Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Bullsh!t"

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Los Muertos' started by Neuropyramidal, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

Exactly - they left him at a tree. We don't know what ever became of him. For all we know, the fever broke, and he woke up the next day fine. I just find it interesting that they have never actually SHOWN us someone turn from a non-lethal bite. For instance like they have done in Dawn of the Dead, with the old lady, and the girls father, and the pregnant woman. But remember in that universe its not a case of "everyones infected", there its "you get bit you turn".

2. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

True - but they didn't show us, and all we really have to go by is the ramblings of a man who later turned out to be crazy. Now this all may have changed in the switch from Darabont to Mazarro to Gimple, but I find it interesting that Jenner made no mention of these rules. He ran tests, and found they all had it. But there seemed to be two flavors of "it" because he needed samples that weren't "dead, necrotic"

3. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Very interesting observation. Here's a quote I just found that seems to confirm that the dude by the tree was dying from the bite:
    "Well... bites, and direct to blood contact with zombie gunk, [...] causes death. It's a strong infection that leads to fever that kills someone. Then the "virus" or whatever is already in them... turns them into a zombie."
    —Robert Kirkman

4. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

But following those rules - most of the cast should already be dead. For example remember in Eighteen Miles Out - Rick and Shane cutting their hands with the knife to smear blood on the fence or schoolbus, and then fighting walkers, in fact stabbing them with the same knife. Or all the people slathered in walker guts and blood and other "zombie gunk". T-Dawg bleeding from his cut arm and then hiding underneath a dead walker? All of ricks cuts from his trip through jesses window followed by the walker massacre. etc. There have been tons of direct to blood contact with walker goo. In my opinion its one of the glaring plot holes.

5. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Seems to me the most logical answer is that is was a bite from a human; they just weren't a zombie yet.

6. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I don't believe it's a Zombie bite either. Even if Luciana says, she saw it happen (and I do find Luciana trustworthy at the moment). She could have been fooled too. It seems, the guy (forgot his name, the one with the bitemark) has a lot of knowledge about drugs. And to get a reliable witness with Luciana, he could very well have drugged her and made her believe, she saw it happen - something like that

7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Have to agree with you. And on that note...

[video=youtube;HzdxUlCNPLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzdxUlCNPLA[/video]

8. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Bit by a human who wasn't infected but thought they were?

Or usual cult bullshit?

I am your god, now drink the cool-aid, cut your balls off and wear nike before the comet comes kind of cult?

9. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

We're talking about a show where a character can smear some blood on their face like makeup and walk through a zombie horde. It needs only enough logic to convince the masses. Whether it is enough to convince people on this forum who actually think things through or not, I wouldn't be surprised if they went that direction

10. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

"Bit by a human who wasn't infected but thought they were?"

No. Bit by a human who was sick from a regular human illness that made them act crazy.

But this is really all just killing time speculation. All we actually know is 1. the guy has a bite. 2. Luciana saw him get bit.

We know nothing about where Luci was when she saw this either. Was she five feet away? Was she much farther away and could more easily mistake what she saw? We don't know.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I don't trust the pharmacist at all. Something about him screams deception and manipulation, so I am curious to see where this goes.

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure we know she saw him get bitten. When Nick asked if she really believed he had been bitten, she said "I saw". She could possibly have meant she just saw the bite mark. We'll have to see how that unfolds.

13. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Doesn't it just! He is the leader of this little cult group though and if the show's history has taught us anything it is that these types are usually up to some not good hidden agenda.

p.s. It's been driving me nuts for awhile now. Just what the heck is Lauren shouting in your avatar?

14. BlackLightning

This is actually my first time hearing of a Mexican cathouse. I also didn't know that horses and donkeys will take a chunk out of you.

Actually, there has been one person (that I can remember) who has turned from a minor, no-lethal bite. Deanna. But then again, we don't know exactly what happened to Deanna in that house...

15. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

Mexican cathouses are just well they are just indescribable. Think "a ping pong show" in Thailand meets "From Dusk Till Dawn". Mexican border towns, while extremely dangerous, can certainly make a dove hunting trip in South Texas uh - "interesting". Cross the border to see things you didnt know were even possible LOL Yeah horses will literally eat their way out of their stalls, chewing right through pressure treated 2X6's. The can chew through board fences, gnaw down fence posts, literally take a big chunk out of you.... (Its not "Normal" horse behavior, its actually a behavioral disorder, but its a common one.)

Deanna was swarmed though. Another continuity error cause beings swarmed like that you would expect her to be completely consumed like Laurie. When she fired the last shot and then threw the empty gun at the walkers, she was pretty well screwed.

I am kind of perplexed by the hit and miss way they portray it. Cause these walker tend to go for lethal bites. The neck. Almost vampire like. Kind of interesting in that to be technical you would THINK they would go for soft fleshy parts - the butt, the abdomen, the thighs. It almost seems as if they are "going for the quick kill". Look how many got immediately lethal neck bites.... Amy, Sophia, Andrea, the people patrick killed in the prison, etc. It seems like a deliberate targeting behavior. (Of course its probably just for nicotero's gore factor. Lots of blood, lots of OMG factor....

16. bula412

I think I've got it figured out

17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

HA! She's actually telling a joke, a pretty lame one.....and if I remember correctly, I think she's saying "click....bang!"

I don't know, you tell me. I have no sound on my work computer so here you go for your viewing delight. :p

[video=youtube;ejNkH-GwFac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejNkH-GwFac[/video]

18. bula412

Upon rewatching 610 when spencer takes out zombie Deanna, it did not appear that Deanna had any lethal bites. Safe to assume that she died from the "non-lethal" bite on her leg. How she avoided any new bites is another argument

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, a main implication of the show is that ANY bite causes death, unless there is prompt amputation. We can see that just in the math of the survivors. We've never met a single one with the story of being bitten and surviving [aside from Alejandro, who I think is a fraud]. They also never try antibiotics for a bite, yet they try it for everything else. And the infection from the bite kills quickly [hours to a day or so], meaning its more than just everyday infection/bacteria, which would often take weeks. We may have never seen every stage of someone going from non-lethal bite to death, but that is the premise of what the show is telling us: All bites kill, and when you die, you turn.

20. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

HA! She's actually telling a joke, a pretty lame one.....and if I remember correctly, I think she's saying "click....bang!"

Yeah that's about it. lol. You've made my day!