Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bloodworth Island

Discussion in 'Episode 1008 - The World Before' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

There is nothing there except a nineteenth century cemetery and a radio tower that fell over sometime around parachute pants.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

On the surface it may seem like a good place to hide out but due to the live ammo that is still present on the island, and the fact that the island is being inundated by rising sea levels it seems like a very unsafe and unsustainable place to want to keep your family. I think Virgil would be better off taking his family to Oceanside or one of the other communities if he turns out to be on the up and up.

http://www.dcmilitary.com/tester/ne...cle_c28f5618-333a-52a8-a80c-34c03d3a7216.html

https://www.dcmilitary.com/tester/n...cle_65723c1c-854d-5efd-a5a8-ab49b3cf7470.html

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Did Virgil explain how he got to Oceanside in the first place? It's implied that he used a boat that was probably destroyed, which is why he was looking for a new one. But I don't remember if he actually stated that or not.

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I think all we know is that he was foraging, not how he got to Oceanside.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

No. And it begs the question of how big is group his. If he comes from a community it really makes no sense he would leave the island all alone for supplies. So either its a very small group, just his family maybe, or its a bigger group and he left the island with other people who then were killed, OR it will turn out to be a bigger group and really not make much sense that he left alone lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The way Virgil presented it, he gave the vibe that he was part of a larger group. Maybe there were others that were on the expedition and they were killed. He could've also lied to make it seem like he was part of a larger group so that they'd help him get back. Michonne might find he has very little to offer them.

My feeling at this point is that it's at least a decent sized community. It makes a lot of sense to to have an island as your base of operations. That's what I'd want in that world. It eliminates the threats from hordes of walkers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I feel that's the last Michonne sees of Judith or RJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

It could also be a larger community which uses that island as one of their outposts and Virgil is just one of the satellite members and that outpost job is to supply sushi grade fish to the larger communities lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It didn't feel like a goodbye scene though with Judith. They didn't work any foreshadowing in and they didn't add too much emotion to her leaving. So I'm going to go with her having at least one more scene with them.

They're using the island to explain away her absence in a number of critical scenes we have coming up. They probably filmed a bunch of stuff with Michonne over a short period of time and will spread that out in different episodes, to show what's going on with Virgil.

I think she'll return toward the end of the Whisperer war, which I bet will wrap up in episode 15. Then we'll have 16 mostly for Michonne's departure.

What if Jadis is on the island with Virgil and tells Michonne Rick survived? And she says the helicopter people took him, but not her. Then after the end of the war Michonne sets out to find him. That's where I think this is leading, her going out to find Rick.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Funny because I was telling @zombiemom62 last night that I totally felt that was the last goodbye between Michonne and Judith. Hmmmmm.....

12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm curious about the group as well. I honestly felt that it was just Virgil and his family, which could be more than just a wife and child. I just figured if it's a larger group would he even have the authority to promise Michonne all these weapons?

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

In the trailer for 10B there is a shot of a lone RV in middle of a field. I was wondering if that was a shot of the island and the place that Virgil and his family stay. It occurred to me in that moment that maybe if this place is so damn difficult to find that it is just Virgil and his family. Perhaps he was stationed at this base during the outbreak and over the course of these many years he and his family, perhaps a few other survivors, are all that is left on the island. Or if the base was no longer operational maybe he had, in the past, been stationed there prior to its shut down.

Just thinking "out loud"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

With a high degree of respect and in all friendliness: how the Hell you gonna get an RV to an isolated island?

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I did not say that Virgil drove the damn thing to the island.
    It is an OLD RV. Could have been left there from before the world turning. Maybe it is a construction trailer of some type and was there on base being used as an office. Maybe it was brought over on a ferry before the world went to shite . With a high degree of respect and in all friendliness.....
    [​IMG]

And for all of the youngsters who have no idea who Judy Tenuta is I give you context for my above gif......

#15 Dnae, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Driven there before the bridge was blown up.

Same bridge Rick blew up before his helicopter rescue :eek::eek::eek: :confused:

17. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Friendliest I've ever been bitten.
    Virgil said the island was fortified. I envisioned something like Drum Island or Castle Island or a few others. Maybe a volcano shaped like a skull.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

True, it didn't feel like a goodbye scene, but my gut tells me that was intentional. So it wouldn't be so obvious to the audience, and also so they can play up the angle of "I wish I had a chance to have a real goodbye, and say all the things I wanted to say" later on. They are slowly and systematically removing Michonne from the main picture. First from ASZ/Hilltop, and now from Judith. To me it would seem odd for them to do all that, just to have her come back again, and THEN disappear. I think that was goodbye. Only my hunch.

My guess for Michonne's departure is 1012.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I think so too. It wasn’t meant to be a goodbye-goodbye but it will have to do as one, because they won’t get a chance for another. The “be good for uncle Daryl” sounded a bit too final... :(

20. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

What is a "real goodbye" anyways?

Was Sophia coming out of the barn a real goodbye or was Rick telling her he would come back for her the real real goodbye?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1