Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bears..Now a big threat.

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by RHYTHM, Apr 28, 2015.

1. RHYTHM

RHYTHM New Member

Was playing for a bit yesterday and accidentally stumbled upon a bear in the woods. Like in the past a just high-tailed it and tried to find higher ground,and/or deck foundation to ditch him or kill him. Well i guess they upgraded the bears a bit because now they will and can catch you. Eat you up in 2 bites... idk how i feel about this.. unless you have a shotgun locked and loaded you're pretty much ****ed. How do the rest of you feel about this??:confused:

2. lskyus

lskyus Experienced Ranger

They bought in grenades and molotovs, admittedly they are bugged, but the bears still made short work of the the developers...

At least bear traps are hopefully coming...someone said it was on the roadmap, we need a way to slow them down..forty arrows later and noclipping through walls is not quite what i had in mind...

I see zombies attacking deer, wolves attacking deer, bears should be attacking zombies and deer, if they are that hungry...

It is a game after all, a survival game, if the developers of their own game are dying while live streaming...

The game is already becoming micro management city, health, stamina, endurance, virus, hyrdration, rest, weapons repair and allocation, ammo construction, pvp, base maintenance, bee keeping (lol), you still have to find all this stuff too..eventually the game will become a chore to play and it wont be fun anymore...

You survive all that including players and then a bear kills you in 2 seconds flats..errr okay...

It is supposed to be a game you know...

Nuff said really...

#2 lskyus, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  3. 13ones

13ones Member

To me it's sounds like your in the wrong game if you don't want to do any of the chores that would be involved in zombie survival. To me it sounds like you want a game like COD or battle field were you just log on and spray and pray.

Dam straight this so true, devs listen to this guy he has an very good point.

I have been chased by bears since the patch on both PVP and PVE servers and got away one way or another, unless there is water, then you are straight up screwed, grab your ankles and start kissing kind of screwed. If we get slowed by water then so should the animals. i spooked a rabbit the other day wow those things move fast ontop of the water lol.

Has this only happened to you once is there a chance that it was a bad anomaly?

4. lskyus

I do not want them nerfed, I want real threats, but to watch the developers get smacked in seconds by 1 bear shows just how much it needs tweaking...

Add to that noclipping through buildings, super speed, sounds more like hacks... than a hungry bear!

#4 lskyus, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
  5. lskyus

I like the survival aspect, I like hunting animals, but they need tweaking... I know they are working on these issues..but if a dev cant handle bears with fully armed grenades / molotovs...?

PS cant stand battlefield, prefer survival games...lol

#5 lskyus, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
  6. Strap81

Strap81 Member

I out ran a bear just about an hour ago. Also killed another with about 6 pistol shots. They don't seem any different than they have always been?

7. Fleischfresser

I love em, got about 46 bear sandwiches and looking for more. Well, except for the one I ran into when it was so dark I couldn't see a foot in front of me, I tried to duck into a car (a drivable one) and make a get away but I guess I forgot to roll up the window, stuck his snout in and bit my face off, lost a military backpack 2000 over that one.

Always carry a .45 pistol, even if it is right up on you if you unload a clip into its back that usually does the trick.

I think the tweaking needs not be with how hard they strike or how fast they run, but the fact that you just can't shake them, period, and that they run through doors, walls, barbed wire, trees, etc..

8. lskyus

I have about 30 Wolf club lunches.... gonna open my own store..lol

Hmm anyone fancy a bear claw...? lol

9. search543

search543 Member

10. tamashiiken

tamashiiken Member

Bears DO go after zombies, unless I have seen a glitch a few times. Or unless you are closer than the zombie.

11. lskyus

cool!

12. search543

search543 Member

i can back that up... i 2 have seen bears and zombies going at it

13. lskyus

Might be bugged then, when I see bears they don't seem to attack other animals, I'll keep checking...

14. search543

search543 Member

15. TheZZZ

TheZZZ Member

the only thing I see bears attacking is me, in fact I was once killed while in a jeep by a bear...... smh

16. Fleischfresser

Yeah, I know, right? (See above) Blasted car keys wouldn't fit in the ignition and the bear ripped my face right off with one bite.

Well, at least it was a bloody mess for the next guy who came along and found the car.

17. Gprofanity

Gprofanity New Member

Bears attack zombies if they get close, Zombies also attack bears if they get close.
    2 hits from a bear and the zombie is dead, i saw a bear killing like 10 zombies in a row in the city, ****ing amazing :)

Well, a bear outrun a human ? Whats the problem there ?
    They just need to fix the bugs when they pass through cars, fences and shits.

132h, if we leave the bugs behing (they will get eventually fix) the only problem is the lack of players OR to many svs on this game. I started the game on the sv Purgatory (It was a good sv before the wipe) in the moment they wipped everything, and now its like 10 players max on the sv, kinda shity to play vs zombies/bears/wolfs/life ...

18. ZombieGirl H1Z1

Bears used to be fun...

Yikes now. :/

19. DontSHootImFriendly

Wolves are the biggest threat imo. They are far more numerous than bears and you can sometimes have two or three on your case. Also, I find I have to crouch down to fight them sometimes, and I've had them attack through decking floor.

20. lskyus

Wolves are not to bad, but being attacked by wolves, a bear and zombies..geez lol (vendetta lol)...

I walked into a house the other day and a wolf just appeared out of nowhere snapping at me..lol

At least food is not a problem, I used to hunt deer, till the wolves attacked, now its free range wolf sandwiches...