Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Best Horror Book?

Discussion in 'Horror Books' started by PepperAnn, Feb 4, 2013.

1. obliviousme

obliviousme Member

I'm currently reading Phantoms by Dean Koontz and I'm halfway through the book and all i can say is it is pretty damn scary. The suspense is painful. Give it a read, I'm sure you'll enjoy this book

2. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

That's a great book! My sister turned me on to Dean Koontz a long time ago and I've read many of his books over the years.

Watchers was excellent and suspensful too, among others. Sole Survivor and Strangers were also some of my favorites

3. Claimed

Claimed Member

The Shining By Stephen King. I can't go into my own bathroom without checking behind the shower curtain now.

4. Front Row

Front Row New Member

I remember the first time I read Salem's lot, I was sitting with my back against a large picture window, it was night, the curtains were open and I was reading the part where Danny scratches on the window. I must have turned to look out the window about ten times before I moved across the room.

5. Claimed

Claimed Member

That's when you know a book is really good. It's able to make your imagination project itself into reality.

6. Queen Bethy

Queen Bethy Member

The shining

• Like Like x 1
  7. Legend

Legend Active Member

The book in which I keep a note of all my finances...

8. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

My favorite Horror author is H.P. Lovecraft. I like his stories and his subtle horror. And he influenced so many authors and filmmakers. My favorite stories by Lovecraft are Call of Cthulhu, Charles Dexter Ward, The music of Erich Zann, The rats in the wall.
    As for modern authors: I like It by Stephen King and The list of seven by Mark Frost

9. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

You know, I just realised, that there is a horror book section and a zombie book section, but nothing for general book discussion. Was that not a popular theme or are the books simply discussed under general discussion? I didn't find a particular book thread.

10. Trioxin 245

Trioxin 245 New Member

The Books of Blood by Clive Barker...
    simply the best collection of short stories ever written, you can see he is the inspiration for so many writers and film makers today.

love to hear from those that have read them

11. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

You've inspired me to read them. You're awesome baby. X

12. Capt. Rhodes

Capt. Rhodes Member

The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson scared the bejeezus out of me.

13. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Pet Sematary by Stephen King really got to me. I need to reread it again. The idea that a grief-stricken father couldn't accept his son's death, exhumed from the grave, and re-buried him in a ground with mystical powers that could resurrect your loved one--but not bring them back the same way... Very chilling.

14. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

scariest books? probably journals/papers on parasites that infect humans...non fiction

Favorite books? Cujo, Hellbound heart, Frankenstein, The Shining, Exorcist, Jaws, Call of Cthulhu, Red Dragon, I am Legend, Mountains of madness, Haunting of hill house, Damnation game, hell house... to name a few...

15. GlennsCrazyEye

Not sure if it's been published yet but the borrasca serise by ck walker is scary in a gut turning could totally happen sort of way. It was originally an episodic tale on reddit /nosleep but was compiled together and is one of the best amateur horrors I've ever read.

16. CampFire

CampFire Member

As a Stephen King fan I like a lot of his books, but the one that gave me nightmares was Salems Lot. It creeped the hell out of me. So terrifying. I also love the book adaptions.