Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Body tied to the tree...chopped up body....take 2

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by gavuk, Mar 24, 2015.

1. gavuk

gavuk Member

When Darryl and Aaron found the chopped up body (after seeing the light n the distance) and then the woman tied to the tree two things struck me

1) the chopped body didn't have a head (i think but could be wrong)
    2) the tree woman had been mawled ie stomach and entrails opened up a bit but certainly not eaten (think of the walkers attacking Noah or Dale or even Ricks horse -there was no evidence of that level of attack) Had she been opened up by the living to attract walkers but they hadn't got there yet?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I doubt it. These W people seem to be collecting walker torsos. So maybe they tied her to the tree, and when some walkers came to eat her, they let them attack her, but then rounded them up and took them somewhere where they could dismember them and take their torsos. So they stopped the walkers before they could eat her more fully. It wouldn't make much sense to gut someone in order to attract walkers, because not long after they were gutted and died, they would no longer be appealing to walkers.

#2 Neuropyramidal, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  3. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

1) You are correct - no head, just arms and legs.
    2) Interesting idea! So the baddies opened her up to attract walkers. Saves having to hunt through the forest for walkers - just put out some live bait and wait for them to come.

4. Neuropyramidal

But then she'd be dead, and walkers aren't attracted to dead people very long.

5. halcyon

halcyon Member

Interesting theory on the second point, but I'm not sure. I think it was just some kind of sick punishment. Perhaps she walked in on Carol stealing guns.

6. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

That's true. Might as well leave her alive as that would give you more time for her to act as bait. But maybe they wanted to "punish" her for something and wanted the pleasure of doing it themselves (and I assume they would enjoy something like that since they seem to enjoy carving up their people [prisoners/slaves?]).

7. Neuropyramidal

Her wide open entrails were suppose to be the work of walkers, I think.

8. diordior

diordior Active Member

I don't think walkers got to her. They would have bitten her around the neck and shoulders first. I think she was killed in that manner as a punishment. I don't think they're collecting walker torsos? Wasn't this the first chopped up body we've seen since Virginia?

9. Neuropyramidal

They are collecting walker torsos. That's why we saw a truck full of walker torsos with W's on their heads.

10. diordior

diordior Active Member

Yeah I just looked it up and completely forgot those torsos had W's on their heads. How weird. Maybe they're collecting them for future museums?

11. Neuropyramidal

My thought was that they might place the torses around the circumference of their camp, in order to mark their terrority, and perhaps to camouflage themselves against other walkers. But now that we see these people move around so much...I'm not sure of the reason..

12. FutureApocalyps

I think it was a horrific twisted punishment, but we will find out likely next season.

13. ancor288

ancor288 Member

Maybe she was a "toy" for some of these people and they got tired of her or had no use for her and just decided to kill her off. I have a hard time believing these people would carve Ws on the foreheads of the dead. More like they do it to the living, that's just what I think. Remember that scene with the car that had all of the heads with the W? I bet these were the people that lived in the compound that Noah's family was in. They probably killed these people, carved the Ws and then put them in that car. Sick and twisted.

(just a theory I had for a while now)

14. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

What doesn't make sense is Aaron and Daryl see the light from the camp at night, but don't hear someone get dismembered and another tied to a tree and tortured.

15. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

maybe they have put something in the persons mouth to keep them quiet it would keep walkers from coming but then again they put w's on walker heads and the screaming would help get walkers

16. Tomzed

Tomzed New Member

This is an interesting scene and I really hope the writers put as much thought into it as the viewers seem to. Ok so-

1. A bunch of dismembered limbs lying around indicating people or walkers killed and delimbed to result in a torso with a head but no arms or legs.

2. About a dozen yards from this area the woman is tied to the tree. Now the first question I have about this is IS SHE ALREADY TURNED when Daryl finds her or had she turned at some point before this? I got the impression that a living woman was tied to a tree, grievously injured, and left to die. She died before Daryl found her, but Daryl found her before she turned. So she could not have been dead for long.

3. She has a W carved into her forehead. She is disemboweled. She is naked. She is tied to a tree.

It makes sense to me that she was tied there, alive and gutted, to attract walkers. Yes she was dead before too long and dead folks don't attract walkers much. But it is quite possible that enough would be attracted to fill the purpose of whoever wanted them there in the first place. She was apparently fresh/not long dead.

An interesting mystery.

17. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

I dont think they systematically make them torsos, we saw a lot W zombies who still had their legs.
    And i dont believe that a bunch of unleashed walkers would only eat the belly. Maybe they just used a zombie head as a chewing tool. Or dogs ?
    I just hope the woman wasnt pregnant

18. Neuropyramidal

Well, they definitely systematically make at least some of their victims torsos, because we saw an entire truck full of W walker torsos. As for why they leave some of them as full functioning walkers, that's anybody's guess.

19. gavuk

gavuk Member

Interesting indeed, pregnant wasn't something i considered and that gives a whole new and untra disturbing twist that i'm not sure TWD writers/producers would even enter........ but they might....who knows.....

20. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

The writers seem to leave these puzzles in lots of the episodes, the guy with the deer, had lots of people coming up with back stories.

Over the years, I have watched and awful lot of Quincy, ER and Scrubs so I like to think of myself as a medical expert, if they cut W's into the heads of the living, it would bleed more, my wealth of medical experience, says that the dead don't bleed.Most of the Ws look pretty clean.