Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bridge community

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Blueman, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

What do you think of the story behind the bridge community? That bridge has both ends blocked off by some big green containers. Where did those people originally living inside go now? It is unrealistic to assume they all gather behind the two dump trucks and they all got buried by an accident, unless they all wanted to commit suicide but then that is a very stupid way. If those buried walkers were walkers before their being buried, how did they enter into the bridge section?

I have not come up with an acceptable explanation yet. I am almost tempted to suggest that is a Wolves trap (similar to the one that got Aaron and Daryl) but there is no hint in that direction.

And what was that big pile of sand supposed to do? It cannot be used to form a road block as it is inside the blocked section. Any idea?

But I can make sense of one thing:t hose bullets are going to be retrieved by ASZ for the AOW.

Share your speculation.

#1 Blueman, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  2. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

They were Trolls who were upwardly mobile and moved out of the basement and headed to the bridge penthouse.

3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Might been an attempt at building some kind of wall of sand somehow, a ramp up to the blockade? Something happended! It do look like one of the sick "traps" or sinister "jokes" of the Wolves.

Question is, how did the Wolves survive so long without Negan squashing them? Cause they would probably attack him to. But that is off topic.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly? Heath and Tara entered the bridge from the green container end and so the RV they were in would be behind the green containers?
    The Amazons & Tara also entered from the container end I think so that would put the Amazon Colony and the Road from the Outpost roughly in the same direction but the sand pile in the other direction,right?

So why does Tara go the way opposite from the way they arrived?

Anyway the bridge seemed like a natural defensive point maybe to those who holed up there and maybe there were no walkers when they got there but there was a huge truck full of sand?

Tough to know whether the barriers were put there to keep them in or others out.

Who could know?

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Igotthe
    I got the impression that they were basically nomads passing through. I don't think they ever came across Negan's group because they just weren't around long enough.

#5 PepperAnn, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  6. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Tough to say. Id think its another group that Negan or whoever killed. There were an awful lot of bullet casings mixed in the sand. Someone rounded everyone up, hosed them down in bullets, and buried them. Who did the doing tho is a mystery, I have a feeling we will get an answer someday.

7. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

I think the blockades were supposed to be at both ends of the bridge. They showed Tara looking back through a set at Cindy being led by Beatrice through the set at the other end.It appeared to be dumpsters welded together.

8. Poppy

Poppy Member

Howaboutthis?

It was said the men tried to resist and were all killed.
    Maybe, they placed the shipping containers at each end of the bridge, and then lined up the cars and trucks along the sides of the bridge so as to build a Fort? A defensible entrance to the women's community. Maybe they are on an island and this is the only entrance. The two sand trucks could be there to add mass so that The Saviors couldn't just drive through with a truck. There was a camper, and a tent on the bridge, so maybe they were camping out on the bridge waiting for Negan's crew to arrive.

There must have been a battle, (all the spent casings in the sand), and these guys, lost. It was mentioned that all the men, and some others went off to fight, hence the zombie woman, who looked like Heath; OR they tried to resist, and the Saviors Killed all the men and boys over 12, and some others. In the heat of battle, these people were probably killed by body shots, not head shots, and then maybe for giggles, The Saviors buried them with the sand. Maybe the ladies buried their men with the sand, and didn't head kill them. Maybe on purpose, so that they could make up a "Wall of walkers" like in "Fear The Walking Dead"

OK, so I guess either:
    1. the men built a defensible position and lost; or
    2. The saviors, built a containment wall, at each end of the bridge, killed them and left them to turn. (That though doesn't explain the camper and tent.)

9. Midge

Midge Member

I'm going with the above post theory number 1.

I think Oceanside tried to block of the bridge as to keep away any other groups, anyone who does make it through gets killed on site.

10. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

The bridge group simply got overrun by walkers.

11. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

Maybe the Oceanside community camped out there for a few days while running away from Negan?

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Maybe the sand was for the Beach Volleyball tournament they had planned!

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It looks like the bridge is blocked off at both ends. So, one end leads to the Oceanside community and the other end leads to the direction of the Saviours (assuming Heath is taken away by them). So, could this be the original camping site for the Oceanside people? Saviours came and overwhelmed that site while the women retreated further back into the woods to the oceanside?

Well, if this is accurate, then at least this bridge camp now forms a road blockade preventing the Saviours using vehicles going further down that road.

14. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

It was indeed a very weird setup, but got us some pretty cool walkers - the closest we got to Fulci yet.

15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

They had a pretty elaborate trap for when Daryl and the Alexandria scout found, that I forgot the name of :( Maybe they knew how to avoid Negans men?

I think you're the one closest to the truth. Sounds like a Negan punishment for defiant people. Hell could these be the men of Oceanside? Or could it be Negan knows and just left it there? Anyway it is probably him or someone who killed them, but asked his men not to hit the heads and then pulled sand all over them cause he could.

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ididn'tthink

I didn't think about the torso situation. Hmmmm....ok just passing through and stopped in for a bit? lol
    I just don't think they are really set up in any kind of camp anywhere close. Just kinda wander around.

17. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

I was kinda thinking maybe the oceanside people killed the bridge community. They said they were killing every living person they saw.I took it that the pile of sand was dumped out of the two dump trucks sitting right in front of it with the beds up in the dump position. Figured they dumped it on the dead bodies to trap them. It was kind of a strange trap. I doubt Negan has anything to do with it because it is pretty close to oceanside. I thought they made it pretty obvious that Negan has no idea about the oceanside community (or at least where they are now).

With the trucks/equipment Negan has, clearing the bridge wouldn't take long. Maybe an hour with just the one military truck (not sure whether it's a deuce and a half or if there is a newer name). Pull one end of the first sea box blockade out and shove the cars off. Then push the other out of the way or pull one end to clear a lane.

18. Rocky

Rocky Member

There's always the possibility that the bridge were just some random community that sprung up soon after the initial outbreak and fell almost immediately. They may have had no interaction with either Ocean Side or The Saviours.

19. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

They where probably wandering to not be able to be found easily for sure.