Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Browning machine gun

Discussion in 'Episode 804 - Some Guy' started by Lindigo, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Since both sides already have so many rapid fire guns, can you weapons experts tell me why it was so important to take possession of this particular machine gun? Is it just to diminish the other side's power, or does it do something extra special? Thanks.

I got the RPGs--now that was really shocking and cool.

2. Lindigo

Yikes. Never mind. I am rewatching. THAT is what tore off body parts and left massive wounds in the Kingdom's knights. OMG.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I shouldn't be answering because i'm not a gun expert at all. But I do know they said it was a .50 caliber machine gun. Did you notice that not only did it kill so many of the Kingdom soldiers all at once, but their intestines were blown out, limbs missing, etc? :( That thing could probably mean the difference between winning and losing a war, or at least any battle it's in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Browning

Now i'll wait for the gun experts to weigh in lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The carnage it left behind was horrible!

I agree.....a weapon like that could tip the scales in the "owners" favor

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

6. TROR

TROR Member

It's a planet killer. Fortunately, there's one design flaw...

7. yuke

yuke Member

I'm no gun expert I don't think that that single 50 cal could leave only three survivors out of 50+ Kingdom members. If they had all scattered and sought cover immediately, at least thirty or so should have lived.

8. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

The wiping out of the whole Kingdom was a bit much but the actual physical damage was pretty accurate (barring Ricks bullet sponge jeep).

for comparison the bullet on the far right is what they were firing[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Was he firing the .50 caliber from the truck? I assumed it was a different gun... i hope it was a different one lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Where is @Rust with his insane knowledge on guns?

11. tsahi

tsahi Member

Yes, that jeep looked like it was hit by an M16, not a Browning. A .50cal gun can easily disable a light vehicle like a jeep. I think they had to let it keep going even being hit, or the whole scene would have been over pretty quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tsahi

tsahi Member

what I don't understand is how did that guy manage to assemble the gun out of the case, while the HMMWV is driving like crazy, throwing him from side to side.

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, i thought it was a different gun too, although I couldn't have identified the gun myself.

14. Rocky

Rocky Member

If you get shot by a .50 cal round at 100m are you twice as dead as if shot by a 7.62 round at 100m?

I suppose what I'm asking is just how much more of an advantage is a .50cal machine gun over a 7.62?

They're heavier than a GPMG, bigger and you get fewer rounds of .50cal kilo for kilo compared to a 7.62.

I understand the wow factor, but in reallity what would you rather carry?

15. Lindigo

I saw those enormous shells on the floor where they were packing up. The size w
    i understand what you are saying, but, yeah, i do kinda think you are lots more dead in the zombie apocalypse if you get hit with the browning. that shell does so much damage, even if you are just grazed, it is going to tear you up.

(This reminds me of Buffy Summers looking over a cliff and saying, "Fall down there and be dead for a long time.")

16. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

7.62x39 can kill your body.

.50 cal kills your soul.

Did you see the exit wounds on those Kingdommers? From 100 meters, you may not necessarily be killed by an AK-M, AK-47, AR or whatever. A .50 cal will mess you up pretty much permanently if it doesn't kill you. If they had actually fired the Browning at Rick's Jeep, that cartridge would have pummeled the motor.

Nick

• Like Like x 1
  17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

http://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/military-history/military-weapons-the-m2-browning-50-cal/

"The payoff, though, is a weapon that can hit targets with ease over a mile away, with an accuracy that is often surprising. During the Vietnam War, the legendary Marine sniper Sergeant Carlos Hathcock obtained many of his 93 “kills” at ranges up to 2,500 yards with standard M2 machine guns and a special telescopic sight he carried in his gear. So effective was the combination that, 20 years later, a Tennessee gun designer named Ronnie Barrett would design a lightweight .50-caliber sniper rifle firing the M2 ball round that would become a standard weapon for the U.S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps."

"At shorter ranges, the effects are truly amazing. With a rate of fire of between 400 and 550 rounds a minute, .50-caliber rounds from the M2 can literally shred drywall or wooden buildings, or even unarmored vehicles. At favorable angles and ranges it can penetrate the top, side, or rear plating of armored vehicles and aircraft like personnel carriers, infantry fighting vehicles, or attack/scout helicopters. This makes the M2 a very dangerous thing to have in your bag of military tricks, and is why the .50-caliber has remained the love of soldiers, sailors, and Marines in every military force that fields it."

You can get winged by a regular gun. If you get winged by a Browning you will likely be losing a limb.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Then how come all the dead kingdomers can still "walk" after they turned? They should all be torn into pieces and not able to walk.

How did Carol and Jerry avoid the bullets? Were they with the crowd in the middle of the field?

19. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

Didn't Carol already leave to go check out the inside of the facility? I can't remember. Not sure about Jerry, either. A lot of the Kingdomers had massive exit wounds. Depends on where they got hit. I questioned how some could walk as walkers while having the spines clearly bisected, but it's a TV show, so...

• Like Like x 1
  20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Because it was very poorly written. They used special effects to show some limbs off and massive body wounds, but then ruined it by having them all get up and wander around.

They never showed Carol and Jerry at the fence in the episode did they? They may have been elsewhere. I'm not sure. But again, it's written poorly.

• Like Like x 1