Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Be Somebody!! Not just some guy. RATE IT!

Discussion in 'Episode 804 - Some Guy' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 12, 2017.

?

Rate it

1. 10

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 9

17 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. This guy liked it!!

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. 7

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I'd like to punch the guy that made this episode

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Do it immediately.

2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I give this 8.5.

I loved the chase with Rick and Daryl for those guns. Carol extended her badass legacy. Reality had to hit home for Ezekiel after seeing all of his people gunned down like that. And just as I thought, he was the one who said he's just "some guy". Sad about Shiva. But we knew that was coming with the CGI budget piling up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

With the exception of the Jeffrey Dahlmer Savior babbling with Zeke, I LOVED this ep. No boring as hell speeches, no bullshit. Thank god a good ep at last.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I liked it. I'll say 8.2.

I felt that I would have done some editing a bit differently. On a couple of occasions they showed the group of walkers no more than 30 or 40 feet away, yet Gunther was able to leisurely talk to Zeke and paint his face for an extended period, and they never caught up.

And the savior in the back of the truck shot at Rick dozens of times and never even hit the windshield? lol

But overall good episode, and I'll be interested to see Ezekiel in the future now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I'm giving this a NINE!

I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. Best episode of the season so far, and by a considerable margin.

Huge respect for Khary as an actor because his portrayal of Ezekiel has always been great, but it hit another level tonight. The first time we've really seen Zeke in such a raw, depressed and grounded state and it was heart wrenching.

I've always been hot and cold with Carol but I've been liking her a lot this season. Enjoyed her moments of badassery tonight and it was all believable enough. It's clear she has accepted Zeke as part of her "people" and will put her neck on the line for him. Jerry surviving is a huge plus.

Shiva's death... While I wish she was around longer this season. I know it had to happen here just to really break Zeke down and completely strip him of his fantastical king persona, but damn that was sad. Between this and Game of Thrones I'm just so over watching CGI animals bite the dust.

I needed this episode to give me some faith in the series again, the first time I've felt so invested and this hit all the right emotional beats. Let's see if they can keep it up for the next one!

The only negative was that weird Jeffrey Dahmer kid who seemed so out of place but this was slightly redeemed by Jerry getting to slice him in half.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I gave this episode a 9.

Great episode. Right now the best of this season.

The build up of King Ezekiel's confidence from the last two episodes was beautifully and tragically shattered here.

Carol returned 100% to being the queen of the apocalypse.

My few nitpicks are Shiva and Jerry magically disappearing until Ezekiel's back was "up against the wall".

The hipster savior was clearly a nod to Terminus leader Gareth. It should've been Arat, who is deserving of a gruesome death like the one Jerry supplied.

Rick and Daryl didn't check up on Ezekiel's group. They weren't far away from them, and since the Saviors almost escaped with the Browning machine guns, Rick should've seen what happened. Daryl, of course, would want to see if Carol was all right.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

This guy liked it!

8. cycles

cycles Member

I gave it a 9. I thought it was an excellent episode.

The opening scene was great. Ezekiel awoke as a regular guy and made himself up as a king before he went outside. He was playing a role and we watched him gradually lose his will to play that role. It reminded me a little of the breaking of Rick Grimes last season.

I was never a fan of the CGI tiger but I was sad to see it go because of what it meant to Ezekiel, Jerry and the Kingdom.

Great scenes with Carol. She was a one-woman killing machine.

The car chase was fun.

For all the action, it was Khary Payton’s acting that made the episode. It’s what TWD is all about.

#8 cycles, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rapscallion

Yeah, Jeffrey Dahmer (or as I call him, the Hipster Savior) was one of the few drawbacks to this episode. As I said earlier, it should've been Arat who grabbed King Ezekiel.

The hipster's death scene was good, but I think only a katana could slice through a body so cleanly. an axe like Jerry's would've cut deep into the impact point, but would have to be pried out.

10. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Very solid episode! The opening sequence was one of the best in a long while. The episode was very well paced, there was some good character development and the action scenes were actually shot decently.

It looks like King Ezekiel is finally dropping that basement dweller D&D BS speech now.

A couple very minor quibbles, I wish King Zek didn't utter the episode title. It wasn't necessary and it is kind of corny. Also that silly looking BMX "armor" his army wears really protects nothing.

11. Rapscallion

Characters saying the episode title has been going on for a few seasons now.

The BMX armor works against walkers, and wearing it must've inspired some confidence with King Ezekiel's troops.

12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I give it a 9. I loved everything about it except in real life, a tiger can easily kill 10 walkers. Come on, you don't think 10 peopel with no weapons vs a tiger, you think the people would win? LOL. She should have been able to maul these walkers like they were little toys.

Fortunately it didn't remove the emotional impact of that moment and I thoroughly enjoyed the episode.

13. TROR

TROR Member

This episode sucked until Rick arrived. I swear the writers of this show are some of the worst on television (I say this but I barely watch any television so what do I know). I seriously could write better episodes based off the source material than these hacks do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

I didn't check out the title of the ep before watching it. And not knowing, I guess, made a big difference. Hearing him say that in that little voice was heartbreaking.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

9 for me. Liked that I was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire episode.

I have always like King EZ and now it will be all for the better to watch how he works through his guilt

And my list just keeps growing @Jen7 and @PepperAnn LMAO

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. tink

tink Well-Known Member

OK, bored as **** about the war already. This is my problem with Gimple, he gets a bug up his ass and then just sits on it F..O..R..E..V..E..R.

Sheva getting killed by a couple of walkers was just plain silly. She could have ripped them apart then jumped out.

I found the guy who took the King hostage overdone and stupid.

I liked that Jerry didn't get killed. I would have had to riot if he did.

17. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

No boring as hell speeches? That's what I thought most of Zeke's dialogue was in this episode. Oh well, that's why we have a forum; to express different opinions. I thought this was the weakest of the first 4 episodes. The car chase was great, especially Daryl coming up behind Rick and firing at the Saviors. Carol, as usual, was great. Waiting for Negan's reappearance next episode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Overall, this was a good episode. The opening sequence was one of the better ones that they've done in awhile. Sometimes the flashbacks they use in an episode are awkward, but they were effective here, particularly in the intro.

The Savior that briefly captured Ezekiel was horrible though, and not in a good way. The acting was poor and the lines they gave him were cringeworthy. I could see Negan, or Simon, saying some of that stuff, but it was out of place for just some guy at an outpost. And to make it even worse he's delivering this diatribe while a herd is just behind them.

Rick and Daryl to the rescue at the end was a fun scene.

And I'm always glad when Negan doesn't have screentime, but that luck runs out next week.

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! I am staying away from the episode threads today since I fell asleep last night. I have seen the first 15 minutes so far and that was this morning. LOL :oops:

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I should have started lower on the rating scale for the first few eps because now I have no choice but to give this one a 10 lol. Action packed from start to finish while also full of emotion watching Ezekiel lose so much.

Dahmer was interesting to me - some say he seemed out of place, but I don't think he was. He was a relative nobody among the saviors who was trying to impress his leader by bringing King Ezekiel back to him. It made me sad when Dahmer and Ezekiel were being closed in on by the walkers, and Zeke said "let's fight them together..." Even in his lowest of low moments, he was still just such a good guy.

And JERRY...i was so happy to see him step out of his funny role and just majorly kick ass.

I'm so sad for Ezekiel and the rest of the Kingdom, but I can't wait to see where he goes from here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2