Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Browning machine gun

Discussion in 'Episode 804 - Some Guy' started by Lindigo, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Before King Ezekiel realized they had been duped and about to be massacred Carol had left to scout the buildings and Jerry left with a Alvaro towards the tree line

• Like Like x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

OH!! I created a thread about that. That explains those evil bullets. LOL

3. tsahi

tsahi Member

It's quite clear to me that he was firing with the Browning. But again, if this was real world, the jeep would have been stopped after the second shot. while a light weapon like an assault rifle can puncture the radiator, the Browning would puncture the engine block itself, stopping the vehicle on the spot.

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It looks more like someone bombed the place, I am pretty damn sure some old piece of shit Browning can mow that that manny in such a short time, Its hundreds dead over several hundred meters.

5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I also call ****ING BULLSHIT on them managing to mount the ****ing Browning on a moving car this fast after it was packed down.

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

My guess is there are more than 1 Browning. I think, it takes 2 men to mount/dismount the gun onto the support. So, 1 saviour was driving the truck and there is only 1 saviour at the back. That saviour could not possibly mount the gun by himself. So, unless it is very poor writing, I think there is already one mounted gun at the back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I guess Rick got three HMG then.

I guess they be of use when they storm Hilltop or something later on, if Negan do not manage to somehow steal them back but who is supposed to save Negan now? It doesn't exactly play out as in the comics here. Or is it....God save us...Jesus idiotic idea of "taking hostages" that back fires?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Negan still has Abe's RPG. So, it is RPG vs Browning now.

9. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

The "bigger weapon" fight!!!
    Until Oceanside or The Garbage Pail Kids show up with a 20MM cannon out of nowhere and tear it up for the taking!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

It makes no sense for all the kingdomers to be so exposed out in the field as if they were just out there taking a strode and getting some sun.

You don't send out a point man without hiding the rest of the platoon.

and yet I smile.

Unless of course, you are in the last scene of The Last Samurai and you know everyone charging the field will die from that gun except for Tom Cruise.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

That's what I like to do on my weekend off. Get right hold of a strode, and some sun! :p

12. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Browning, .50 cal, it is the BFG
    And...
    He who has the BFG wins.

I had trouble tolerating "king" zeke's load but to a point I could play along, they did have decent walls at the so-called "kingdom" and a fair group of able-bodied defenders... So if this charlatan wants to play "king" fine, the tiger was really pushing it thou.

Then the bit with "and yet I smile?"
    And how he kept saying it, scene after scene, over and over and over and over...
    I'm like come on give me a BREAK !

I was almost glad to see him taking a butt whooping, when I saw that 50-cal letting loose from that tower I was like "YUUUP .!"
    It did break my heart a little too though.

Still baffled at how many people follow this buffoon.

Sucked to watch the tiger die like it did as well, cgi or not.
    I'm like NOOO you need to rip ALL those disgusting things to SHREDS with your claws and Teeth!

#32 8307c4, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  13. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

Looks like they had 2 .50 heavy machine guns. so that's a lot of heavy ammo in a short space of time. Max range of the .50 round is 2500m, max effective range is 1800m, that's why Rick wants those guns.

14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Did he take it? I got vague memories from his plunder of the armoury.

We saw it here first! :D

I honestly think this scene was one of the weakest scenes in TWD ever. It was a bit like watching those Wildlings in GoT get mowed down by the cavalry...only that they got suprised while King Ezekiel and friends knew there was Saviours and knew that they might be inside the compound they had not checked yet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

The general weapons stuff last few seasons has been ridiculously bad writing. EX: Carol mowing down 12-15 zombie's with head shots with a single AK like it's a mini-gun. An AK's rate of fire isn't even that fast and nobody is firing on full auto that accurately.

I'm not a gun nut or anything, nor an ordinance expert and have no military exp -- but merely having owned and shot firearms, even I know these basics.

Same thing with like Carol blowing the Saviors away with a machine pistol in her coat, physics and function do not work like that.

Nobody expects real life war simulation and such, but you'd imagine they could hire really good combat choreographers that big films utilize to at least get some basic realism.

As for the .50 cal -- that will destroy anything it hits in regards to the vehicles they have, well except for Rick's jeep...

They'd have nothing with the armor plating needed to stop that. A few of those set up outside of the Savior's compound would end any assault on their compound. But if we're picking at details, the ordinary 7.62 rounds would be penetrating those cheap steel wall pieces that they had on their cars after many hits.

The battle sequences and firearms related physics stuff has been so bad that it's worth noting as particularly lazy.

16. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

FTWD is doing much better in that regard ^^^

Much better in all area's as it's moved forward and that show started off extraordinarily sloppy with a myriad of things.

17. ranger550

ranger550 New Member

Gun Expert here! :)

The John Browning "Ma Deuce" M-2 Machine gun has been around for a long time, along with its ammo, the .50cal BMG. It was first used in WW I, and has been ever since, even in 2017.

It was never meant to be a one person weapon or cartridge. Its best used by at least two persons, with the gun mounted on a tripod, or some other manner. If you ever shot one off the shoulder, your arm would hurt like all hell and it would be black and blue for weeks.

It could even break your shoulder if you are old or your bones are weak. In NO way could you fire a Ma Deuce M-2 on full-auto at all, off your shoulder. Its a belt-fed weapon meant to be a "crew served" weapon or mounted in some manner.

Yes, I know many of you saw "Rambo" firing a belt-fed weapon, but that was an M-60 machine gun chambered for the NATO 7.62x51mm round, which is nothing but a shortened .30-06 , or a 7.62x63 mm cartridge.

Hell much of the reason I watch The Walking Dead, is to see how many mistakes the producers
    make when showing the cast firing different weapons, of all makes and calibers. I could write a book about how awful the casting of the use of firearms in this show are. Its a hoot to see a twenty round magazine fire endlessly, often using heavy calibers that would, in real life, make the weapon rise upward and they'd be wasting ammo and not hitting their targets at all.

And that's just for starters.......:D

#37 ranger550, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017