Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bulldozer, loader, crane....bye bye ASZ walls

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by RoboLives, Mar 16, 2015.

1. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

So we now see there is heavy equipment at the construction site they are getting supplies from. Won't take much for someone to use it to breach the walls of the ASZ.

:hatchet:

2. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

It's also been sitting there for two years, unless somebody has access to a battery charger the equipment is useless to them.

3. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Great point op, didn't even occur to me and yeah a battery charger should be very easy to find.

Hell even the snobby ASZ natives may already have one, they do have power and live a privileged ZA lifestyle so I wouldn't be shocked.

4. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

A truck would take the walls down just as easily and faster than a bulldozer. At least the slow loud construction equipment would give Sasha a chance to snipe the driver.

5. Screaminleeman

Why is every survivor hell bent on taking down walls of a secure safe haven? I just don't understand this mentality.

I mean, the Governor was a fantastic character and one of my favorite "bad guys". I don't understand how anyone takes the tank/ prison situation as anything short of the greatest act of total insanity!

The Governor had tried to take the prison once already and failed. He killed the vast majority of able bodied Woodburies after failing to take the prison undamaged as a safe haven. He had already murdered all of the leaders of this second group before attempting the second takeover. Even then the effort was to encourage Rick's group to leave the Prison fully intact by destroying a tower inside of the fences. He had MAJOR previous personal bad blood against Rick, Michone and crew leading to the final insanity of destroying the safe haven that they attempted to commandeer!

It is ridiculous to believe that 99.9% of any "leaders" of groups in the Alexandria shared similar suicidal tendencies with the Governor!

It is very difficult for me to feature an above ground structure that is unbreachable if the assailants are 100% suicidal. The Pentagon is most likely one of the most protected above ground structures, and could not come close to stopping a 747 FFS!

This would seriously suck if only 1% of the population survived the ZA, and Jahadists were a respectable % of the survivors even more hellbent on the extermination of the Human species that the actual zombies.

I kid you not, this seems to be 100% the normal reaction on this forum.

FFS. build four walls, and fill 10 feet thick, and still there is plenty of remaining infrastructure capable of destroying the defenses with relative ease.

Luckily the Governor is a .01% minority of leaders of Groups. The other 99.9% want that safe haven as close to fully intact as possible.

#5 Screaminleeman, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

That's why they should block and/or destroy all roads leading into town.

7. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Yeah ....The heavy vehicles should be kept inside compound walls when not in use. All those that were ever at Woodbury would know this.

8. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

Battery charger isnt going to help. Batteries that have sat for two years are no good. Besides even if you have a battery you're goimg to have other mechanical issues from the equipment sitting so long without being used.
    I also agree with [MENTION=70952]Screaminleeman[/MENTION]. Anybody who wants the place will want the walls in tact. [MENTION=78321]Negan Grimes[/MENTION] The panels are steel floor pans which support the concrete floors in multi story building and are attached to steel beams which may or may not be set in concrete. So who is going to take on the suicide mission running into the walls to become acrash test dummy?

9. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

They don't need to take it down. Any group can lob grenades over that gate and climb over it. Its great for protection g against walkers though

10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to bet Sasha could pew pew anyone in those slow, heavy machines before they could do any real damage to the walls.

That's why she's in the tower, after all. To watch out for potential threats and attacks and take them out.

#10 BatmansHooker, Mar 16, 2015
  11. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Who says it's been sitting two years. The people from ASZ have scavenged from that site before and may have used the equipment. Notice the bucket on the dozer was fully raised and being used as a lookout tower. Equipment operators don't leave the bucket raised when not in use.

Also the front gate would be a good spot to breach the wall. Once inside you can use the dozer to block the entrance. The bucket would raised enough that Sacha couldn't hit the driver. Also Sacha would be prime target standing in the tower. Enough people shooting at her and she would barely get a shot off at the dozer.

Many people are assuming that intruders will want to live in the ASZ after they take it, they may only want all their stuff.

12. Kilroy was here

In which case, the common sense thing to do would be to remove the battery to protect them from the elements and also to prevent somebody from coming along and stealing it. Working batteries, two years into the ZA, would worth their weight in gold.

13. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

[video]http://i.imgur.com/QHNi0SN.gif[/video]
    Right, common sense, something they are lacking.

#13 RoboLives, Mar 16, 2015
  14. Kilroy was here

And yet they've managed to throw up walls from scratch and totally enclose their development, which is something no other group has yet managed to do. All the others used preexisting structures (Terminus or the prison) that weren't very secure or half assed it like Woodbury, which used tractor trailers. They're also the only ones that have attempted to set up a system for a safe means of recruiting people, unlike Termius who just let the barbarians in or Woodbury who killed people at the whim of the Guv. Yep, total bunch of rubes who give no thought to what they do.

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This post had possibly the most b.s. made up statistics I've ever seen. The point is, that in a ZA, people BECOME dangerous, because they need to survive. The only ridiculous thing would be to not assume that other survivors were dangerous. You plan for the worst, and hope for the best.

16. mfinley

mfinley Member

Not to mention a refinery to make a fresh batch of diesel fuel since all the 2 year old diesel everywhere is useless.

17. DoctorPimp

DoctorPimp New Member

The argument that the batteries wouldn't work is missing the fact that we're not in a logical universe, but in The Walking dead logic, where walkers are intact after 2 years of raining/snowing/over-exposition to the sun. I mean, they found a firetruck still working this season, and they used plenty of motorized vehicules (not mentionning the ****ing tank, which uses fuel for like 20 car). I don't think any group will use the heavy machinery thought as it would be redondant.

Then again, if we want to think logical, yes, it's pretty stupid to keep this machinery outside the walls, especially since they could use it to reinforce the walls (they need to erect a wall of dirt like in the comics, for solidity and sniping purposes). It just proves agains the inexperience of the Alexandrians.

18. Kilroy was here

I think what it proves is that the real life residents who actually live in that town aren't going to stand for a dirt berm around the town for the next 5 or 6 years. It's just like the reason the supports for the wall are on the outside of the wall, which is ridiculous; that is required by the local Georgia building codes (somebody in another thread looked it up), because the ASZ isn't just a TV set. It is an actual community, so they have to make allowances for the residents and real life laws.

#18 Kilroy was here, Mar 16, 2015
  19. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

We have a winner!
    You are awesome, it took 17 posts for someone to remember that the group found a working diesel fire truck and the Gov a tank about two years into the ZA. So no more talk about the shelf life of fuel, batteries etc.

20. mfinley

mfinley Member

Can we talk about who the squirls typically eat the wiring on vehicles that have sat for two years, or did Darrel kill them all.

Or how about all the flat tires on vehicles after two years? Haven't seen anybody with a hand pump in the ZA.