Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

can walkers see?

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by gavuk, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

If they're animated just by the brain stem then a knife through the forebrain shouldn't worry them. If they can function without a heart then they have special muscles which don't require oxygen. Like their special underwater heads. And apparent lack of scat piles.

2. Screaminleeman

This is 100% again one of my original thoughts, and peeves me that Human survivors are ALL TOO STUPID to attempt to determine what is making these zombies tick. I am totally irate that some of the fantastic ideas put out by survivors in the early ZA are now a long past distant memory.

1. Rick and Shane were questioning the effect that cooler temperatures might have on the Zombie masses.
    2. Milton failed to establish any degree of recognition that the Zombie has of their former living selves.
    3. Milton indicated that Zombies DO STARVE, just not as quickly as humans!!!!!!!!!

Given that 90% + of the Human population was either killed or has turned to Zombies within' the first few months of the onset of the infection causing the ZA:

1. This should SCREAM to every single Human that has two brain cells still functional an OUTRAGEOUSLY clear message: This Zombie apocalypse is an EXTREMELY short duration event. (If Zombies that don't eat result in "inactivation/ whatever term" and they do not devour anything other than fresh kill, their time is extremely limited even if decomposition were not extremely quick.)
    2. We have seen I believe 100% that the decomposition of a living Human after conversion due to a zombie bite/ scratch is many thousand of times FASTER than that of a living human, and still hundreds of times as fast as a dead one. Makes sense with the burning fever. We literally almost never see a newly turned zombie from a bite not show immense decay within 24 hours! (Merle, Andrea's little sister. . .)
    3. It appears that there is also some degree of more rapid decomposition of humans turned zombie through death than living humans. (Terminite's in slaughter house Rick intentionally allowed to turn)

Again, I really see only two "challenges" facing most survivors which are:
    1. Survive long enough to outlast the Zombie horde.
    2. Find cure for the virus as to limit ALL new zombie formation as a result of Z-bite. (ie. All living humans that die for any reason STAY DEAD!)

That's it, lock yourself in a secure area and wait for the inevitable near end of the ZA!

Has anyone ever hunted or Fished? When you clean your catch and discard the less desirable portions of the carcass in the woods, has anyone EVER seen anything more than bones that remained 18 months later?

Do the math. 99.9% of the zombies walking are withing a handful of months from non-functionality! The surviving Human population should surpass the functional zombie population many times over in the next few months. The only challenge again being the infection in the living humans triggering by many random forms of death!

#42 Screaminleeman, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Neudermyer

4. Neuropyramidal

You seem very upset over nothing. Calm those teats. ;)

5. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Is that german for no timer?

6. Franklin

Franklin Member

The show is so inconsistent about this. The Talking Dead gave a fun fact in season 4 about Walkers can only see light, and that's why they walked in the fire by Beth and Daryl. Yet, somehow they see people from a long distance. It just doesn't add up.

7. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

what happened to their sense of smell?

8. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I never got the impression that they could sniff out humans. It's just that when they see a human they can tell that they don't smell dead.

9. Neuropyramidal

I'm not sure anything did. Human's don't have much of a sense of smell compared to other animals to begin with.

10. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

The zombies in general were smarter in season 1. Some of them were using rocks to bang open the mall glass doors. If they were still that smart alexandria's walls would be useless.

11. Franklin

Franklin Member

Remember in the comics, they smelt Jessie's son's piss and that's how they detected him in guts.

12. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

The whole zombie senses (sight, smell, hearing) concept is a pretty malleable thing when you consider how Michonne walked in the middle of a small herd undetected, apparently for days, just because she had some zombies chained to her. Having a zombie or two chained to you might camouflage you at a distance but when you are surrounded by 10 to 15 zombies its pretty silly.

13. Tomzed

Tomzed New Member

I think they see, but the whole thing about walkers is that they are the stereotypical movie/tv predators dumbed down about a hundred notches. Don't move, be quiet and they won't detect you unless they are almost right on top of you. I think that is pretty much the thing. They really seem like some environmental threatening force than any kind of (even animal) focused intelligence.

14. Neuropyramidal

The whole walking with walker camouflage angle has always stretched the edge of believability for me. Just like the covering yourself in guts concept. The claim is usually that they are not attacked because they DO smell. But someone who just died 5 minutes earlier and then reanimated, would also not smell rotted. But walkers don't attack very recently dead walkers. I think these subplots are best avoided, for the most part.

15. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Even the walkers in season 1 knew Reg should have built the wall braces on the inside.

16. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

This smell concept means that since they died their ability to smell has become heightened, since surely all they can really smell is their own rotting flesh.
    If you know, that you personally really need a shower, there's now way that you can smell someone further away that doesn't need a shower.

However, its a great TV show and I am prepared to forgive it, its trespasses. With the exception of Father Gabriel, I hope they can smell his hypocrisy above all else and tear him to pieces.

17. TheWitchesTit

TheWitchesTit Member

i think they detected him because he was talking and crying

18. CowgirlUp

CowgirlUp New Member

I am so glad someone brought the medical issues up! Another factor that should in theory make the zombies less of a threat as time goes on is the decomposition of their muscles.

It drives me crazy watching how very soft and easily destroyed their bodies appear to be. How can a zombie who is severely decomposed and literally falling apart, wrestle a grown man to the ground? If their muscles are no longer attached to their bones with any sort of strong tissue, they could not flex their muscles or control their mouths or limbs.

You all are so right. They should already be rapidly approaching the point in the show where many of the zombies aren't able to do anything but lay on the ground with a functional brain stem, slowly starving to final death.

#58 CowgirlUp, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016