Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bob? Would you feel safe with him?

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Toothpick, Mar 11, 2014.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Did he go for his gun when Darryl tried to take his bottle away ? I cant remember exactly. Anyway he has been acting reliable and helpful after that.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

This. He knocked it down when he was putting it back anyway so he actually chose to get over his alcohol troubles and I don't think he's been drunk at all since then. Even Daryl forgave him for it. Bob doesn't have anything that suggests malicious intent yet imo.

3. Roray

Roray Member

I don't think I'd trust anyone during any sort of outbreak, especially a zombies one. Even with my family and friends, I mean, look at Shane in the TV show, he turned into Satan because of the outbreak. I wouldn't make an exception for Bob.

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Lesson learned: NEVER put wine back on the shelf...always take it.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Or put it back empty. It weighs less that way.

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Alcoholism saves lives.

7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

it's so nice that they include these public service messages in TWD...they don't have to do that.

8. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I have no qualms with Bob, as long as he wasn't loaded. He seems like a stand-up kinda of guy. Since he was new to the prison, he really didn't lose anyone, when it fell. He really has nothing to gain by tagging along with Maggie or Sasha. He could have easily struck out on his own, he's done it before. Bob chose to stay & managed to be a positive motivator to Sasha and an ally for Maggie, on her quest for Glenn. I think he's doing it b/c he wants and needs a "family" and not for any malevolent reasons.

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

So many inspiring messages. "Why hurt yourself when you can hurt others?" It really goes right to the heart.

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I like Bob. seems like a pretty sincere harmless guy.. Lawrence Galliard is a fine actor with a very unique acting style that is fun to watch.. I hope he sticks.

11. thewalkingmummy

I'd feel safer with one of the girls to protect me (ie Maggie or Sasha) than with Bob. And I stil think its strange he was willing to leave Sasha alone to chase after Maggie (especially after kissing her). That just doesn't make any sense at all which makes his motives a bit unclear.

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Too many things about this last episode did not make sense...

13. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Do I know he is an alcoholic or not? If I do, no I would not trust him. If not, yeah, I probably would. Prior to Alone, I probably would not have. But I liked his attitude and got where he was coming from.

14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I think Bob had an Epiphany. He sure did change my view on him this last episode. I hope he doesn't let me down.

15. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Is that why he kissed Sasha ... to see if she was tasty enough to cook?

16. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I never got the whole Bob is horrible and suspicious thing. He's flawed, obviously, but they all are.

And he did not get Beth's boyfriend killed. He picked up a bottle and set it back down. That's it. How would anyone think that was going to cause a helicopter - and a bunch of walkers - fall through the roof? He wasn't even doing anything dangerous.

17. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

It seems like Bob was tired of giving up. And I think in his mind, letting Maggie go is giving up again. Right before he bounced he says this...

BOB: "I don't care, she's alone. When I got to the prison, I thought to myself, how long? The clock's ticking, how long till everyone else is dead and I'm on my own. Bad things happened, cause I was scared. They didn't need to. I didn't need to be afraid. Now if we get to Terminus and Tyreese isn't there, it doesn't mean he's dead. You don't need to be afraid."

That's what he tells Sasha. Now Sasha says she isn't afraid, but then as we all know she admits it later. I could be wrong, but Maggie isn't giving up. Sasha kind of was. I think the reason why the writers put the kiss there is to show us how committed Bob actually is, the complete opposite of the flashback Bob. He didn't want to give up, he's ready to take more of a command over his life and help fight for the group.

Oh and ps, I'd totally chill with Bob. Sure, he's got some problems, but who doesn't in the ZA. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters!

#37 TyberiusFox, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  18. len112

len112 Member

For the first time , i'm sensing that there might be something off with Sasha. Her reluctance to search for the others including Tyrese makes me look differently at the Karen and David situation and she kind of does have a motive , also it's plausible that Carol may take the fall for her .

19. batongal

batongal Active Member

I don't know what to make of Bob. I like him but, it doesn't matter who you are? really? Then he believes it doesn't matter who he is either. So what do we know of him? Why does he have an almost sinister grin as they pull away in the truck. Could be my imagination but I need to know more about him and what was he hiding in that box before the prison fell?

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Interesting?

We also know now that Sasha is a Firefighter and I can sure see this as a clue with those bodies being burned.
    I am not sure why else that would matter and why that little tidbit was revealed if not for something like this?

Hmmmmm?