Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

can someone please explain...

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by Cougarex7, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Cougarex7

Cougarex7 New Member

why a shotgun gets a "damage" perk to make it EVEN MORE devastating at close range...
    but a sniper rifle damage drops off when using it the way A SNIPER RIFLE was meant to be used at LONG RANGE???...

if anything, there should be some sort of "range" perk for the sniper rifles to give it MORE damage at longer distance. In my opinion, it takes more skill to snipe someone mid sprint from across the map than hip firing a striker at 10 yards...so at least give someone an incentive to use a sniper rifle the way it was meant to be used, not the no-scope stuff that ppl do point blank with them...even then i find 1 shot at close range (hit marks and everything) dosnt kill sometimes, a 50 cal point blank should kill no matter what!
    but im sure ppl would abuse that just the same...so at least maybe consider a "range" perk in the future IW...(sounds kinda stupid to give a SNIPER RIFLE a "RANGE" perk lol...but then again it sounds even more stupid to give a shotgun a "DAMAGE" perk...sooo...)

and just to clarify, im not a camper, i dont sit prone in a window waiting for some guy to run by after 2 minutes, i actually run and gun with the MSR allot...i guess its from the old CS days with the AWP i learned that a good sniper never stays in one spot...but for God's sake...if i get hit marks from across the map TWICE and the guy STILL hasnt hit the ground...something is WRONG in my book...but truth be told...the AWP was BS back in the day =P but i still think theres gotta be a happy medium somewhere...

other than that, the game feels like its been well improved and well balanced over all...

anyways, thats just my soap box rant for the day...
    continue on ppl

2. DiscoBoxer

DiscoBoxer New Member

I agree that a 50cal should kill on the 1st shot every time. I have run up on people and shot them from the equivalent of 5-10', hip fire and it often takes two "hit marker" shots for them to go down.....in the real world, these people would be in pieces.

3. Im A Pub5tar

Im A Pub5tar New Member

yes so true, finally someone agrees, any of the snipers should be one hits it should be like real life if i shot you with a Rsass it would kill you in the first shot anywhere above the waist.

4. Erick001bc

Erick001bc Member

I hate to say this, but shotguns, example the spas, modle 1887 and attachments suck at close range. I have gotten 2500+ kills with shotguns, and they pretty much suck. The only one is the striker and Aa which everyone uses because hey are fast. But they still take 2-3 shots. At close range it takes 2-3 for a shotgun kill, trust me. Damage increases this for 1-2-3 kills. Damage doesn't really increase damage that much because it's lost with range. I can tell you, my gun was touching the enemy and I have shot and gotten killed many times, and I get mad and say wtf. Shotguns in mw3 suck. I like using the as50 sniper tough for everything else. I know what you mean, and that's why I use it. If they don't die the 1 st time they die the second. I learned to just aim for the head always. Even the desert eagle takes 2-3 shots and it's a50 cal, not to mention I failed at RPGs and noob tube kills because of the damage balance. I hate to say it, but the game is pretty broken , like the riot shield. Either way, if you want to play something realistic.... Battlefield 3 is the best option. Though I play oth of them about the same.

5. HORSE SIX ZERO

yes, i agree, range and damage are not proficiencies. You can be proficient AT range and if you changed ammunition from buckshot to .00 or slug, I could see that. That's what they should have made the attachments to the shotguns different. And I still don't see why the shotgun cannot be a secondary. Dumb!