Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Better Call Saul?

Discussion in 'Breaking Bad' started by Bassman, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

With Breaking Bad coming to an end in only a few months(sad face), there are reports that creator Vince Gilligan and AMC may be working on a spin-off series for everyone's favorite lawyer, Saul Goodman.

http://www.examiner.com/article/breaking-bad-spinoff-show-for-saul-goodman-development

I would never expect it to be as good as Breaking Bad, which is one of the best series of ALL TIME, but I love the character of Saul and it could be fun. Definitely better than the reality bullsh*t AMC is pushing these days...

2. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Interesting. I guess they want to keep breaking Bad fans fresh with content. Wouldn't be surprised if AMC actually cooked up a Daryl spin off series as well.

3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Saul is awesome. One of the many reasons why that show is so great, is because they cast the right people for the roles they play on that show. None of the characters are annoying either.... Well 'cept for Marie. And I don't blame Betsy Brandt for that. She's a good actress. I think her character is supposed to bug the living shit out of fans. lol.

Anyway, a Saul spin-off would have endless possibilities because we all know that a "quality" strip mall lawyer like Saul Goodman is up to his elbows in deals, cover-ups, schemes, etc, with just about any shady cat who crosses his path.

4. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

What's funny about Marie because she represents the annoying aunt/sister/in-law in the family. And I'm sure every family has one.

5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't fault the character or the actress for it, but Marie really pisses me off. I guess that's a compliment in sort of a weird way.

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Even though she can be a b*tch like Skyler, I think the best thing about Marie, like Skyler, is that they gave her a fault....

*Seasons 1-4 Spoilers!*

Marie stole things and Skylar cheated and allowed/helped Walt to continue his enterprise. IMO, that's what makes the characters of BB great. They all have their faults, just like everyone.

7. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I remember when I first watched the show and they started with the Marie stealing angle. I remember thinking "Is EVERYONE on this show completely ****ed up?"

Even Walt Jr./Flynn has his faults to a degree. He treats his mom like shit, but for good reason sometimes.

8. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

They should try and get it on a better channel.

9. Goodfellas

Goodfellas Active Member

i saw this earlier,i think it would be a great show,not as good as BB though but still.

10. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Holy sh*t.

11. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

I think it's a great idea. As long as Vince Gilligan is in charge, I think it will be good. Plus it's better than whatever AMC puts on the air these days.

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

13. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

14. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

15. apiratesaysarrr

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea? Don't get me wrong, I love Saul. . . but maybe making the spinoff is a little cheesy, I think. I mean, dude is cool in small doses, don't know if I want an entire show dedicated to him. I won't give it a chance unless I hear it's really good, honestly. YUP. Already shot it down as a possibility of me watching it. I rolled my eyes when I saw this a couple of months ago.

16. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it a show with Saul as the main guy would likely turn into a sitcom. Still pumped for it though haha

17. apiratesaysarrr

I've been assuming that this wasn't meant to be a drama by any means. I'm sure it's more like dark comedy, I'd imagine. Which I appreciate, but I'll wait to hear the reviews from people I trust before I even give it a shot. Sounds just like another way for AMC to make money. The funny parts of Breaking Bad were pretty good though, I must say. There were a lot more of them in S1 and S2, then shit got DEEP and nothing was funny really anymore, which was fine. Excellent show. So maybe the Saul show will be worth a watch.

18. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Hehe 'deep' ;)

I will be watching Better Call Saul for sure so I can let you know what I think about it :)

19. apiratesaysarrr

You know I said that particularly for you, right? Hahaha. Well right, let me know what number you'd rank it and I'll base my decision to watch it on that. MAYBE, depends on what the shows above it are. . .

20. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

There have been quite a few fantastic jokes in Season Five. Last week's episode had some of the best laughs of the entire run of the show.