Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bears are op

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Zimuus, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ComikZ

ComikZ New Member

It's predatory animal chasing something it wishes to eat/kill it's not about to give up, and it does a lot of damage because its a freaking bear...

2. Kevy

Kevy Member

I like the chase but when they glitch through everything thats a problem. Thats the OP part.

3. H1Z1InsightfulTester

Yes getting chased by a bear....you need to find a set of stairs....if hes chasing you strafe while running and dodge in and around trees....but if you are near a guard rail jump it he will run along the guardrail and around buying you time to either log out or run to a better location =)

4. Kinii

Kinii New Member

My suggestion for bears would be to Nerf the damage they do. Instead when you get attacked by one your character will get a 'major bleeding' debuff. If you don't bandage yourself within a certain amour of time you will die.

5. Zodd74

Zodd74 Member

[​IMG]

Helped a Bambi chased by a wolf and a Bear :D
    2 bullets in the head for bear,one for the wolf.
    Not so OP,maybe only their speed.

6. Uhzr11

Uhzr11 Member

Now the fact that through can phase through physical objects is wrong. But I think you should be afraid of bears so keep them how they are damage and health wise.

7. ASMS_Leader

ASMS_Leader Member

Nope...not true lol those ****ers no clip straight through guard rails I found that out first hand....

8. Abstinentas

Abstinentas New Member

Bow = Dead bear. Problem solved.

9. raguna5

raguna5 New Member

from memory there is no safe place from bears. even runnig them over did more damage to you than them, and sometimes they would "die" but still live which was ammusing trying to loot them

10. Fleischfresser

Bears are now of the "care" species unfortunately. Had one rear up and growl today, I sprinted off, didn't even see it I outran it so fast (normally takes about 50 meters at a fast sprint and they get bored with you).

Unfortunately not like it was before.

The only problem I've had with them now in fact is when they are charging you over uneven ground after you shoot one of them. I've had them start "hopping" up and down with a difference of 3-5 meters, which makes that bear impossible to hit until he is on top of you munching your face.

Quick solution to that though is just not hunt them, blackberry pies are twice as yummy and are good for dehydration as well...

11. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

Bears were killing machines and everyone who played before had a story of death surrounding them. They were the equalizer for the people hiding on the edge of the map never seeing human contact. They were part of the survival aspect of the game. I not sure why they had to change in the massive way they did. I do however like the graphic where the stand up, but in some instances they need to just charge. I remember my first encounter with a bear used all my 308 ammo and left my heart pounding as the beast fell dead at my feet. Can any new survivors say that? Nope they say something like " I shot it at range with 2 arrows" LAME.

And wildlife in general is just lame now. Before launch they said the wildlife had retaken the forests. What happened to that?

There was descriptions of game play for this game before alpha launch that attracted me to this game but it seems they have strayed far from that. They are apparently making the game for the average whining reddit user instead of the game they invisioned.

But don't get me wrong I love playing it and I have seen some great things come into the game and the devs are doing amazing
    work. And will be sticking around well into launch.

12. Bud

Bud New Member

I have a lot of respect about the bears, but when you shoot them 2 arrows in the head, they are dead :)

13. Zeusman9000

Zeusman9000 New Member

yeaah baby. light weight!!

14. Nyctophile

Nyctophile New Member

Bears are not so OP but there's a bug where he stands there and keep hitting you without moving...

15. SuwoopGang

SuwoopGang New Member

Bears were better before the nerfs. They just need to fix the clipping.

16. battysnee

battysnee New Member

When all the other animals disappeared and all I could find were bear statues, I learned pretty quick these guys aren't anywhere near as hard to bring down as it seems.

17. Bribarian

Bribarian New Member