Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Biggest disappointment of the whole series!

Discussion in 'Episode 309 - The Suicide King' started by Relay, Feb 2, 2013.

1. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

Split between the loss of Dale (and the RV) and the loss of Lori. I think both were taken too early.

2. Dennis00Castro

Those ideas are all well in good when you're sitting in the comfort of your home and you can camly sit and take the time to think rationally.

These people are not expert survivalists. They are not Seal Team Six. They are mostly average everyday people. These people have been thrust into a situation that would test even the most expert survivalist.

Average people in this situation are not always going to make good decisions. Think about the stress, the horrors, the physical and mental toll they have experienced. In some cases like Rick it my be almost impossible to make a rational decision. Somtimes there is no clear cut right choice. If they always made the right choices then it would be a pretty boring show.

People under extreme stress and torment making questionable choices and having to deal with the consequences is what adds to drama and the conflict. It's what makes it entertaining.

3. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Agree with you 1000% re Darabont. I hated Dale, though (for being an old busy-body gossip hating on Shane). I was hoping he would get eaten --- but, when it happened, didn't like seeing him suffer so much. (Errr -- how can I feel guilty for having bad thoughts about a fictional character?) Well, since I'm ragging on the old guys, I thought Hershel really misled Rick as well and he was on my "Walker Chow" list. He's not so bad now, but I'm not sure I've forgiven him.

4. Dead man walking

I'm probably going to even confuse myself here - I would say the loss of Shane. I didn't like the 3 way love triangle but I enjoyed his going nuts and the 'finale' of Rick offing him. However I would have also like to have seen Shane as a decent guy and not losing it. I believe (taking aside his going a little nuts) he actually did a decent job most of the time in helping the group survive. So I would like to see a 'parallel' Shane character, but I gues one would need a parralel universe for that..
    Lori went to soon in my opinion too, would have liked to have seen her redeem herself.
    Dale - don't care, it was a shock at the time but can't say i miss what he brought to the table.

Andrea should go next - so then I guess my biggest disappointment would actually be that she has still survived. Every scene she is in these days i fast forward through - can't be doing with it and I know i don't miss anything of value.

5. Bhante

Bhante Member

So what you are saying is that the show only works when the survivors are stupid and never able to think or learn. That works for teenage campers who inevitably always go in the water or up into the attic or end up alone in the dark. All I have said is someone at some point has to have an actual idea about how to survive beyond rushing from one emergency to another.

6. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

I think Maggie is going to be the comic book Andrea of the TV series.

7. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Rick never telling his family about Wayne Dunlap and the contents of his wallet!

8. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

I sure hope this is sarcasm you are showing......:zombies_shocked:

9. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

no sarcasm at all. I think it should have happened during the herd scene when they were under the cars. Rick whispering "hey guys, I know this is a bad time, but I really need to let you know about Wayne Dunlap!"

10. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Um, sure I suppose. :zombies_confused:

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

The main thing is that you sitting at your computer can think of those things. Even I (with little survival skills) can easily think of those while i'm sitting here. But if you suddenly end up in a destroyed world with no resources, everyone you know dead, and zombies killing anything and everything you will go against what you think and will end up making many of the same mistakes. Plans are all well and good until chaos hits and they fall apart.

12. Dennis00Castro

It's obvious that they have learned and gotten some things right from the opening scenes of season three.

They have learned how to map out the migration. patterns of the Walkers and stay one step ahead of them.

They have learned how to approach abandoned structures and houses.

They have learned that staying in some sort of formation while fighting off Walkers is safer and effective.

They made their own silencers.

Although the time frame is vague it's only been at least 9-10 months since the the event took place. When you are talking about everyday people mostly civilians with or little military or survivalist skills there is going to be a huge learning curve. Mix in having to spend much time reacting to threats(Walkers, other groups, hunger, dehydration, other unforeseen forces) it doesn't leave a lot of time for calm rational thought. They are still in a learning process. To expect them to have everything figured out in the time frame given is a bit of a stretch.

There have been many debates, discussions and conflicts about the right thing to do.

Whether or not to head to Fort Benning or the CDC.

Whether or not to go back for Merle and the guns.

How long to look for Sophia.

Whether or not to kill the kid from the other group.

Rick and Herschel discussing whether or not to wait to see if the rest of the group after the loss of the farm would meet back on the highway.

In this situation any decisions, right or wrong, calm and rational or hasty and irrational are going to have both positive and negative ripple effects and are not clear cut one way or the other. The consequences of those decisions both good or poor are what create the drama and the conflict. Thus making it entertaining to watch.

Everyone has a plan until they get punced in the face.

13. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

Yeah she should have set her loose so she would have killed him. Easier fight than what happened.

14. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ugh, my disappointment also..

I read what Darabont was planning for season 2, really disappointing it wasn't to be..