Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Before and After

Discussion in 'Volume 22: A New Beginning' started by jwcoombs, May 20, 2014.

1. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

#21 jwcoombs, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. lewh

lewh Member

It didn't make a proper appearance but it may have been hung up in the background of a panel or something ha. Given that Kirkman has stated what this hat means to Carl i'm surprised he doesn't still wear it - although if he's going through a phase where his appearance means a lot to him and he's trying to pick up girls then maybe he has put it on hiatus ha!

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

After I posted that, I flipped through the issue again looking for the hat, maybe hung up on a hook or something, but I couldn't find it. I hope nothing happened to it during the time jump! I imagine it's on a shelf in Carl's room. The absence of the hat, combined with Carl's new look, must mean that he's growing up and feels he doesn't need it anymore. Or maybe he's hung it up because things have been safe and peaceful for so long that he's no longer in "sheriff mode." Or probably a bit of both.

4. Something2Fear

Dat Andrea tho.

5. lewh

lewh Member

aww man thats a shame. I've just threw this together on photoshop really fast and poorly haha:

[​IMG]

I'm not so sure it still works with him now, unless the glasses go I don't think we will see the hat :( haha!

p.s. excuse the poorly made picture LOL :zombies_lol:

6. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Way better than I could do. haha

I agree, either hat or glasses, but not both. One shouldn't over-accessorize. ;)

7. Dave Himura

Dave Himura Member

I finally read the issue, so how long time passed? Is nice to see rick finally settled into the leader position, I HATED the new character design for Carl but hey at least he got a girl to flash boobs for him so guess it works for him xD.

So he still have that weird relationship with negan? i think he will be the one to kill him eventually

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Maybe when something bad happens (which is inevitable) he puts the gun and the hat back on and swaps the glasses to bring back the hair eyepatch.

9. lewh

lewh Member

haha! I'm not too sure Carl would be worried about over-accessorizing, not with them glasses and necklace already!

At the start of the letter hacks it says 2 years have passed :)

Haha, I'd love to see this, Carl has his own bad-ass mode he activates when sh*t hits the fan!

10. Dave Himura

Dave Himura Member

Thanks, I normally dont read those things so was kinda lost xD

11. MantisTaboganMD

[MENTION=25512]jwcoombs[/MENTION] Thanks for all those, pretty badass stuff. I've got no shame admitting I was late to the game and have only been reading for a little over a year, so I missed all of the promo stuff!

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

If he wants to pick up girls, he needs the hat & gun back lol

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Carl's new design is a bit.. tweeny. Lose the necklace and hipster glasses, kiddo.

14. lewh

lewh Member

Haha definitely! Imagine if in the next issue we see this 'Anna' or some other girl and he has gave her it cause she said she liked it! haha uh-oh

15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Noooooo !!!! lol

Negan will escape & Carl will put his hat back on!

16. HondaS2kXD

yep. that's what i think. right now Carl is in "peace mode" no hat, no gun, but sunglasses. when SHTF, the hat and the gun come back and hopefully the glasses fall off and a walker steps on them.

by the way that gif in your sig caused a mouthful of Baha Blast mountain dew to shoot out my nose. i hope you're happy.

17. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Ew. Mello Yello >>>> Mountain Dew

18. lewh

lewh Member

Haha this would be the best way for them to go! :zombies_lol:

19. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

20. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Maggie's "New Beginning" promo was released on the site today. So I figured I'd stay ahead of the curve and make this real quick so we could all see the difference!

Not much different but I'm glad to see her growing the hair back out. Someone pointed out that she's starting to resemble her older sister Lacy(who died back on the Greene farm); which is a nice touch. Adlard's been doing well with the family resemblances; Carl is even starting to look like Lori.

The real story here is where that baby!? And how did Maggie shed that baby belly like some kind of super-model!?!? I WANT ANSWERS!! LOL
    [​IMG]
    @TheILLness @Tyler @H5N1 @lewh @kennyisalive94 @SFA @Sharpie61 @Stuff&Thangs @Tony Davis@TyberiusFox @Neuropyramidal @legendx66 @TheGreatOnion @and138 @Agramer @Z-Man @Alec96@HondaS2kXD