Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ben's father

Discussion in 'Episode 702 - The Well' started by LadyGrimes, Nov 1, 2016.

1. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

When Ben was telling Morgan about his father who was a good fighter and ended up getting killed by walkers. I have to wonder now if his father wasn't taken prisoner by Negan just like Daryl was. His father could've attacked Negan just as Daryl had done and ended up a prisoner in the sanctuary. Now it's also possible that Ben's father could've just been Lucilled, but King Ezekiel wouldn't tell him the truth either way. Because then Ben would want revenge.

And based on the promo for 703 there's quite a few prisoners in the sanctuary and something tells me a lot of them have been there for a long time.
    So what do you think about this idea? Possible?

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I like that idea a lot. I'm guessing Yes to the Negan part, and No to Ben's father still being alive, because Ezekiel is so fully committed to being responsible for Ben. Maybe I will think Yes to both parts when I have seen the promo.

3. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

That's possible... maybe Negan has multiple prisoners from different camps in order to give him the upper hand in negotiating with the different camps beyond the threat of death by Lucille but the threat of death by Lucilling a loved one?

4. LadyGrimes

This is my thinking too, and each of these prisoners has impressed him as Daryl did, only he was never able to break them or get them to join his side and so they remained his prisoners.

5. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Yes, either a victim or prisoner. Im guessing prisoner, since we are supposed to feel invested in Ben and his story may still have more to come, emotionally.

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

VERY likely!!! Also, I feel better that he would have taken Daryl no matter what.

7. LadyGrimes

I'm beginning to think he's going to be one of the key players in the war against Negan, especially when he finds out the truth.

8. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

@Ricky Grimes

Yeah I think you're definitely on to something. I never would've looked at it that way even though it was right in front of my face.

Rick still gave him (Negan) that "damn look" and the threat of cutting off Carl's limb may not have been enough after time to prevent Rick from being Rick and seeking to avenge the murders of Abraham and Glenn (although in reality Negan was merely doing the same thing, avenging the murders of his people).

Having Daryl who Negan clearly sees means alot to the group assures he has and keeps the upper hand as long as Daryl is alive so it's likely the other prisoners are important to their respective camps as well and no one would want to be responsible for a captured member being Lucilled... unles you're the Governor.

#8 WillyJakkz, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its possible, and a great thought, although Ben said 8 people died in the building they were trying to clear when his father died. So that would mean Negan killed and/or captured a total of 8 people, to make the story fit. That means Ezekiel's group must have been REALLY naughty when they met Negan. Look how much trouble OUR group caused Negan, yet still only two killed, and one captured. Of course its also possible that some of the 8 really did die by accident [walkers], and THEN Negan killed/captured the rest. You may turn out to be right, but my guess is that Ben's story will just turn out to be what he said it was.

#9 Neuropyramidal, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  10. batongal

batongal Active Member

It's a great possibility. Ben said his father was the best fighter in the Kingdom. If he truly was, Negan may have taken an interest in him. I could see Ezekiel lying about what really happened.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This thought is what makes me thing that's entirely possible.

#1 as already said, Ezekiel is totally a protector of Ben and I can see him hiding the truth from him.
    #2 if his father was such a good fighter...I found it fishy that he was killed by walkers. I mean, I know they are still a threat, but Rick and co have gotten out of some pretty sticky situations with walkers....why just them? :p

12. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

That is a great theory and completely possible. I feel like there is a bigger story to Ben rather than just a line stated for the scene.

13. Chiron

Chiron Member

Agree - a possibility esp. as Ben is being built up as the Aikido Morgan version to Rick's Gunslinger Carl re: future vengeance.
    @zombiemom I think mentioned in another thread while discussing Ezekiel keeping Negan at arm's length from his people, that maybe he is protecting Ben from the truth about his father's fate. And it maaaaay come out that was a Saviour duel gone bad. They seemed to have walkers pretty much under control.

#13 Chiron, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  14. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about this. Possible I suppose, but why can't Ben just be orphaned by the ZA and Ezekiel has taken a liking to him? However, I did notice in the promo that Dwight seems to take a very strong interest in a particular Walker impaled in the Sanctuary yard. If RickyGrimes is correct, I wonder if this walker is a link to Ben somehow?

15. calliope

calliope Active Member

I'm not sure about this either, but I think it's a great idea! They do seem to be going out of their way to compare/contrast the two camps. Naming the episodes The Well and The Cell seems more than a coincidence to me. They seem very much the direct opposites--one the benign dictatorship, the other the exact opposite. I do hope they have put some time and attention into linking the two camps and Ben's father would seem to be a great opportunity to do that.

16. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

It is possible that Ezekiel turned Ben's father over and is guilted out about it. I am sure there is more to the story or it would not have been introduced and left so cryptic. My guess is he is one of the two guys herding Zombie's in the fence at the prison because they were shown so many times. Maybe both from the Kingdom.

17. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Morgan should have asked, "If he was such a good fighter why is he dead".