Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Big Fuss Over Abortion

Discussion in 'Episode 206 - Secrets' started by Jakobi, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

There is a big fuss about the abortion portion of the show. People are upset because those pills are supposed to be used within days of unprotected sex, but in this case it was weeks. In all that it may give people the wrong idea.

Are people taking this too serious?

Abortion News

2. shannon28

shannon28 Member

Abortion is a hot button issue. I think people get so worked up defending their moral issues they forget it's a tv show. Who's to say someone in Lori's situation wouldn't have tried those pills anyway? She wasn't prescribed them by a doctor. They were taken from a pharmacy by regular people.

3. Newly Infected

Newly Infected New Member

I personally think it's silly to get all worked up over something like this... even if it were a real situation, those pills would only prevent implantation of a fertilized egg, they would not work to terminate a pregnancy. I haven't heard any hullabaloo, but if it's happening, think this is much ado about nothing.

4. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I think when watching this show some people take it too literally. It has been said that the group doesn't know what zombies are, they had no zombie movies, no zombies in pop culture or anything like that which is part of the reason they call them walkers and geeks. That being said, maybe Lori, never having to use said pill, didn't know how or if the pills would work. That is what I am getting from the episode. Also I don't think it was even about abortion so much as it was about not bringing a new life into this horrible world. When Carl said to Lori "Maybe their (the baby chicks) mother is dead.....everything is food for something else." It seemed like it really effected her. She doesn't want Carl or the new baby to have only bad memories and fear. I also think with as religious as Hershel is, that would be Maggie's first (maybe only) thought. She hasn't truly seen how bad it is out there so she wouldn't understand why Lori wouldn't want to subject a newborn to that.

5. Lucky

Lucky Member

I've seen a lot of talk about this too. Some are saying the show is taking a stance on the issue. I don't think that's the case at all, it is just showing how someone could realistically react to news of a pregnancy in the zombie apocalypse.

6. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

lol.....

I hate the media.

Sorry, but it's just not a big deal. Not on a television show.

7. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

I think it is just part of show and what she is doing in the situation she is in. Take the pills because the world is unsafe and crazy because of walkers and the survival of the baby. Or don't take them and think of the baby as a blessing and knew beginning - hope for the future.

8. RicksGal44

RicksGal44 Member

It was too late for her to tak ethose pills i believe so she could of done more harm to the baby with birth defects or something. Either way she is done for.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

She doesn't seem to make the best decsions while under stress.

10. Nemo Nemoque

Nemo Nemoque Member

It is obvious that it is a moral problem for Lori. She told Rick that she didn't tell him about abortion because she didn't want it on his conscience. Her concern was for the safety of others. What happens if the baby cries and draws the zombies? She was also dealing with the moral issue of the baby's life in this world. Is it morally right to bring a baby into the harsh and brutal world? But this is the problem with moral relativism or situational ethics. For someone that believes moral absolutes, many of these issues could be resolved with far less angst.

11. NameTaker

NameTaker Member

Lori and Shane should have looted some condoms.

12. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

You clearly don't understand what taking birth control while pregnant does...