Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Camp in the Woods

Discussion in 'Episode 407 - Dead Weight' started by Jakobi, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Komodia

Komodia Member

She heard someone cough LOL

2. jsand2

jsand2 New Member

If it was that group... Do you think they would have left all that fresh meat behind? I kind of thought the same as you, but then that question popped into my head...

3. jsand2

jsand2 New Member

The guy didnt spoil anything. You need to look up the difference between spoiler and speculation.. Saying Rick dies in episode 8, and if he actually dies in episode 8, is in fact a spoiler... Bringing up the possibility of another group, is far from a spoiler... I mean do you really think that Rick and the Gov's groups are the only survivors in the whole apocalypse? Knowledge of another group should just be common sense... Come on let off the guy a little. He didnt spoil anything as there is nothing saying that they will ever make the show...

These forums are for speculation... Trying to figure out what might just happen... Now if the guy came in and posted a plot synopsis I could see you being upset... Even if you reported the guy, like you threatened, I doubt much would come from it as he isnt breaking rules by spoiling stuff. All he did was bring up the POSSIBILITY of a group that existed in the comics...

4. Komodia

Komodia Member

I was wondering the same thing. The only thing I could think of is perhaps to be close to a water source like the river/lake they got there and maybe so they have room to run away if a herd of zombies come at them instead of being trapped in a building.

5. maya15

maya15 Member

I understand absolutely what you are saying. But, for a lot of us who did not read the comics, the mere mention that something is in it, sounds like a spoiler, although essentially it is not. I mean, all of us speculate all the time, of things that happened and about things that will happen, or we would like to happen. I know that I am trying to be extra careful when posting in previous episodes or seasons threads so to not accidentally spoil something, but it can be very tricky, and I suppose it’s a lot harder for people who already read the comics.

I do not believe that @Flesh Eater had an intention of spoiling, she has just repeated something that she understood to be common knowledge and which also could be considered speculation, as you stated, so no harm done. On the other hand, I can understand frustration of @walkerTXranger because there are a lot of posts that has if not real spoilers then unintentional ones. I have to say that my first reaction to that post also had been “Oh, no, another spoiler!”.

As a solution, I am considering reading the comics earlier than I have planned, because I like this forum very much and I do not want to constantly thinking about spoilers, whether they are accidental or deliberate. Besides, here I have also learned that show differs a lot from comics. So, I suppose that reading comics could make taking part in the forum much easier. And, it seems that there is a great comic section here also :)

6. jsand2

jsand2 New Member

I am going to be honest here... I absolutely despise reading.. I hadnt read anything in about 13+ years before I read the comics. Last I read anything was when it was required in highschool. After watching the first season of this show I had to read the comic. I figured with it being a comic I could handle the read better. I read the first 1000 pages over a weekend.. When the Compendium 2 came out I also read that 1000 pages over the weekend... Being a black and white comic... It is hands over fist better than the show... Dont get me wrong, the show it amazing, but the comic... Well it is just something I couldnt have imagined..

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you read it.. If you pick up the compendiums, the first one will take you right to where we should be on Sunday.. The 2nd compendium starts off where the show should end on Sunday.. Of course we have no clue how Sunday will play out, so this is pure speculation...

#46 jsand2, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  7. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Oh really? There is an evil ,menacing group lurking on the horizon ...do tell:zombies_rolleyes:

8. shredorama

shredorama Member

She didn't do anything wrong, she didn't spoil anything for anyone... no need to be threatening anybody with a click of the almighty report button. Chill!

9. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

Exactly.

I do hope whoever killed the campers in the woods gets somehow explained. We could have a three group war on our hands.

10. MIC WITT

MIC WITT Member

Regarding the spoiler hostility in this thread, this is quite laughable! Honestly if you have not read the comics and you do hate spoilers so much (!), you really should not come to this forum at all! I have not seen any intentional huge and unmarked spoilers yet, thanks to forum members and mods, but it is really impossible to not get mildly spoiled every second thread. Some are just speculation coming true, some are just common sense for the more dedicated TWD fans...

11. Darylette

Darylette Member

Not the report button!!! Anything but the report button!!!!

12. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

13. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

Huh what? I was reported? For what? Good lord, I go away for Thanksgiving holiday and all hell breaks loose...LOL. Oh well if I was reported nothing happened.

14. Walking Wounded

Good point!

15. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

Who killed those people? Carol, The Governor or someone else?