Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Camp in the Woods

Discussion in 'Episode 407 - Dead Weight' started by Jakobi, Nov 24, 2013.

1. asdf

asdf Member

Here's my question, why the hell in the middle of the woods?!

There are the vast open fields to you know.

2. JFAN

JFAN Member

At this point I wouldn't put it passed the Gov. I wouldn't be surprised if next week he showed up with a hoard of food he just happened to find.

3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

If the gov killed the group, why was he agitated to leave the area? He seemed to be worried that another group might attack and kill his new family..

4. tgroff

tgroff New Member

Is there a connection?

Long time walker, first time biter here.

It seems to me that over the course of the series there has been several mystery mass attacks. The first that comes to mind is the attack on the Vatos in Atlanta. Similar incident where well everyone's dead and it aien't from bites. The second comes from the arrival at the prison. If I recall correctly there were many inmates in one block that all seem to be executed. This all leads to the swift and silent attack on the group in the forest. Brian or the Governors response once back at the camp to pack up and leave leads me to believe that he has dealt with the group he believes committed similar acts. What are everyone's thoughts to this idea? Am I on to something or am I completely out to lunch on this? Perhaps this could lead to the inclusion of the Hunters that appeared in the comics.

5. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I find it interesting that the location Martinez's group is settled in has a large concentration of survivors around.
    I wonder why they brought themselves into the wilderness. A lot of the people in the group seemed like the outdoor/Daryl type.

6. Chaos

Chaos Member

Forums rules: "A "spoiler" is an advance revelation of critical plot elements in a book, film, television show, or other form of entertainment media" & "Threads with visible spoilers MUST USE a spoiler tag"

Is this really too hard to follow?

7. Chaos

Chaos Member

Where anyone can see you.

8. Busted Flipflop

Good point. Also if you recall there were some corpses in fatigues with signs (i.e. "Liar) on them. Could be that whoever attacked the other camp may have attacked these soldiers as well.

9. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

I didn't reveal anything...I don't read the comics, only this is something that is relatively commonly known out there that there is another group, shoot if you ever looked at the shop page on amc.com you'd see that. No reason to be so rude either.

10. asdf

asdf Member

You'd have to be on the lookout for stealthy Z's scattered in the forest keeping you on edge 24/7, am I wrong?

11. walkerTXranger

He may have smelled the smoke from the smoldering fire.

12. walkerTXranger

This isn't comics discussion and this little tidbit of information could very well be a spoiler for the TV series. I didn't know anything about this "other group"

Please mention the comic stuff in the comic forum.

13. Flesh Eater

i don't read the comics

#33 Flesh Eater, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  14. CorporateZombie

CorporateZombie New Member

I haven't read the comics, but I did notice there seems to be another group at work that is still unknown at this point and I think the governor has an idea who they are. I think they may be military, even ex-special forces out of Ft. Brag. This maybe be one of the reasons he wipes out that group of soldiers he comes across at the beginning of season 3. We've had a couple images of army choppers in the past. They definitely would be adept at silent kills.

15. Machete

Machete Active Member

If the Guvnah killed them what happened to the supplies? No he was still trying to be a "good guy" at that point. He didn't kill them.

16. mistymage

mistymage Member

This episode takes place before the illness hits the prison.

17. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I got the impression it was pretty much at the same time. Maybe a little before, but not much. As a matter of fact, the last scene when The Guv is aiming at Michonne and Hershel would actually be AFTER the start of the illness outbreak when the two of them are disposing of all the walkers Rick and Carl mowed down. Of course, that scene could have been some weeks (or maybe a month or two at most) after the rest of the episode, but it's hard to tell.

What we DO know, is that when The Guv confronts the prison group, they should definitely have been in the area after the onset of the epidemic. If some mention of the illness isn’t made, I’ll just have to chalk it up to yet another loose end that will never be addressed.

I think there was some mention of the forest group living primarily off squirrels and skunks, so maybe the argument will be that they didn’t contract the disease because they weren’t consuming pigs (which has been discussed as a possible disease vector).

18. walkerTXranger

Cool. Then don't mention things about the comics that you didn't read that might be spoilers in the TV series forum or I'm reporting you.

19. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

The apocalyptic world hosts a lot of assholes other than The Governor so probably someone else did it.

20. Flesh Eater

Cool, then read the thread and see this was already addressed and didn't need to be again.