land or something that you can build on and have limited storage space in your house. I aviod people at all costs because i know they will just kill me and take my stuff. That isnt how the game is supposed to work. Secure housing and selected respawn points would fix that

#7 slizzzy, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  8. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

That wouldnt fix anything. Im not going to rush home from the store to die trying to protect my base from 5 dudes with AR15s and IEDs. Base raiding needs to go

9. adjorr

adjorr Member

I think what your looking for is the PVE servers where bases are indestructable and people cannot kill you.
    I would argue since the vast majority of players on pvp servers seem to be into killing each other and raiding each other's bases that your notion of what pvp players want is wrong.
    I think base raiding just needs more risk involved in it as its very rewarding and any rewarding activity in a game should come with a high degree of risk. Bobby trapping and zombie hordes responding to the sounds of explosions would be my ideas

10. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

No i enjoy pvp, pve is pointless. just want secure bases. That would fix everything. You could still ambush players looting and such, they will be far less careful knowing they have a re spawn point and a secure place so other people would be out and about more frequently and not avoiding everybody they see.

A huge component of this game that i was looking forward to was player interaction, well there is none and its actually stupid to go looking for a team or others players. that really breaks the game for me also

There needs to be some sort of deterrent or punishment for killing other players like GTAV. The whole point of a zombie apocalypse is to find other people and survive right? We dont need another RUST

#10 slizzzy, May 17, 2015
  11. adjorr

adjorr Member

Base raiding is player interaction, not friendly interaction but it is definatly player interaction.
    If bases were undestroyable unraidable safe spots that would break the game for me and all the people who are playing the game that enjoy base raiding which judging from how often it happens is a lot of players
    I would say a huge part of the appeal of this game is the PVP aspect and territory control and contested bases is a huge part of that. I mean if you had 2 groups of players trying to control one part of the map and they couldnt destroy or at least rob each others bases well that would be pretty lame.
    No the point of the zombie apocolypse is to survive, wheter you want to do that with others or by yourself is up to you, and if someone wants to survive by robbing other players then that is there choice they should not be punished for playing the game the way they want.
    All i do is lone wolf it, i shoot everyone on sight even those that try to talk to me, I dont raid bases very often cause its to much of a hassle and i get just as much if not more loot just from hanging around cranberry for an hour. I survive because i take what i need, I shoot first and ask questions later, and i have a base in a well hidden location that has all the crafting stations to provide me with food drink and armor, i have a ton of loot and ammo stored there but if it got raided i wouldnt really care, if its in storage then im not using it and its not like loot is scarce. Thats my zombie apocolypse

#11 adjorr, May 17, 2015
  12. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

Well your the kind of player that makes this game no fun. Its multiplayer for a reason. If you want to go lone wolf fine but it should be harder for you and you getting punished more often. People like you ruin games like this and GTAV just going around killing everyone and not playing it the way it was designed. Your a troll basically. Sure ive ran around and killed people in GTA and its fun but i dont do it constantly because thats dumb and i want to play the game.

Not saying you shouldn't be able to kill people whenever you want but there should definitely be a punishment for it and not only a good thing. The game already looks and feels cheap enough without people like you playing it like a browser shooter.

Is that really all you want out of this game is to mindless kill people and stockpile fake weapons and loot? Dont think your the kind of person that should be listened to by the devs about gameplay and what other players want

#12 slizzzy, May 17, 2015
  13. adjorr

adjorr Member

Actually i am playing the game exactly as it was designed and my killing isnt mindless, people would kill me given the oppurunity so i make sure i kill them first my goal in this game is to survive by any means neccassary.
    Is that really waht you want to stockpile fake weapons and loot without the risk of anyone stealing it? What purpose does that serve that is so much greater then mine? At least I am using my fake weapons and ammo instead of endlessly hording them away.
    Yes absolutley the devs should be listening to pvp players who play pvp games, not everyone wants to be buddy buddy and if they did well then who would you fight? Whats the point of being on a pvp server without conflict? Without people like me to defend yourselves from? There is no point to safety in numbers without the risk of danger.
    I really recomend you try a pve server where you can gather with other like minded people safe from us terrible trolls

And there definatly is a punishment, people are always trying to kill me, i have no friends to call on for backup, i have to gather everything i need myself, i have no one to watch my back while im looting, I often find myself outnumbered and have to flee, its not all sunshine and roses lol but i enjoy the challenge

#13 adjorr, May 17, 2015
  14. Corizz

Corizz Member

my bases havent been raided in weeks, but i dont keep ammo in my base. I have guns in there, backpacks food, but no ammo. I know people have been around my base, because people have built 2 dew collecters and a storage container right outside of my base.

People have thrown granades in my base though because my bbq'er and furnace been destroyed a few times, but im ok with that. lol

15. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

I dont understand why you think i want no conflict. I said 10 times already that killing other people is fun. I would not play GTA or this game if you couldnt kill other people. Its the fact that 99% of people playing have a shoot on sight mentality and that breaks the game. Its not like that in GTA and thats the model they should go for or this game is going to be a failure. Mark my words if that doesnt change the game will be dead in a couple years and only the sweaty hardcore raiders left.

I dont "only want to collect loot" I want to build a base, run around with other people, kill people, do missions, etc... none of that is possible when you walk into a town after putting in 10 hours to be sniped out of no where for no reason by loners like you. Then have to spend an hour walking back to my base that can be easily raided. Its just no fun. It discourages people from playing the game it was supposed to be played. And no you are not playing it the way it was designed. Not saying you shouldnt be able to play that way but you should definitely be punished for it. If i ran around only killing people in GTA i would be broke. Thats the model they should follow and what will keep people coming back. Playing a MULTIPLAYER game should not involve avoiding everyone you see at all costs because of people like you. Cruising around with friends in GTA and doing missions, etc.. is some of the most fun ive had playing a game. Not just killing everything in sight like a 13 year old. And you only like doing that because you succeed doing it, thats the problem.

Again, we dont need another RUST

#15 slizzzy, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  16. adjorr

adjorr Member

if 99% of the people play that way then it must be the most popular play style. What im hearing from you is that you want to be able to kill people when its convieant for you but anyone that kills you should be punished for playing the game wrong.
    ALl the things your saying arent possible are definatly possible, you can build a base, you can run around with friends, you can kill people, you can do loot cache missions, people are doing these things right now but yes there is the risk im going to shoot them in the head while they are doing it. Thats the way the game is meant to be played, its survival of the fittest
    Also i would point out that RUST currently has twice the active players that H1Z1 has so they must be doing something right

I would argue that you are playing the game wrong by expecting people to automatically be friendly with you unless your in the mood for killing people and saying that i should be punished for your failure to defend yourself

#16 adjorr, May 18, 2015
  17. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

Let's say that the outside walls(including any gates or doors) are indestructible, this does not mean there is no way in. People would have to get smart they would have to stalk there prey and wait for a open( literally), hide behind the wall and rush in when it opens, snipe who ever opened it, have a land mine waiting, what ever the plan it would now involve engaging your target face to face. Once you are in the doors on shelters are now breachable. This is where storage containers are distructable so if you come in with mass explosions you may loose the loot on the other side of the door, this would make fire axes relevant as it would now be used in its intended way.

#17 THESEVENSGUY, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  18. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

Lol no dude, no. I cant argue with you anymore you dont seem to understand what im saying. This isnt how the game should work and you know it. Shoot on sight mentality is not a good thing and a lot of people are unhappy with that. Its a flaw with the game itself, not the players. Because the game only rewards it. Just because because its the popular play style doesn't mean its how the game was meant to be played thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. The game is broken. If they want this game to be a success there has to be secure housing and some sort of re spawn system. I bet you love call of duty too huh?

What do you even mean by that? If i go looting and dont take a gun and get killed uh yeah thats my fault. I dont expect everyone to be friendly to me but I do expect to not be shot constantly every single time i see another person. Not saying you shouldnt be able to do whatever you want but there should definitely be a punishment for it. Again, a MULTIPLAYER game should not involve avoiding everyone at all costs. It should be a system similar to GTA where if thats all you do and act like a 10 year old in game you get punished for it and will be broke. And again, shelters and bases are completely pointless as they are now. Its just a big "come take my stuff" beacon. Your better off hiding everything in stash holes. Thats no fun and base building is a big part of the game.

THESEVENGUY,

Yeah thats what i mean that would be awesome. Force people to think a little more. If you forget to lock your door or something than people can get in too. Instead of just placing furnaces and animal traps outside to jump in no problem.

#18 slizzzy, May 18, 2015
  19. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

The simplest solution for the current base-building structure (since this will change soon anyway) - is to just setup a "Raid happy hour" where only certain times of the day (national prime times - close enough for everyone to be able to participate - maybe around 8 or 9PM CST or so - not too late for EST, not too early for PST).

This way maybe a loud siren system would go off like you'd have in "The Purge" and for the next hour, raiding is possible. Once that hour is up, the siren goes off again, and the bases can't be messed with - this way you don't get these early-bird neck-beard type-groups up at 3am raiding your bases when practically nobody is on. This way you can organize your groups like a "Clan-war" type thing and prepare for the incoming raid, or setup a raid of your own in a much more structured fashion.

20. adjorr

adjorr Member

This is definatly how the game is meant to be played, you can make friends if you want but the biggest threat in game was always meant to be other players.

Punishing players for winning in pvp is a terrible idea and will not attract anyone to the game period.

Bases are not useless, my base provides me with a place to craft ammo and food its relativley simple just walls and a shelter, i do store my extra loot/ammo there and so far it has not been raded probably due to its remote location and how basic it looks

This is a PVP centric game and has been since it was first thought up, base raiding is part of PVP and will continue to be a large part of the game.