Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Bullsh!t"

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Los Muertos' started by Neuropyramidal, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Dat aint no stinkin walker bite.

;)

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I agree!

Now the question is...what is the bite from? Is it actually a bite at all?

3. Neuropyramidal

I think he just popped a really big pimple.

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

A walker with false teeth?

6. Znuts

Znuts Member

Highly unlikely, but maybe it is a walker bite and this guy is a rarity in that he is immune. I have no idea what that bite really is though.

7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Well if he is immune we can just nickname him Ellie.

[​IMG]

8. BlackLightning

If it's not a walker, what is it? There aren't many things that can take that kind of chunk out of a grown man...especially not in that location.

FTWD is featuring a lot of witchcraft(???), human sacrifice, religion and philosophical questions about death. So...it's possible that they might just go in this direction.

9. Neuropyramidal

Lots of things. There seem to be pretty nasty dogs around. I'm really hoping they don't go in the immune direction.

10. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I don't know. They seem to be taking at least a portion of this show in some kind of 'supernatural' or pseudo-religious/cultish direction, so I won't entirely discount the possibility.

It does seem at least marginally plausible that some people could be immune to the walker bites. Numerous other zombie movies/shows have done the same in some capacity. I think it'd be a bit cheesy to take it in that direction though after 6 seasons of TWD in which this hasn't come up a single time.

11. Neuropyramidal

Well, they are going in the direction of people believing in supernatural cultish things, but not in the direction of those things actually being true.

Yeah, the idea of immunity is extraneous to what this franchise is suppose to be about. Brute survival. As someone else noted somewhere else, I don't really see Kirkman agreeing to this idea creatively. Having said that, Kirkman really isn't in charge.

12. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I think it's now clear to everybody that it's a very bad story arc and they won't go that way.

[​IMG]

13. Sasha Dixon

Sasha Dixon New Member

I'm guessing Nick is gonna take a look at his dog bite and see it looks similar to the walker bite. I hope they aren't desperate to do the immunity angle. Way to fanfic for me.

14. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I would actually say that this is the most likely circumstance. I feel like someone would have had to have witnessed the bite for people to just believe that it was from a walker. Of course, people are generally stupid nowadays and will believe anything if they truly want to believe it. other than immunity, fake teeth may be the only way that a real walker bite would have no effect

#14 bula412, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  15. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

Why would false teeth "have no effect". They are still in the mouth, bathed in the saliva, and infested with all the mouth flora. Dentures are FILTHY. Thats why they have to be soaked in a strong cleaning / disinfectant solution. They are even worse than contact lenses.

16. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

You've obviously never been in a Mexican cathouse. LOL That said there are lots of things in Mexico that can take a chunk out of someone, ranging from angry prostitutes to donkeys with bad attitudes. Horses bite. So do drunks in bar fights. (ER's see thousands of human bites a year)

Personally - I think they are going with the immune idea. Remember in "the Walking dead universe" unlike most of the zombie genre - you don't HAVE to get bit because "everyones infected". All you have to do is die. So the whole "transmission by bites" is superfluous to the idea of spreading it anyway. The walkers don't have to bite you, they just have to kill you. In fact as I mentioned elsewhere - we have never actually seen someone turn from a non-lethal walker bite on TWD. Everyone who has ever been bitten and turned, was bitten lethally - for example Amy with her jugulars torn out or Dale with his intestines and abdominal organs torn out. We've seen lots of people turn without being bitten, we've seen people fatally bitten die from the trauma and come back, but we've never actually seen anyone turn from a minor, non-lethal bite.

17. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Not saying you're wrong, because I don't remember clearly, but what about that dude they left sitting by a tree in season one? Wasn't that only a bite that was killing him?

18. esmode

esmode New Member

What about Morgan's wife? In 1x1 he told Rick about her being bitten but it didn't sound like a lethal bite - he said she died of the infection/fever and then turned.

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah this is true. False teeth wouldn't be any different because it's not like the infection is being delivered from some compartment inside the tooth if it was their own teeth....like fangs. It's just the breaking of the skin that allows for the infection to be delivered.

20. mishone

mishone Member

His name was Jim but we never saw him die, so maybe he survived? But we are told over and over again that a walker bite kills, you get get a high fever and then pass away.

But then again if the infection is caused from the walkers mouth, how could Nick eat the leftover dogs the walkers devoured. Is Nick also immune? FTWD needs to get their story together.

Maybe TWD and FTWD are not in the same universe?