Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Beta's Backstory

Discussion in 'Episode 1002 - We Are the End of the World' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It seems like there is still a shroud of mystery there. He told Alpha that he was in the psychiatric facility after he was ran out of the camp by the dead. He worded it "they ran ME out of my camp". Me, not us?? But then we see a picture hung up of him and another man, and they seem to be standing in front of some sort of 'second chances' type of facility. Among other pictures of other people. Did he lie to Alpha and he had been in this psychiatric center since the start? Was his son? brother? a patient there? If he and his son/brother had made it there together after their camp was overrun, would he not have said "we got ran out of camp?". Or was he purposely blocking the idea of the other man from Alpha?

He scratched off both the faces in the pic like he is trying to erase their identities. And he never takes off his mask.

I think there is still some curtains here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It was an addiction treatment center which was called Second Chances
    And somewhere it was stated that the person in the photo and the walker killed was Beta's best friend

And I would say that he has been hiding out in this facility for some time and the whole "run out of camp" was a lie

I think there are some heavy duty room darkening curtains here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Basically, Beta has managed to remain solidly behind his heavy duty curtains, after his backstory episode. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm starting to buy into the famous country singer theory that kicked off last season of ftwd.

I mean he keeps his face hidden and as soon as Alpha sees it she understands why he keeps it covered. So unless he's physically scared, I'm thinking because she recognized him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

If he's indeed some famous singer everyone would recognise without a mask, that's almost interesting, but of course it would only be interesting if people actually recognised him. As long as he's wearing the mask, he will stay this super strong and super dull robot who keeps barking at Alpha then backpedals immediately. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah so far I am pretty disappointed in Beta. He seems pretty one dimensional and "dull" like @BlackBird said. And poor Ryan Hurst, I feel his talent is being underused.

7. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

Wasn't the dead guy at the place they took shelter wearing the tee shirt that Beta now wears? So maybe? some humanity left in choosing to do that?
    She chuckled when she saw his face, so I'm guessing definitely famous.
    And then there's the album cover from Fear that looked a lot like him.
    It seems like he's pushing her to make sure she's still on target with their plans, while still ultimately backing her.....so far.
    He's suspicious of Gamma. And for that, I don't blame him. I wonder about her too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

As for him being famous, most famous country singers could tap me on the shoulder and I wouldn't know who they were. So there's that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

Good point. I doubt I'd know any of them.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Same

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

It could be he keeps his face covered because he hates the “monster” he sees. And maybe his friend was an optimistic and kind person, so he wears his face instead.
    Whoever that guy was, he loved him.

The truth is out there

12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

On Talking Dead he said Beta was someone who was famous and joked that he could be Ryan Hurst. Which would be absolutely amazing. Like all of you, unless it's that guy who keeps showing up in commercials with Payton Manning, I don't think I would recognize any country artists.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Agree for all the reasons you mentioned, which is why I see this episode as less of a backstory for Beta, but a backstory of how Alpha and Beta began their relationship.

I haven't watched Fear so I was unaware of the singer/album cover thing until I read about it. I guess masking his face would make sense if he was still in a group and wanted to hide his identity, but he was there alone so no one to hide it from. It seems a silly thing to worry about in the middle of the ZA to me.

Because I didn't know of the Fear connection when I watched the scene, I assumed he was horribly disfigured and Alpha's smile was merely a sign of acceptance and/ or understanding. The fact that he wore the mask alone, the scratched off faces in the photo..led me to believe he couldn't bear to look at his or his "friend's" faces from before.

The Famous singer theory makes the humming and the comments regarding music interesting. I hope we get more about who he was.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Neuropyramidal

• Like Like x 3
  15. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Just don't get why someone would think being famous previously would really matter enough to hideyour face in a ZA. Especially for only a country singer and not some kind of big political leader or something that really could matter.

16. Neuropyramidal

It doesn't make any sense to me either, but they seem to be painting Beta as someone with a history of mental instability, so I guess it must make sense to him, in some way. If indeed, they do end up going that route.

17. Neuropyramidal

On my rewatch, something dawned on me. The flashback was 7 years ago, which means about 3.5 years into the ZA. Almost the exact same time that our group was trying to build the bridge. So there were no whisperers before that. So, we can FINALLY officially put to bed all the theories since around Season 7, where so many people were certain that some 'odd' walkers were actually whisperers, and that one walker was definitely a whisperer because itshands looked like normal skin, etc, and the famous leaf on the other side of the fence that everyone was convinced was a whisperer in season 8. :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hmmm I missed out on all of those theories because I have no clue what you are talking about LOL

• Funny Funny x 1