Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Best season?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Carl Grimes, Mar 29, 2015.

?

Best season?

1. 5

20 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. 4

15 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. 3

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. 2

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. 1

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

For me this and season 4 were tied thought all of this season but morgan coming back put it slightly ahead for me. Least to greatest-3,1,2,4,5

2. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Season 4 was probably my favorite, although Season 5 had the strongest opening and the first three episodes were among the best of the series. It just stumbled when it went to the hospital.

3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Depends how you watch them. I'll probably just skip episodes 504-507 when I rewatch. Given qualifier, I think it's 12345. Continuous improvement.

4. TWDfan87893

TWDfan87893 Active Member

I'll say season 5. Still really like No Sanctuary episode, and this finale is right up there with that in my opinion!

5. daryldixon

daryldixon Member

Least to greatest

3-2-1-4-5

I was gonna have Season 4 as my favorite but the second half of Season 5 was so damn good. I loved the first 3 episodes of the first half but the hospital storyline was what hurt it. I liked the Self Help episode.

I loved every single episode of Season 5b.

6. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Season 1 for me, then season 5, then 2, 4 and 3.

7. SStark

SStark Active Member

Seasons 4 and 5 are tied for first for me right now, followed by 1, 2, and then 3.

8. 1618

1618 Well-Known Member

4-1-2-5-3

This season has started the downhill roll again.

9. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Probably season 2.. Best run of the she still for me is, mid-season 2 to mid-season 3.

10. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Season 2 is still my favorite but Season 5B might be the most consistently good stretch of episodes that I've seen. Too bad so much of Season 5A wasn't that good IMO. For order I'd probably go:

2-5-4-1-3

11. the walking jet

season 2 was my favorite but season 5 is now & it's not even close!!

i hope we get at least 10 more seasons of my favorite TV show of all time!!

12. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Why even ask this question now? Every year someone comes along, does this and they always act like the newest season is the best yet until they rewatch it closely and see the gaping holes and ridiculous amount of filler and this year will be no different. Season One is still the best to me because despite it's problems, it maintained an almost movie quality. Each episode felt like a short film, the acting was great, the writing was still much better than most of what we get these days despite the Vatos scenes (ugh) and the dialogue sounded real and natural unlike what we get from Gimple most of the time. Don't get me started on Mazzara's dialogue.. "We're the seed *dramatic pause* it's time to harvest" might just be some of the worst dialogue i've ever seen on the show. I'd rank the seasons like this personally; 1, 4, 2, 5, 3.

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Minus Grady Memorial, season 5 was pretty decent. Not the best season, though. Maybe third, behind season 1 and 4.

14. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

You seem to also be forgetting the infamous filler episodes we spent in Atlanta so we could see Carol get hit by a car and kidnapped for drama in the filler arc, with Noah so we could watch Tyreese die and get a bad cryface from Noah and in a barn so we could get a bunch of old Zombie movie references and MORE. DARYL. CRYFACE.. I rank it a level above S3 personally.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Episodes 1-3, and "Remember" through to "Conquer" were all pretty good imo. Even "Self Help" was decent in the first half. That's enough for me, but I'm still disappointed in the season as a whole due to the reasons you mentioned. A lot of filler, a lot of wasting time...

16. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

This season didn't have nearly as much filler as last season.

17. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Season 1 will always be the best. Frank Darabont absolutely destroyed all Zombie films with the first episode in my opinion. I consider the third Season the second best for it's "Fear The Living" theme. It's something that's ignored in most zombie movies. Next to that would be Season 5. I'm not much of a fan of episodes 4-10 though. I only liked the Terminus and Alexandria storylines. Not so much of Grady Memorial. I would say Season 4 and 2 are my least favorites. Both of them had a ton of great moments that I loved but I just like 1,3 and 5 better. That being said, I generally liked all the seasons.

18. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Going with 5 as my favorite thus far, with 1 not far behind. The thing I loved most about this season was my fear that the show would slow up sharply once they got to ASZ, signaling a rapid decline in the show going forward; Instead, the show managed to accelerate pace rapidly once they arrived at a stationary place.

This signals twice in TV history that I was woefully mistaken about the pace a show would take based off of setting; "The Walking Dead" & "Star Trek: Deep Space 9"... I could not see how a serial sci-fi show set on a space station could capture the exploration themes of the Star Trek universe, and I was wrong. Here, I had source material to go off of, and still thought the show would downshift at the gates and not pick up until the introduction of Negan... I can already tell I was wrong again.

Here is to answering this question next year with a resounding 6.

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Picking best episodes, favorite scenes, favorite season always proves to be quite the difficult exercise for me. Each season has its high and low points, best and not so best episodes. While I have enjoyed each season, there is certainly a scale of enjoyment to each one.

From least favorite to favorite:
    I am in the minority in that of all seasons thus far season 1 is my least favorite. That is not to say I thought it was a bad season, I am still watching so that is testament enough that I enjoyed season 1. Just do not see it as the holy grail of all Walking Dead seasons.

Season 3, while I thought was a very good season still ranks near the bottom of my favorite list.

Season 2 contains one of my favorite episodes, Nebraska. Also the season that gave us 18 Miles Out, Pretty Much Dead Already, Better Angels, Beside the Dying Fire. All great episodes IMO. Running neck and neck is season 4. Loved the first five episodes of that season along with Too Far Gone. I always skip the governor episodes when re-watching and in the back half of four liked them all with After, Claimed and A being my favorites. I would say that season 4 slightly edges out season 2 for my #2 spot.

Season 5, with the exception of Slabtown, was a very good season overall with numerous great episodes. My favorites (in no particular order) being No Sanctuary, Strangers, Four Walls, The Distance, Try, Conquer, Them, WH&WGO, and Spend. The pacing in the back half of 5 was consistent and offered me many WTF moments. It gave us what is in my opinion one of Andrew Lincoln's shiniest shining moments - his half crazed speech at the end of Try. It gave us a Carol and a Michonne that should forever be models of how to portray strong women on television. And of course, it gave us the return of Morgan.

Enough of my opinions, will just end by repeating my least favorite to favorite seasons: 1,3,2,4,5

#19 Dnae, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  20. Charmander

Charmander Member

1, 3, 2, 5, 4

I actually quite enjoyed S5; I just think that it was let down by the hospital arc which made it too inconsistent.

1 is my favourite because I loved the story (with the exception of the Shane/Lori melodrama), the direction, the smaller cast and the more developed characters.

3 was a great season let down by Woodbury in some episodes. I loved the prison setting and the introduction to the Governor, though it's a shame that they also botched up Andrea in this season.

2 seemed perfect the first time round and it also has my favourite finale. It loses something when you rewatch and know what's happened to Sophia, but I like seasons that revolve around some kind of mystery.

And I felt that it would have been nicer if they'd moved on from the prison earlier in S4. There was less focus, the sickness storyline was good to start with but went on too long and it also contains that Beth/Daryl episode that I hate.

#20 Charmander, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015