Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Can Beth and Daryl hold a whole episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by Firewallcano, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Firewallcano

Firewallcano Member

Both charcaters are pretty good but can two characters hold interest for a whole episode alone? It certainly looks like its just them next week, I will say I am interested I have no idea where there going to go with those two

2. Moral Compass

Moral Compass Member

Definitely! It'll be interesting to spend some more time on Daryl and Beth, it feels like we barely saw them last time.

3. Smackledorf

Smackledorf Member

I hope so. I feel like this episode is gonna get slammed and bashed hard, regardless.

4. HeadlessHershel

I hope Beth loses her virginity to Darryl maybe then she'll stop her incessant yapping. lol

5. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

I'm really looking forward to this episode. I know a lot of people think Daryl-Beth scenes are awkward but I actually like how the prison-aftermath has made it so these two now have to survive out there together, a really interesting pairing in my opinion.

Also, just because we only saw Beth and Daryl in the promos for the episode, doesn't mean there won't be any other survivors in the episode. They might run into people we've never seen before, or maybe the
    tennis-ball biker guy and some members of his group, if they survived Rick's walker bomb of course..

6. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Hardcore. People will be out for blood.

I for one am looking forward to this episode. With the trunk scene and seeing them in a dark house, it seems like it could have a bunch of "edge of your seat" scenes. At least I hope so.

7. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

Beth -- god no.. she is so boring. The most interesting thing we have ever seen her do is sing. I think thats why they put Daryl with her.. she needs a "partner" who is over well with the fans.

8. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

I think so. People bitch about Beth being boring (see above bitching) but then bitch even more when they try to give her development (see above bitching). She wont be boring if they give her an episode to develop further than singing! ****ing duh! The more they just string her along, the more shes going to waste space. Giving her an episode to be awesome is the perfect solution.

Carol was so ****ing useless the first 2 seasons and just whined. I hated her. Now after they gave her a lot more screentime, shes one of my favorites. I dont understand why people bitch when they give the "boring" people more screentime. By definition that makes them not useless. If they turned around Carol like that I see NO reason why they cant do the same for Beth.

Im super excited for this one because I love Daryl and I cant wait to see what they have planned for Beth. Also I highly doubt its going to be romantic at all, for all you people who fear some sort of stupid romance. I cant imagine any sort of romantic tension while they are on the verge of death by zombies in that trunk. Its going to be really intense I think. The Walking Dead lost a lot of that intense feeling lately because everyone is so good at zombie slaying now. Putting Daryl in a situation where he is overloaded is going to be SO nervewrecking for viewers. Its not like they are going to suddenly jump each other when there is a zombie 3 feet outside of the unsecured trunk. Anyone who believes that is an idiot. Stay off of Tumblr and you will be fine.

9. Lxwad

Lxwad Member

My two least favorite characters on the show. This should be interesting. But I hope they do some character development on both of them, maybe they can get more interesting.

10. Machete

Machete Active Member

No, just no...

Clearly you have little experience with women if you think they stop yapping after they have had sex..

11. Machete

Machete Active Member

I am worried this episode will be bad.... But I hope it is not.

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Of course after waiting a week for a new episode i would rather see what everyone is up to, but i'll give it a chance...it could be interesting.

13. Caryl

Caryl Member

No Beth and Daryl cannot carry an entire episode. Daryl is a great character but he cannot carry one as weak as Beth. Theirs was the most boring segment of Inmates and next week is just going to be a painful repeat of that. Only four times as long. With the stupidest premise imaginable. I seriously thought the spoiler synopsis was a joke. It's that terrible.

Inmates was my last hope to warm up to Beth. She was awful and I have no reason to think she won't be awful again. If this was season 2 I'd give it a pass but four seasons of an underused character played by an actress who is mediocre at best is enough. Kill her off and let us all move on! Preferably sooner rather than later. I'm just over it already.

Also my bf could give a rats ass as to who pairs off with who on TWD. He does however take a fiendish delight in rubbing my face in every single possible Deth/Beryl ship bait scene possible. It's going to be an hour of hell for me next Sunday night and I will make sure to have a splitting headache for at least 3 days. I will not be the only one who suffers in my house Sunday night dammit!!!

14. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think they will be able to carry an entire episode. The main reason I think so is because of Beth and I kno that's far from popular opinion. We kno so little about her and she really has never been exposed to real danger before so I think that will be very interesting. When the virus broke out she was locked away. She never went on runs for supplies she was tucked away with Hershel and Carl during the governors attack in the season finale last season so this will be very interesting to see how she handles herself in moments of danger where she's forced to make spli second decisions. I think her teaming up with Daryl is an odd connection but I think it will turn out to be the best thing for both of them. She will keep Daryl wanting to move on rather than becoming the loner he was the first season and he will teach her to survive. I think if Beth survives this season and is with Daryl for most of this back half she will enter season 5 as a whole new person. Call me crazy but I think if she makes it to season 5 she will have a lot more fans than she does now.

I think Daryl will reveal more intimate details about his past to her and we will get a deeper look into who he is. But again call me crazy if you want but I think Beth will be the star of this episode.

15. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

I am going to assume you are a freshman frat guy who thinks women are annoying bitches who shut up after sex. [MENTION=8978]Cheria[/MENTION] is gonna bust yo ass.

16. cakebythepound

It can't be like their vignette from Inmates. Daryl staring into space and Beth doing all the talking for an hour sounds insufferable. But I typically have little interest in episodes without Rick, Michonne, or Glenn, so my expectations are pretty low here. Which means I can't be disappointed.

17. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Your avatar....I nearly pissed myself laughing XD

18. Caryl

Caryl Member

LOL I love her avatar too. I'm definitely team Richonne! I think that would be awesome.

19. cakebythepound

LOL, thanks! I'm all about the swirl love, haha.

20. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

LOL. That's true.

On-topic: they might be able to, but I prefer episodes about more than one combination. Just whatever you prefer, I guess.