Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Jon Snow, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think he feels liberated in some way too because his life revolved around Chuck for so long. It's almost like a kid who leaves home for the first time and now they're going to do whatever the hell they want.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think she'll die. I think she betrays him in some way (or he perceives betrayal).

• Like Like x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

THAT would be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PepperAnn

Stace! *waves*

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

cast talking about season four

6. Stealth

It would make sense because Vince Gilligan said that they are going to also eventually explore the post Breaking Bad universe, and many of the current players in BCS will die in Breaking Bad. So if they want a compelling story Kim is going to have to be a part of that. I could also see them bringing Aaron Paul back at some point toward the end of the series.

7. PepperAnn

My head just exploded.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Do you think so? I don't know, I feel like her story is with Jimmy. I kind of sense that BCS will be her complete arc, whether she dies or not. Time will tell though. Unless the post BB show deals with Cinnabon Jimmy lol. That's great news though if he actually confirmed there will eventually be a post BB spin off. The last I heard he just said "possibly, you never know". Did he make a more definitive statement?

9. Stealth

From what I understand it would all be included within the BCS series. Gilligan said that the pre-Breaking Bad era has a "finite story" but that there's ground afterwards for them to cover. This was all from an interview he gave over one year ago in the lead up to last season. What I was left with after seeing it was the feeling he'd cover a season or two in the post BB world but as an end to Saul's story. I don't think they're doing another spinoff.

That's why I feel if they're going to spend time there we'll have to see some sort of reunion with Kim since everyone else will be dead. The really tricky aspect though is to make that full jump since we're not going to have all the intervening BB years. I think most everyone watching BCS was a BB fan but it's still an awkward transition.

10. PepperAnn

It makes sense for there to be some post BB stuff. We can't have a prequel, glimpses into Cinnabon World....and no conclusion to where Jimmy/Saul ends.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lindigo

12. PepperAnn

13. Lindigo

I'm impressed you sort of recognized him! Out of his very long filmograpy, the only things I have ever seen are Criminal Minds, Die Hard 2, and The Untouchables. So, not surprisingly, I still don't recognize him, but I thought it would be good to put his picture up in case we see him again. Seems Gene was just being paranoid, though. ?

One person in the NYT comments thought the ditzy receptionist might have been putting on an act to keep him there until the cab driver was ready to pick him up. But I thought Gene had called for a cab, so that's probably wrong.

14. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

The cab driver certainly seemed suspicious. And not very talkative.

15. Lindigo

Yes! You at least make a noise if you are a cab driver and someone tells you the light has changed. Or if someone says Pull over, you say Okay. o_O

16. PepperAnn

He's one of those actors I have seen all over the place. And he has distinct eyes. So that's why for me.

And I don't think he's being paranoid.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Neuropyramidal

1.77 million for last week's episode. If it says right around this level, it is basically holding on to the fanbase it had for last season, which would be good :).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Episode 2, the one airing tonight, currently has a 9.9 rating on IMDb. We’ll see if that holds. [​IMG]

19. Stealth

Good episode. I'm really enjoying getting a more detailed look at Gus Fring's entire operation. The scene with Lydia and Mike was great, and then having Gus just shoot her down when she protested what Mike was doing.

Kim's role is intriguing because I thought last week she was turned off by Jimmy's comment to Howard, but in episode 2 we found out she is fiercely loyal to him. I'm unsure what they're going to do with her at this point, and that's good since we know the eventual fate of most of the people in the series.

They've also done a nice job developing Nacho into an empathetic character.

20. Neuropyramidal

Just watched Monday's episode. Best this season I think so far.

A few things: I bet Saul's original plan is to buy out Ira [the burglar, and future boss of Vamonos Pests] for his half of the profit, using his inheritance, and then give the figurine to Irene. I don't know if that's what will happen, but I bet we will learn that is his plan.

I'm imaging David Costabile practicing singing Gale's period table song over and over for weeks on his back patio, lol.

I like the contrast between Kim's emotion and Jimmy's flippancy while he read Chuck's letter.

• Like Like x 2