Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Brat on the Wall

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by Jakobi, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Komodia

Komodia Member

When she said that about killing her dad for the crossbow, I was thinking "Andrea, you better make sure she is meaning in zombie form and not assume", the girl looked crazy and yeah she was trying way to hard to appear skill and tough. I think I would of just jumped over as well to kill that zombie with how long it was taking that girl, it was annoying, it was like "kill it already!".

2. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Yeah. But it was cool though to see Andrea's rage while killing that walker. Just like she had wanted to say: "Hey, I didn't kill any walkers for a long time... why not now?..."

3. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

yes i agree...but she acted stupid and could have caused dangers to the people of woodbury.
    i would have send her over to the kitchen or laundry team. not because she is a female, because she acts all R a m b o :p

#43 TheHiddenMan, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  4. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I think that she didn't acted stupid. I like tough women or maybe "women in action". Sometimes it's not bad to see a woman doing things like that in TWD. Why not more of that, lol?

5. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

well if u jugde the situation only...it was the wrong time and the wrong place to act like andrea did.

she should have grabbed the bow, send a well placed arrow into the eye of the walker and then hand the bow over to the brat.

6. F.A.S.H

F.A.S.H New Member

Why not just send her off with the Gov to procreate? C'mon man, the laundry....the kitchen.....have you been teleported from the 1930's? Take her off the wall....simple. And the fact that you have to back up that it's "not because she's female" clearly states the opposite.

7. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

no, it doesnt state the opposite. dont twist words of other people with ur mind.

i added that fact because i saw people here beeing so sensitive about "things" ;)

and i would send someone that causes potentially dangers for the group without no reason to other tasks yes.
    may it be kitchen, cleaning or teaching math and grammer. :)

8. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

Maybe the Gov knew she sucked and just wanted to find out how much of a badass Andrea was. He wanted to know what he was dealing with.

9. Vasp

Vasp New Member

she did hit both her arrows but if you just pay a little attention you see that the arrows are crap from overuse basicly no point left so they just bounced of th ewalkers head. She need to get some new arrows Shupert had some really good ones.

10. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Haley was hilarious that's about it.

11. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

yes that was a good joke like the one with the zombiegram..i ment bitergram

12. trinity

trinity Member

I seen the junk arrows as well.. good eye. Yet again Andrea can't be trusted with the most simple of tasks to keep her group safe . I was hoping she would of broke her ankle and got ate after she jumped off the wall.

It's like she is some hot headed teen boy, God Even Carl has somewhat grown up! Why can't Andrea?

Shooting a member of her group to show how bad ass and trust worthy she was with a gun last season, telling them she would keep a eye on Beth and then did not, throwing a hissy fit when Rick asked her to keep a eye on Shane and now breaking a simple rule that is a main part of her job this one? at least she is consistent.. I don't care about her sex life and can see why she wants to stay in the town, I would also when gave the reasons to leave by michonne that amounted to nothing. I will say Andrea is bad ass, but as a member of any group I would pass, I find her nothing but annoying and a danger to others.

13. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

I don't know about "a lot of skill" that's a very subjective claim.

However for an accomplished sharp shooter with a compound bow it should be really easy.. I know a target shooter (not olympic level) who fell a deer at 100 yards. he told me he had a great shot , took it, then immediately felt bad. (too long of a shot for a bow) he did hit deer in the vitals. he said he was so used to target shooting events he just mentally 'drew and x' on the deer and shot it.

Really You just need consistent form , put your feet in the same stance every time, hold the bow the same way every time, and pull back to the Exact same draw point (usually somewhere on your face)

then with a modern site , you line up your sights and fire. then you "chase the arrow" if your shot was low and to the right, you literally adjust your site down and to the right.

I have a #55 Hunting recurve which honestly is now too hard for me to Hold back to aim well.
    I also have a #25 cheap target recurve .. I duct tapped a metal twist tie to this bow, (its my sight) with a little practice I almost never miss a paper plate at 20 yards (head shot) , When i was weight lifting and in better shape, i could hit targets at 40 yards super consistently with my 55# . the 25# was a bit too weak and wind would really mess up your shots.

That was with me shooting a bow 1-2 hours per weekend, and only shooting maybe 8-10 weekends in a year (barely any practice) No one at the indoor ranged was impressed with my shooting. Course I don't know that i've ever seen anyone else using a re-curve at their range... but anyways.

now a compound bow is insanely easier to use. compounds have up to 80% let off. The chick was bragging about having a top end model. that means 80% left off. assuming its a 60 # bow , she's only holding back #12 ... OMFG the accuracy i would have only having to hold back 12 pounds, but my arrow flies from 60...

The Point :

I barely EVER shoot a bow
    when i go to a range i'm usually the worst shooter there
    I could hit a paper plate at 40 yards 8 out of 10 times
    there for that brat is either a horrible shot OR has no control over her nerves

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I hope we get to see her eaten by some weak zombie, but she is too lousy to get an on-screen death scene.

15. marsyao

marsyao Member

I re-watched this scene twice, it looks like that brat did not miss, both of her arrow hit that walker's forehead, but the arrows are worn out, so that both arrows bounced back from that walker's head

16. yangxai

yangxai Member

Wow good eye thanks for catching that; i guess she really was as good as she says she was. I wonder did the Governor give here those crappy arrows on purpose. Maybe he was setting Andrea up to give him an excuse to take her off wall duty. Man that governor guy may be evil; but damn i got to give him credit for being a Genius.

17. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

i wanna hit that thing, make her head ricochet off the headboard

18. ballincrazie

ballincrazie Member

yep that was weird

19. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

Had an old neighbor show me his compound bow...

I asked him what the draw weight was....he said 60lbs....

I'm 6'6"...240lbs...and I couldn't pull it back even a few inches!

20. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

As for the scene w/Andrea on the wall….this is my take:

Haley, or whatever her name is…may or may not have been a stellar sharp-shooter…but apparently, the distance she was trying to shot the walker from, there wasn’t enough ‘ummph’ in her arrows to do the job efficiently!

Andrea saw this, realized that after a few missed shots, whats-her-name is just wasting what little resources they have and just decided to show her that hand-to-hand combat isn’t as bad as it may sound and merely proved it!

Little miss tinker-bell didn’t like getting one-upped/out-done and simply ‘ratted’ out Andrea!

I think all these back-stories you guys are coming up with...are funny-as-hell! :)