Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Blue Paint

Discussion in 'Episode 812 - The Key' started by Black Panther, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Member

Is there any signifigance to the blue paint that both Simon and Rick stepped in when visiting the Heapsters? At first I thought it was being setup where Simon, Rick, and Negan would wind up together in some scenario and Simon would try to use that to his advantage by blaming the deaths on Rick and the two ended up fighting, landing in the blue paint.

Now I don't see that, since Rick told him what went down. Negan went, "Goddammit..." He probably knows it's more than likely the truth, judging by his reaction.

So what was the point of the blue paint?

#1 Black Panther, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  2. Benzel

Benzel Member

The segments were played out of sequence. When Rick gets there we see the paint on the floor, then we move over to the Simon segment and we see how it got there. Then we move back to Rick and Michonne to see the aftermath.

That's it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think this is the answer. They were just showing us the aftermath first, and the event second, as a way to tie in the continuity.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I was wondering if there was a connection between Carl and Judith making handprints with blue paint and Rick/Simon stepping in blue paint or if it’s just a coincidence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's how I see it too. The same way the crushed grapes were used in s4. Daryl and Beth come across some smashed grapes on the ground, then the next episode we see Lizzie bring Carol the grapes and they get dropped and stepped on. It was just used to show the chronological order of the episodes and show they were on the same track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sully

Sully Active Member

I also think it was used as more of a figurative symbol of Simon's betrayal. How he looks at his boot when lying to Negan.

But it was never meant to be more than just those scenes I don't think.

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

If they really wanted continuity, they could default to editing in chronological order. Just sayin'. :rolleyes::mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Now let's not all crazy!! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I did too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It does seem like a cheap story telling device, trying too hard to be clever.

Full disclosure, I actually enjoy it. Jumping around in the timeline is fun. Sort of like, in the past, when they would use the pre-credit opener to flash back and tell a part of the story from earlier episodes.

It's how the pilot was edited so it's almost like a twd tradition.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes, in the pilot it was a good way to tell the story. We were seeing what was happening through Rick's experience, and he was all WTH???

• Like Like x 1