Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bases

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by slizzzy, May 17, 2015.

1. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

Base raiding needs to go.

It would be such a better game if say players were limited to one or two bases that were indestructible. Allowing re spawn points and such. There is literally no reason to build a base and your better off just digging stash holes that people cant see. It takes about 10 mins to find the parts to build a few IEDs and boom no more security for your stuff.

The game is just unplayable like this. I want to have a cool base and a house and get back from adventuring knowing im safe. That is a nice feeling and part of the reason i bought the game, well i was very disappointed and wont be playing it anymore. Bases are just a "hey come take all my shit" beacon.

On top of that im too scared to go out adventuring and meeting people because ill just lose everything and have to spend an hour+ walking back to my stash holes.

having actual secure bases would really cut down on the "shoot on sight" mentality 99% of players have also because they would know you have your good shit locked up and would encourage more interaction instead of just avoiding everybody. I aviod people at all costs because i know they will just kill me and take my stuff. That isnt how the game is supposed to work. Secure housing and selected respawn points would fix that. There is still PLENTY of incentive to not die. Your average joe inst going to open a map guide, post his coordinates, and try to navigate an hour+ walking time back to his base every time he dies. This discourages interaction with other players so much.

I know a lot of people that wont play the game because of this. And the masses definently wont wanna play this game. Do you think anyone would have bought that skyrim DLC if you had bears and mudcrabs in your mansion every night stealing your shit?

#1 slizzzy, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  2. search543

search543 Member

yeah but IRL there is no absolutly secure spot... especially not after a zombie apocolypse

3. DontSHootImFriendly

IRL ? you mean like magically appearing weapons and ammunition?

4. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

what DontShootImFriendly said, and there is still PLENTY of incentive to not die.

Its a game its supposed to be fun. how the system is now is just plain stupid and breaks the game. shelters are pointless. And it would draw in a wider audience also because it wouldn't be incredibly frustrating.

5. twoeyes

twoeyes New Member

Either way hackers would get in lol.

6. adjorr

adjorr Member

The only thing to do in this game is gather loot. If you didnt get robbed every once in a while then what would you have to do?

7. Strap81

Strap81 Member

almost every base and shack that you run by in this game, has been raided. if you cant admit that raiding is far to easy then its safe to say you dont normally put in the time to build....i love raiding as much as the next guy but im also a builder. Between me and 1 friend we can wipe out a couple bases a night. Shacks are a joke, we hit 7 of those last night.

8. adjorr

adjorr Member

Base raiding is easy and I agree it needs to be made more difficult and more risky since the potential reward is so high.
    However building bases is also easy, i can start fresh on a server and have a base fairly quickly, quicker then i can get the supplies to raid one.
    My point is why are we stockpiling things anyways? Its already the apocolypse we should be shooting our bullets instead of hording them, i have a use it or lose it attitude towards the whole concept of stockpiling supplies. A hundred rounds of ammunition that sits in a box isnt doing any good to anyone

9. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

build bases, control the map, add in more missions, etc...

there are a ton of things that could be done. Im not going to spend hours and hours building a cool house for it to be raided the next day and lose everything. The whole point of this game is to interact with people. Thats impossible when everyone has a shoot on sight mentality, and there is no punishment and only reward for doing so. Having impenetrable bases would fix that.

Plus it is a really nice feeling to get back from adventuring knowing there are tons of zombies outside but you are safe

#9 slizzzy, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  10. Fleischfresser

Having impenetrable bases would set in concrete the shoot on sight mentality. If I can't get your stuff while it is in your base through a raid I have no other option but to kill you outright for it.

And in a zombie apocolypse, there is no warm and cozy.

11. Kevy

Kevy Member

I would have to agree with this. If i cant follow you back and try and get in your base ill just kill you for what you have. Games like this will never be perfect you will always want to avoid people. Maybe one day they will have a role playing server with mods to make sure everything is going good.

12. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

No because people would concentrate more on missions and other stuff like collecting thier own loot instead of raiding bases and killing other players all the time. It would totally kill the shoot on sight mentality. Throw in some sort of reputation system or punishment and the shoot on sights would drop dramatically. It needs to be like GTA sort of. If this doesnt stop the game will be dead in a couple years trust me. The average joe isnt going to spend 10 hours building a base to walk into town to get sniped out of nowhere then trek an hour back to his base to find it raided and say "meh" Hes going to stop playing the game and there will be only the sweaty hardcore raiders left.

Everyone's talking about "no saftey in a zombie apocolypse" Why not? If you have a secure base you should be safe. Im safe sitting in a car from 50 zombies outside. The game is not realistic im sorry. (you cant craft .9mm bullets out of .308 bullets) Its a game and its meant to be fun. Not an ultra realistic simulator. The shoot on sight mentality needs to be fixed and more like GTAV or this game is going to be a failure. We dont need another RUST

Shelters and bases are absolutely pointless. You are better off hiding your stuff in a bunch of stash holes. That is a huge component of the game that i was looking forward to that is broken.

#12 slizzzy, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  13. adjorr

adjorr Member

No it wouldnt, people who want to kill will keep doing it because thats the type of gameplay they enjoy. If you start punishing people for being succesful at what they enjoy you will push them away from the game.

14. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

Exactly people are successful it at. Thats the problem. There is only good that comes from killing other players. GTA online is not like that and works perfectly. Just because you enjoy playing like a 10 year old doesnt mean everyone else does.

This is not how the game was designed and meant to be played and you know it. Im glad you have a cool base from shooting everyone you see but the majority of people do not want to play like that trust me.

15. adjorr

adjorr Member

Yes this is how the game was designed, players were always intended to be the major threat as far back as the beggining of when they started talking about making this game.
    I would have to point out again that since the majority of people play this way that they must be enjoying it, also the most popular game mode is Battle Royale which is nothing but KOS PVP.
    Its people like you that are the minority and i really think you would be happier on a PVE server where you could build your cozy safe base and sing songs around the campfire with your buddies
    Leave the PVP to those that enjoy it

16. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

No dude lol i dont know why you cant get it through your head that im not against killing other players, but when its constant and you have to avoid everyone you see and anyone can get into your base its a major game breaking problem. A ton of people not just me have said that. And no im not the minority, the majority of people dont post on the H1Z1 forums, they dont care. I want to see this game succeed so i am. I would have already forgot about this game by now if i didnt. Secure housing and a re spawn system is a must for this game to be a success. Thats just a fact. You really dont seem to understand gameplay mechanics at all so please just go back to playing call of duty.

#16 slizzzy, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  17. adjorr

adjorr Member

It is not game breaking, base raiding and killing other players are both intended features.
    The game has already sold 1.2 million copies it is already succesful. You cannot speak for the majority of players who dont voice there opinions on forums you have no idea what theyre opinions are, you cant assume that the majority of them agree or disagree with you.
    Sure lots of people have asked for players good at pvp to be punished somehow, but even if 1000 people (very very generous estimate) have asked for it thats still 1000 out of 1.2 million, completely insignificant, 1000 people isnt even 1/10th of the people online at any given time. Lots of people think the earth is only 4000 years old that dosent make it true.
    If you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen

#17 adjorr, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  18. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

how do you not understand that when you have to literally avoid everyone you see in a MULTIPLAYER game its a major game breaking problem?

You cant speak at all for the majority of people because you really dont understand what makes a game fun. So im not gonna take your stupid stats into account. This game is going to fail if it continues like this. I watched a friend play it the other day and he was commenting on how stupid it is when you die, lose all your stuff, and then dont re spawn in your base. Most people think like that. Bases are useless if they can be raided and you dont re spawn in them. Thats a simple fact and its not even debatable. What is the point of a BASE? Im not going to spend hours building a base knowing it could be raided at any moment and neither will most people.

The game is just so impermanent in every way that it feels cheap. Its like a game you play on the subway to work.

You are just the worst kind of douchebag man. Im glad you have fun killing everyone you see but dont try to defend that thats how the game was designed and meant to be played. Youre just an immature little **** with the mentality of a 13 year old. You dont understand how video games work. Get out of the kitchen lol? im talking about how the game is broken. Just because i want secure housing doesnt mean im against PVP you stupid little shit. Seriously please go back to call of duty. No one likes playing with douchebags like you in a game like this

Simple ****s like you are what make companies pander

#18 slizzzy, May 19, 2015
  19. adjorr

adjorr Member

considering that in the 3 threads youve commented on you cant find 1 person who agress that bases should be unraidable id have to say your wrong, very very wrong about what people want.
    ANd as for your nasty language and insults directed towards me, well sticks and stones may break my bones but my .308 is still going to kill yah :)

#19 adjorr, May 19, 2015
  20. Strap81

Strap81 Member

In no way should bases be un-raidable. But it should be a hell of a lot harder than what it is now. Also random spams are fine. You shouldn't get to spawn on base everytime you die. You can just type" /respawn " until you get somewhat close.