Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Base raiding is still far too easy

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Strap81, May 16, 2015.

1. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

ehhh, losing ALL your stuff is a big no no for me and will force a lot of people to quit i think. The average player is not going to tolerate spending hours and hours building a cool base and collecting loot for it to all be gone randomly one day. Base raiding all together needs to go. Unless of course like thesevenguy said and you wait for people to leave their house and sneak in while the door is open or they leave it unlocked or something.

2. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

Looting and raids are a facet of the game - a very real facet of surviving in a crisis situation.

The compromise is the "happy hour" or the "Raiding hour" - so that way people can prepare for it - whether they're on the offensive, or defending their own.

Essentially a well built, well-defended base could be a fortress with the right fortifications, sentries, and weapons. Anyone can rip down a punji-forest with a few grenades, but they're going to eat a few .308 rounds in the face during their advance.

I don't like blind raiding either - which is why I opted for the "raid-hour" solution.

3. adjorr

adjorr Member

wouldnt be fair to anyone not playing in the time zone for "raid hour"
    What we need is lethal base defenses like booby traps and alarms that summon zombie hordes. There needs to be a lot of risk involved in such a rewarding activity, currently raiding is risk free for the most part

4. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

Im not going to spend my time building a cool base knowing it could just be raided. Thats stupid and pointless and completly defeats the whole idea of building a BASE. A safe BASE lol. I wanna feel cozy in my little house i built. And yes it is possible to be safe i dont understand people saying "WELL ITS A ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE" no its not its game and if there is any sort of base raising this game will fail. It has already lost me and a couple friends because of this. Bases are completly pointless and just a beacon for "come take my shit" Stash holes are way safer and thats boring.

GTA online has this system worked out perfectly i wish they would take some notes from rockstar

#24 slizzzy, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

I can empathize with you... to a degree.

You want security - I get that. Essentially what you want is a "Vault" of some type - impervious to a raider - sure, they might be able to take out your out walls, defenses, etc - but you want this core they can't get through to.

While I doubt we'll ever see something like that, it honestly sounds like - at least during these early access test sessions, you may want to just stick to PvE then - this way you can learn, debug, and do all the things you want to do in this game, without the major risk of losing all your stuff.

I've said this before probably half a dozen times already at this point - the only thing PvP mode teaches you is one - don't get attached to your stuff, and two - how to play call of duty

Almost nobody uses diplomacy in PvP because they came into this game with their little cliques already and don't care to entertain adding more to them. The average lifespan of a car is measured in minutes, the average lifespan of a base, maybe a couple days? All the while, you're constantly looking over your shoulder while just scavenging essentials to survive and constantly running away from herds of walkers.

I play PvP ever-so-often just to see if the meta has changed - it hasn't.

I do 99% of my bug-finding and mechanics learning in PvE.

I get my jollies off killing players in BR.

6. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

The whole point of this game is PVP

I think maybe super high tier bases that take a long time to build should be totally un raidable, while the lower tier bases should should still be VERY difficult to break in to. And you definitely need to be able to respawn in your base. Thats whats leading to the almost 100% shoot on sight rates. If i have to spend an hour walking back to my base while opening a steam map guide and pasting in my coordinates every 5 mins of course im going to shoot everyone i see for fear of having to do that every time i die. I would be much more willing to interact with people if i knew i was going to respawn in my base

7. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

Okay, your logic is a bit flawed - let me explain.

The point of the game is Survival - PvP is just one facet of Survival, just like Diplomacy is, just like Scavenging is, just like Crafting is, just like Re-creating society under duress is.

You have to remember, we're building glorified lean-to shacks with scrap metal bound together with twine and sticks we find scavenging the map. These aren't cold hammer forged steel doors, welded to vault-like precision and durability. We're also building essentially glorified ISIS IED devices to blow up the rickety lean-to shack doors we're putting together. The raid system is VERY realistic to the types of structures available to us. Realistically speaking, I should be able to door breach your shack door with the shotgun - be happy they don't allow THAT (the rage would be endless). :D

Furthermore, the entire base system is a place-holder for something more complicated and diverse. The devs have stated this countless times. They are aware it's a flawed system and will need tons of work - and the final version of shelters will probably be vastly superior to the current one.

I love your idea about being able to spawn in your base though - I think that's brilliant - if you can build home, you should be able to spawn at home, despite the unrealistic reincarnation we get repeatedly. I suspect that will require a beacon-type system where your base is given a unique ID matching your character, or at least your "group" ID. (which obviously means we need to be able to form permanent groups like a clan system to assign us said ID).

8. adjorr

adjorr Member

Hate to be a debbie downer here but i dont hink we should be able to spawn directly in our baseses. If you could then defending your base would be far to easy as no matter how many times the attackers killed you, youd keep popping back up right next to all your backup gear and weapons.
    However by using /respawn im able to spawn within a few grid squares of my base so if there was an item that just let me spawn within a few grid squares of my base id be fine with that.
    This is a "hardcore survival sim" thats how its always been marketed, part of that "hardcoreness" is perma death so it should not be easy to just respawn and regear, death needs to be painful

9. search543

search543 Member

well you would have to have a countdown timer on respawn in your base... say 30 mins... that means you cna only respawn in your base every half hour... so if your attacking a base you have to kill a defender tops two times till he respawns elsewhere

10. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

This is actually brilliant.

Respawn could always have two buttons -

Respawn - like we have now
    Respawn to Base - Maximum of (1) use per day

We can debate the amount to maybe (3) a day - but as stated, the raid-respawns would get out of hand with multiples - so maybe just once a day wouldn't be too terrible.

11. search543

search543 Member

totally agree... though i woulöd be for 3 respawns/day

12. adjorr

adjorr Member

A good option to me would be if you had an ultra rare item in your base like a ham radio you could respawn with a parachute drop in the same map grid.
    You would still be able to land very close or inside your base if you die, but if your being raided it would be easy for attackers to shoot you down if you tried to land to close or inside your base.
    This way there would be a degree of risk to the convieance of base spawning.
    Parachute dropping would need a cooldown after use, say 30 minutes to an hour

#32 adjorr, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  13. Ruthless G

Ruthless G Member

Can someone tell me how do you usse biofuel and explode it?

14. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

Take some animal fat that you aquired from a killed animal by chopping it with what ever sharp tool you have, put fat on a bbq or campfire and it turns to bio fuel. Place biofuel on the ground and shoot it and boom that is it.

15. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

I like the 1 per day respawn thought. And I know that we have talked about lockable crates here before but I will support the idea of a lockable crate that has a 1200 slot cap, and it would be only 1 of these per deck/shack( but a area around a shack would be the size of a deck to stop people from having 50 shacks next to eachother)

16. search543

search543 Member

i would say 1500 slot cap... to allow placement of rifles or such...

17. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

Guns are so easily found that it would be a waste of space putting it in your only safe box pistol maybe, ammo for sure and some animal fat, couple bottles of water, some food and a military backpack. And some corn and wheat seeds.

18. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

dude now your just arguing with me for the sake of arguing lol, everything i post you try and say the exact opposite. No respawning in your base is whats leading to the 100% shoot on sight rate (which i know you loooooove) There is absolutely no point of building a base if you cant respawn in it. That is mind blowingly stupid. Even RUST has a respawn system. I agree with the person that said there should be a timer or something.

DEFINITELY NOT a limit per day on how many times you can respawn in your base. Thats retarded. Im not going to waste any respawns trying to interact with people or defending my base from a 5 man raid group to be put on the other side of the map. If i want to defend my base i should be able to do so. Not let them force me to respawn an hour away because they want to raid my base

#38 slizzzy, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  19. adjorr

adjorr Member

Im not arguing with you for the sake of arguing with you, that post u qutoed isnt even directed at you lol

The appeal of H1Z1 is that it is a "hardcore survival" game. Perma death is part of the hardcore aspect. THe game needs to be made more difficult to survive in to the point where you actually need other players help before you will see any reduction in the KOS mentality.

Dying needs to matter, right now i attack everyone because even if i die i can regrear within a half hour and an hour without even neededing to visit my base. If i could just respawn in my base grab new gear and run off i would be even more agressive then i am now, if thats even possible lol.

The easier the game is the less people need each other. The less death matters the easier it is to be violent and reckless

20. search543

search543 Member