Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

But Tara Swore

Discussion in 'Episode 712 - Say Yes' started by Weallgotit, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

So it looks like Tara is telling Rick about Oceanside like most of us thought she would or should have. But after Rick's initial reaction, what will his approach be to get them to fight? We know when Tara left she was nearly killed by them. What do you think will happen here?

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It's obvious Tara doesn't want to tell but Jadis has pushed her into a corner. If a lucky haul of 63 guns isn't enough to satisfy the woman, where else will they find more in those numbers?

However now that she's gonna spill the beans, I think Tara needs to fully disclose that they're not just going to walk in there and do some haggling but that it could be a very dangerous undertaking.

3. Weallgotit

Yeah, she definitely has to tell Rick about their shoot first policy. They have to come up with a plan to get in there and approach the area without getting killed on sight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about how Tara said "ass" in front of Judith.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Weallgotit

But you know what, come to think of it. Tara could have just told Rick about Rosita's plan to go after Negan. I might have jumped the gun on this thread depending on what she actually tells him. Having said that I think that's what she told him because she wants to help the group get more weapons.

6. Weallgotit

It does read that way huh? But I was referring to her having to swear in the episode "Swear".

• Like Like x 1
  7. purriwinkle

I don't think Tara knows about Rosita's plan. She sneaked off, covering her tracks by not taking any explosives as to alert anyone. But when she doesn't return, Fr. Gabe might step forward to let Rick know she's gone off the deep end and to expect anything.

I hope they stashed the loot they brought back from this most recent haul (food and the 20 guns) somewhere outside the ASZ cause you know the Saviors are gonna come roaring back when the assassination scheme fails. It's got to right?

8. Weallgotit

Hell yes they will. Hopefully the group has learned from their past experiences with the Saviors visits to ASZ.

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think that once they try to kill you any deals are cancelled so her swearing carries little weight here.
    Of course she is going tom tell otherwise why would they drop such obvious clues and then think we are surprised?

10. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Oh boy oh boy Oh boy oh boy-oboy oboy Oh BOY!!!

I totally see another head bashing Lucille day coming!
    Granted with Negan it's not exactly perfect Karma so it may or may not be Tara, but someone's going to get it, there's just no way they can get away with this in Karmalogic.

I am so excited, I wonder if Negan will have Eugene by his side?

11. batongal

batongal Active Member

Tara may have swore to keep it quiet but she is hoping to convince oceandise to take up the fight with them as she was running down the list of all the men that were part of their lives and killed. I think she'll approach them diplomatically. Rick won't be allowed to go in guns blazing.

12. Weallgotit

The question is how will Rick's group be able to approach Oceanside when we know Oceanside will be guns blazing when they show up.

13. batongal

batongal Active Member

As I said, Tara will be the one to approach them

14. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I began to realize that rick needed to be told, secrets be damned. We went through this with Eugene and his "its classified" answers. Rick is the leader, and should know everything here. If its too dangerous, that's for rick to decide now. He may not be willing to risk another conflict right now, he may have some negotiation tactic that would apply, either way, he needs to be able to make an informed decision

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Znuts

Znuts Member

If I were Tara, I would've told Rick about Oceanside immediately after I got back. Especially after the group tried to kill me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Yeah it is pretty hard to consider Tara as a friend of that group when they led her into the woods to kill her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Yeah it is pretty hard to consider Tara as a friend of that group when they led her into the woods to kill her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Corydora

Corydora New Member

I think that the difference is that Rick et al, will not be going in there to kill them, but to ask for their help. That mitigates breaking her swear a little bit. I agree that Tara should be the first to approach them since they know her, but it will be dangerous. Maybe they will want revenge for Negan killing their menfolk enough to join in the war.

• Like Like x 1
  19. purriwinkle

I don't think Rick should be going there at all. Tara is the only one who stands a snowball's chance in hell of getting those guns and only because the leader's granddaughter befriended her. She swore to this young girl that she would tell no one and the girl helped her escape.

I think the girl paid a price for what their group might consider a betrayal but as long as no one came back she could maintain that some outsiders could be trusted. If Tara returns with anyone at all, it'll be grandma who'll say , see? This is why we kill strangers.

I think Rick will let her go because Tara will reason with him that they can't afford to lose anymore people before they face Negan in what almost assuredly will be a battle. She's gonna tell him that she thinks she can persuade the Oceanside community to give them arms in exchange that they'll never be bothered again if they don't want any contact or something along those lines.

It could be , if she's successful, that not only will she get the weapons but some of the ladies might want to come along and fight. I don't see the whole community coming to their aid as there's too many children there that need to be protected.

20. Weallgotit

This sounds like the way it should go down. I think Tara felt that she owed a huge debt to the granddaughter so she kept her promise. But she didn't swear to all of Oceanside who tried to kill her. On one hand it could end up a suicide mission. On the other she has to be the one to go in and try to get them on board. They may just decide to do it for revenge. If not, Tara has to find a way for them to see some sort of benefit for Oceanside to get involved. Either way, I hope they don't decide to kill her once they have her there again. Which is why I think someone needs to go with her but just hang back. It will be interesting to see how they do it.

• Like Like x 1