Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Can you eat a walker?

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - Us' started by Morgotha, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

that's only one walker. It could have been someone who was being eaten by maggots before death - which does happen but in unusual circumstances.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Bacteria is what makes the flesh and meat rot. Bacteria is what causes the rotting process. We know they have bacteria.

#62 Neuropyramidal, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  3. Elvis_Mazur

Elvis_Mazur Member

It all depends on the virus mechanism of life. I sure as hell wouldn't eat a walker if I had no other alternative.

4. Neuropyramidal

Again, the bacteria don't possess the same mechanisms of animal avoidance that flies do.

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

If you have to dream up outlandish reasons why, despite their rotted and maggoty appearance, walkers are not "really" rotted and maggoty and perfectly safe to eat then most likely you are trying too hard to prove something that just isn't true. Occam's razor.

6. Neuropyramidal

I've never seen a person resort to such absurdity to stubbornly defend his OP's no matter what the evidence lol.

7. Busted Flipflop

We don't KNOW if they're eating people or walkers. THAT's what we're trying to figure out.

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yes we do. There has been zero evidence in the TV show that anyone is eating people OR walkers. At all.

It's all speculation that someone might be, which is based on the comics where they are. But in the comics NO ONE is eating walkers.

9. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I'd eat one. Just for lolz.

10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Aside from the high chance of the meat being enough to initiate a fever, they are rotting corpses. They'd likely carry a bunch of other diseases. So no, probably not a good idea.

11. Neuropyramidal

I'd put a band aid in my walker and send it back to the kitchen, saying I found it in there.

12. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

You'd totally get another walker on the house. Nice play, Sir. Nice, play.

13. Busted Flipflop

I don't think some of us are really thinking about what the comics are saying. I sure as hell don't care. I'm interested in the POSSIBILITY of it - whether its in the comics or not. The concept of it. You know, it MAKES interesting discussion. Don't take it so damn personal.

14. Neuropyramidal

No, see, that's where the trick comes in. When they say they'll cook me another one, i'll just say "no, I've lost my appetite for walkers now, I'll have the North Atlantic Cod, please. This way not only do I get to avoid eating walker, but I get free fish.

15. BuckToothed

BuckToothed Member

how bout a recently turned walker, hang em in a temperature and humidity controlled meat locker, same way as aging beef as prime aged steak.

16. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I'm not taking it personally. You, on the other hand, seem to be very upset.

In the post I quoted of yours (which is where you got the post of mine you are quoting), you were "trying to figure out" if they were eating people or walkers, so I pointed out the facts for you. Now you're just interested in the POSSIBILITY. So we can go back to the earlier discussion, to which the answer is no, you can't eat walkers.

17. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Hey, this is the real Wolf, and I wasn't the one who said "shots fired", but it was funny ....lol....., and she does seem to have Wolfie eyes!

18. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Actually as a wolf, we are able to eat tainted flesh.....lol........The Real Wolf!

19. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

In a ZA I'd live by the assumption that the rotting flesh of a zombie is probably even worse for you than naturally rotting flesh and avoid eating undead meat.

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Whoa! Here comes a rotting, shambling corpse. Anybody else getting hungry?