Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Can anyone help? want to discuss the writing

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by jamesmcleman, Oct 18, 2013.

1. jamesmcleman

jamesmcleman New Member

Hi everyone,

First post here was hoping you guys might be able to help, I am interested in finding out how the show is written, more specifically how the story is kept intact across the different platforms. I am writing my dissertation and aim to write my own storyworld in which writers from different platforms can adhere to the same story construct

thanks very much for taking the time to read and for any help you can give.

2. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Governor

Governor Member

The Walking Dead was actually created by Robert Kirkman as a comic series way back in 2003, so the writers of the show have a big source of wich they can keep getting ideas but always making it different.
    People don't know, but there where big problems in the making of show, it was actually lucky it got made.
    The writers room consists on having the main writer and showrunner, and other writers, each episode is written by one writer, after his done with the script, he takes it to the writer team and they basically write down the final touches, then the script is given to the actors and the director and they film the episode.

4. jamesmcleman

jamesmcleman New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm more interested in how the series continues across multiple platforms. for instance, 'lost' employed a storybible with all their relevant time lines character history and profiles etc. I was hoping to find out if they utilised a similar technique on this series.Might just ask Robert himself perhaps.

5. ZombieFlanders

The Comics and the TV-Series are kind of set in two Seperatet Universes so theres no need to keep the continuity intact across them. The Novels are meant to be set before the Comics story (i think, didn't actually read em) so they actually add to their canon. But only minor stuff that wouldn't change anything in the Comics. Overall the interaction between multiple platforms is kept to minimum.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If you are writing a real dissertation, and are asking random people on a tv forum how to do it, you're in a bad way. :p

7. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

What a butthole

8. jamesmcleman

jamesmcleman New Member

Thanks for that ned. Just started reading the comic's anyway. Twd utilises transmedia in a different way than I had previously thought but it is still a great example. Kinda feel like a survivor myself just now. Having to ignore mindless zombies in order to get what I need. Thanks again for your help. And to neuropms guy. I happen to subscribe to the theory that fans are in fact the best sources of information, the ones intelligent enough to articulate or quantify their experience of course. Have an A1 day now.

9. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Since it's based on a comic book it goes this way.

Season 1 - Written as an adaptation of Kirkman's comic books with some deviations.
    Season 2 - Takes events from the comic books, then injects the events from last season making it a more different story.
    Season 3 and 4- Repeat.

That's just for outlining purposes. Like other shows, they have a writing collaboration room. There's one guy writing an episode but others assisting the writer for consistency and proper character development. As we know, TWD does have some writing hiccups but they aren't "Bad" as some people make it out to be.

10. juliafrod

juliafrod New Member

My personal college application required me to demonstrate not just strong writing and communication abilities, but also the originality of the concept. I then made the decision to save time and turned to a reputable website, where residency experts was available to help me meet the college's requirements, immediately improving my prospects of success. Since the website has been around for a while, I felt secure in the caliber of its experts' services.

#10 juliafrod, Nov 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022