Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bottom bunk

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by undeadchick, Nov 17, 2014.

1. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Am I the I only one who caught that reference of Carol saying the bottom is more Daryl's style? Not to mention that the bunk had pink, feminine sheets. And definitely no sexual or romantic tension between Carol and Daryl. They are a great team and have a great friendship, but this episode should make it clear that that is as far as it goes. They are best buds.

2. batongal

batongal Active Member

Haha yes I did notice that. I think she was inferring that Daryl had gone soft. At least that's how I took it.

3. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I thought that she meant he was a "power bottom"

4. Rezo

Rezo Member

I think she said that because the top bunk had plush toys sitting on it !

5. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

I think it probably has less meaning than we think. Funny tho

6. gavuk

gavuk Member

I thought it was a power thing, like siblings or best mates, you know the older wiser "brother/sister" gets first dibs on the bunks (and always picks top of course) Nothing sexual in it at all,

7. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I took it to mean that carol was calling daryl a big softie or she knows that

8. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I honestly thought she said that when she saw stuffed animals on the top bunk.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

She was totally establishing dominance.

10. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

I caught it and I thought it was funny. definitely thought it was a reference that he was maybe gay because there was a pink pillow and blue sheet on the bottom. Personally I think it's wrong if they say he's gay at this point because he always had major swag. he didn't strike me as the type. not that there is a gay type. but he came off as liking women imho.

11. Kimiko

Kimiko Member

Admittedly I didn't really pay attention to the bottom bunk line but thinking about it now, I believe that Carol was probably just having a little joke with Daryl about the girly bed sheets.

12. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I think so too, but it sounds more like an ad-lib than something a scriptwriter would come up with for a character who is not known for being homophobic.

13. Walker Caravan

Another nod to fandom?

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Yeah pretty sure she wanted to use a strap-on him and wasn't sure how else to say it

15. Jato

Jato Member

I think you guys are reading too much into it. She was just teasing the big tough guy lol

16. FISH

FISH Member

I agree she was just having a laugh at his expense, being a redneck mans man in his previous life the inclination that he would like girly bed sheets would provoke a reaction from him, although he seemed to tired to engage her.

17. WhiteCoat

WhiteCoat Member

I totally thought that when I heard that line too. I froze up and thought, "Really? Did they really just go there?" Especially when it was followed by Daryl's nervous kind of "Ha". I thought it was Carol's way of saying that she thought Daryl might be gay and didn't care.

Of course I'm totally bias so maybe I'm misreading the whole scene. Regardless of whether or not there was any deeper meaning behind Carol's jib, I agree that there relationship seems pretty much platonic at this point. The episode cemented that for me. If a relationship developed between them after this, there would have to be some new plot point that would spur it. Otherwise it would seem unnatural.

18. len112

len112 Member

It's 5 seasons in and Daryl hasn't kissed a girl yet , despite Carol earlier throwing herself at him and Daryl having the opportunity to take advantage of a drunken Beth . He never showed any interest in Andrea or Maggie and has been on runs with Michonne . I don't think it's impossible that Carol has started to work what kind of guy he is and still respect him.

19. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Then there's the high heels. Sounds like he's a Darlena in the body of a Daryl.

20. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Maybe it was a nod to Daryl's childhood where Merle was always on top, so that was more akin to Daryl's style.