Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Beth and Daryl, TOGETHER - WTF!!

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Rickshair, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I cannot understand why the majority of posters on ALL WD forums wants Beth and Daryl to get together.

I cannot think of anything so bad.:zombies_shocked:

She is supposed to be 18 (and very immature with it), and he has got to be 40 at least (the character, not the actor).

Apart from being poles apart emotionally, they have nothing in common other than the typical ZA will to survive.

I am sure Daryl just sees her as a kid. As I do. Please don't let them kiss, it would be so bad for the series. It would turn it from a great horror series into Knots Landing!

Or worse still, Dallas.

That bad.

As a couple, they look all wrong too. He looks like her dad, or her uncle. Seeing Daryl kiss Beth would make him look an old pervert going for the seduction. Yikes! Taking advance of a young mind which is emotionally all over the place. Sorry, I didn't buy that she 'found herself' in the last episode. You cannot turn internal turmoil around like that. And that goes for Daryl too.

And anyway, what ever happened to the Daryl/Carol relationship??? If anything, that looked like it could have gone somewhere. They look more suited.

I am hoping the scriptwriters ditch any attempt to fuze Daryl with Beth. I am sure a nice young man more Beth's age will come along.

I'd never wanna see B and D together. So wrong, in many ways.:zombies_shocked:

2. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I don't get it either. At least he seems to have good acting chemistry with Carol if they must plunge him into something. Overall, I hope the writers don't just do that unless they have something interesting to explore.

3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

There are so few people left in the world. Such things as age differences , monogamy, marry mister or ms perfect for love, have to be ignored if human race is to repopulate and not become extinct.

4. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

There is no way Daryl can be 40, he must be 30 at max. Since Beth is 18/19 now it is actually legal for them to be together. They might not become couples, but they will become really good friends for sure. Friends with benefits? ;)

5. Caryl

Caryl Member

Norman Reedus is 45. Daryl is probably very late 30s early 40s. Esp since Merle looked early 50s easily. No way Daryl's younger than that.

Beth is 17 or 18 now since she was 17 when Axel thought she was so "interesting" in the prison. We see how protective Carol got over her. The show clearly meant to give a pervy vibe to any older man who even thought about her in that way. They're not going to do a 180 and pair a 40 year old man with a 17 or 18 year old girl. It's just not going to happen.

6. Nikkitty

Nikkitty New Member

Its definitely a thing. Beth is of age now and Daryl isnt like axel. Axel was a prisoner and not as well liked or trusted the way daryl is.

But....

7. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Axel could have been well liked and trusted the way Daryl is if he hadn't been prematurely killed by that serial killer of interesting characters Mazzara.

8. ingénue belle

ingénue belle Well-Known Member

I don't see anything that would make me think possible hook up or *gulp* relationship. They are just bonding....finding someone to keep living for. If Daryl see's anything in Beth, it's a little sister...and begrudging respect.

9. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Nope, he definitely wants her in a sexual way.

10. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Agreed. Just because they were bonding, that doesn't mean they're going to have a sexual or emotional relationship. Holding hands does not equal a relationship unless you're under the age of ten....

11. Simone

Simone Member

Daryl is definitely attracted to Beth, but nothing might end up happening between them.

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

They shared an experience & bonded a bit.. Relationship or sexual attraction is going overboard with assumptions I think..

13. Something2Fear

I viewed their relationship as a close friendship more than anything. Beth was able to bring Daryl out of his "dark place" and in return Daryl gave her protection. I don't doubt it would have progressed to something else, though. Not to sound weird, but you have to put in perspective this is after basically the entire population is dead and the few people still alive aren't exactly friendly. Getting close to anyone (if you know what I mean) is a rarity, so they probably would have taken advantage of the situation.

14. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I think "legal" flew out the window once the apocalypse began.

That said, I don't think the writers were hinting at anything more than a very close personal bond between the two, to show that Daryl felt secure enough to open his heart to someone else and trust again. But...meh...who knows?

15. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

Daryl doesnt act like hes even 30 in the show. Saying hes her dad is silly. Hes not that old.

16. Caryl

Caryl Member

Beth is 17 or 18, NR is 45 and could pass for 35-45. Split the difference and call him 40. Which he totally looks with his graying facial hair that doesn't match the obviously dyed hair on his head. Merle clearly looked early 50's. To have a brother 20 years younger is a bit of a stretch esp since they were so close and hung out a lot together. Their age differences make it not even a brother/sister thing. It's surrogate father/uncle niece thing.

A 30 yr old and 50 year old I'm fine with. I dated a 52 yr old for a few months when I was 24. Although I was buzzed when I met him, math is hard, and he told me his birth date and I miscalculated and thought he was 45, lol. Anyways! 40 and 17 or 18? I just can't get down with that. It's not even the direction the show's going in anyway IMO.

17. Zombie Guts

Zombie Guts Member

People are really obsessed with this age thing. Its funny watching people take our society and impose it on an apocalyptic world. Less people, faster maturity, etc. Their age doesnt bother me. BUT I do not think it is going to go that way. I think they were bonding and he viewed her as rescuing him from depression and dark thoughts. She was giving him purpose again. He may be developing romantic feelings or he may just have been emtoionally bonding to her in other ways. I think people are jumping the gun.

18. Caryl

Caryl Member

The reason people are so "obsessed" with it is that Beth is so young. She was introduced to the show as a kid, a teenager. And still is. If she was mid 20's it wouldn't be near as big of a deal.

19. Rain

Rain Member

Many of the reviews of this episode have picked up on the fact there seemed to be something blossoming... Not one of the reviews mentioned age. Honestly, I think this age thing is a problem for a minority. The casual viewer really doesn't care, as long as it's not downright creepy e.g. Humbert Humbert and Lolita. Tbh, I still have to understand what gives people the right to judge other people's relationship in general, if you're over the age of consent and two people are happy and good for each other, who gives you the right to be all holier-than-thou?

Ultimately it's also fiction, and there are only few people left in the world. I don't think many of these characters are in the situation to say "oh you know what, I found someone I really like but he's too old, I'll just look for a more age appropriate partner, after all there are so many fishes in the sea!" Please.

20. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

In the ZA the age difference isn't a big deal.

Heck, just look at society a few generations ago. Look at many other countries.

The age thing is a luxury afforded by affluence and stability in society.