Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bye BYE Simon

Discussion in 'Episode 815 - Worth' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Did it make sense that Negan would give him this fight to the death chance? Was he that confident in his fighting skills? Simon is built, bro.

And its surprising he didn't bring up the Scavengers massacre earlier. What did he have planned for Simon before Dwight betrayed him?

• Like Like x 1
  2. blundig

blundig Member

It made no sense at all, including that Little Leather Boy could take him. But the whole M.O. of this half season was to improbably allow a person to perhaps escape, exactly as the person trying to kill them forever has them dead to rights. As if Eugene could effectively hide in the pile...
    This M.O. has bought us back to the beginning of the season with nothing resolved in the larger picture. I believe the season to have been a deliberate killing of time.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

Well, Negan told him that if he wanted the crown, he's going to have to take it from him.

Anyway, I kept telling people earlier on that the person to really worry about and fear was Simon, not Negan. I already knew both personalities couldn't coexist in the saviors camp. It was obvious as soon as Simon was making more orders in the show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I didn't think it made a lot of sense either. Maybe he was trying to prove something to the rest of his henchmen. They saw one of his lieutenants set up a coup with some fellow henchmen. Maybe that was his way erasing all doubts that he's the leader. But did he have Arat on stand by to shoot Simon just in case? I doubt it.

5. Sully

Sully Active Member

Negan is all about ethics and code. If you want to be the guy you have to beat the guy. I think he said that to slimeball Spencer back when Spencer wanted to take out Rick too.

Negan is a confident guy, and he knows Simon. He must have known he could take him.

And think of the payoff? He shows in front of everyone that he is THE GUY and if you go up against him that is what happens.

It kind of reminded me of how animals (specifically Lions) have their hierarchy, and how the King can be challenged for top spot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Simon as a walker was just as tenacious as his life as a man.

I'm glad they brought that up on TTD. Steven Ogg said Simon was like a pitbull as a walker.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

No, it was ****ing dumb. It was worse than dumb because not even the most idiotic viewer would have given Simon the slightest chance of winning that fight. I liked the last few episodes, but this one was very disappointing.
    The whole Aaron thing, the vomit escape, I'm just glad we saw Michonne a little, even though her whole letter reading thing was meh too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Negan did not plan anything for Simon until Dwight's betrayl. In fact, I think Negan did not believe Dwight's words 100% and he wanted to hear the words directly coming out of Simon's mouth, just in case Dwight was falsely framing Simon. That is why he hid behind the dumpster and only showed himself after Simon's speech.

But, Negan really forgave Simon in the meeting, after hearing Simon's explanation of killing the Scavengers. I think it is true forgiveness because Negan really valued Simon being there with him to help building the Sanctuary from the very beginning.

And when Negan heard Carl's letter through the walkie talkie, the camera purposefully shows walker Simon in the background. I think, Negan was not too happy to see the dead Simon chained there. It is a pity that he had to kill his right hand man.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

That wasn't what he forgave him for, it was killing all of the Oceanside men. He never brought up the Scavengers.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    He was waiting to see if Simon wold step up and really admit hos doings and not just what he was being accused of,I think this is when negan decided his final course of action for Simon too.
    He knew he really could not trust him then.

And for me negan allowing the fight was almost the only thing he has ever done that I respect at all.

11. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Having watched this show now for 7.5yrs, walkers have mostly lost the shock-effect for me. However, walker Simon made me say, "whoa! <shudder>". I hated the way he went out, being choked-out, sort-of anti-climatically, but he was awesome as a walker!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

No, it didn't make sense to me that Negan would allow a physical fight for leadership. One, he needs Lucille in everyday life to make himself powerful, and, two, everyone ages, so someday he becomes vulnerable to this tactic. Don't set the precedent.

But it was effective.

13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Didn't he mention the Scavengers? I thought he spoke about that in the episode, I do not remember where. I thought that whole bucket thing would been a hint like some British murder mystery show lol.

Anyway! Anyone know more of that story, "When we took this place!". Sounded like on Negan it was a lawless den of shit but one never know with Negan. Did he take a fully functional but weak groups settlement or did he do the lesser evil and liberate a bad dude raiders and nasties place from em to run it himself? Lesser evil kind of thing? Guess Simon and Negan would have "Liberated" Woodbury and Terminus too after Gov and cannibals would sent off his runners dead.

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I LOVED WALKER SIMON!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

OMG!! My favorite walker of ALL TIME!!! Too bad he was bound to the fence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Oddly enough I’m going to miss Simon... I really grew to love his character, as bad as he was... I really wish he and Negan were more of a ride-or-die duo than what happened with their dynamic... almost like a “bad” Rick and Daryl... I liked it when I thought Simon had his back all the way but I kind of saw that going away when Negan had asked him if he was taking steps backward however many episodes ago that was...

Steven Ogg seems like a cool dude too... quirky and funny

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1