Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Better Call Saul?

Discussion in 'Breaking Bad' started by Bassman, Apr 9, 2013.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Or maybe they're only *saying* it's a prequel right now, and then once BB is over they can admit it isn't?

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It's certainly possible it could take place after the events of BB, but I doubt it. As they've said many times, Saul believed Walt was the Goose that laid the golden egg, so if he makes it past the events of BB he now knows that "the life" is more trouble than it's worth and he may want to get out of it.

3. MrNonsensical

MrNonsensical Well-Known Member

It's a prequel. Saul won't have a happy ending. He either gets arrested, quits the job or dies.

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I love the idea of a prequel, can you imagine the stories this character has before he got to the point he's at now !

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

*ALREADY AIRED SEASON FIVE SPOILERS*

I dunno. As of now he really has no ties to Walt's empire other than Huell. And I doubt Hank will even care enough to go after him because there's no real proof other than Huell's confession to transporting the money. Saul doesn't have any of Walt's money, Mike is gone, and Walt's basically on his own now. The way things are going now and with only three episodes left, I could see Saul walking away unscathed.

That being said, I still think this new spinoff show will be a prequel.

6. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Bob Odenkirk with a better wig this time.

7. MrNonsensical

Well, it's a prequel simply because that has been confirmed.

I love current Saul even more though. He's more gritty and menacing somehow, but he still has those awesome one-liners.

8. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It most likely is a prequel, but just because they say it now doesn't mean it's 100%. Could be a diversion. For example, the creators and studio confirmed that Benedict Cumberbatch was ABSOLUTELY NOT Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness. :Grin:

Again, I believe it will be a prequel, but just playing Devil's Advocate there's a chance it could be misdirection by AMC/Gilligan.

9. MrNonsensical

True that. I believe them though, simply because 'old goofy' Saul won't exist anymore after BB ends. He's already grown more serious and paranoid, and probably won't fit into the series they've planned for him.

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

AMC and Sony Pictures Television confirmed today that they have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff of Vince Gilligan’s landmark AMC/Sony Pictures Television series Breaking Bad. As conceived, the new series is based on the show’s popular Saul Goodman character with the working title Better Call Saul. Plans call for Saul to be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/09/11/breaking-bad-spinoff-better-call-saul-confirmed

11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I like the idea more knowing it could be a prequel...it'll be fun to watch knowing it happened before Walt broke bad. Maybe when Saul is out driving around we'll see a light green Aztec pass by or a red Monte Carlo. ;-P

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

#52 H5N1, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  13. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! It would be great if Cranston and Paul decide to appear in the spin-off.

Love the part when VG said: "Part of me doesn't want to say no to this world."

14. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think they will..

The new show is keeping all the same crew, same location. I think they'll revisit those characters..

15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they're still going through with this because Bob Odenkirk has that new sketch comedy series on the IFC network. Maybe he's able to do both.

*Edit*- This is more of an "off-topic" remark, but I had to point it out.... Hey Stace, I read your link to that article and I noticed toward the bottom that CBS is moving forward with a previously rejected script that Gilligan made over a decade ago called Battle Creek. And it's another freaking cop drama! Ugh!

#55 Jama, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Another cop drama.. sigh..

17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Right now, I'm absolutely done with cop drama and medical drama. I give Grimm and Sleepy Hollow a pass because even though both of those shows have main characters in law enforcement, the shows themselves aren't really about "cop drama".

I want more shows like Breaking Bad and Saul's possible spin off, or The Walking Dead. Something that's just completely out of the norm. Under the Dome is great. Revolution is turning into a pretty watchable show. I might give Mob City a chance because they (being Hollywood) haven't overdone mobster shows like the have cop/medical shows.

I'm still waiting for my television drama about the cut-throat world of flower delivery services. LMAO

18. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

What the hell? Battle Creek sounded like a civil war TV show just by the name.

19. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member