Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Car hoarding is worse than ever with tampered bases back in :(

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by LoneRanger, Apr 12, 2015.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Member

As the title says haven't seen/found a car in 2 days. Talked to a few guys who said they have like 6+ at their base. There has to be some eventual long term thing in effect preventing vehicle hoarding like this. It sorta ruins the game to a degree. If bases were easier to raid sure but with a clan of 10 hoarding 11 vehicles its a pain.

Anyone have legit ideas to prevent this as I know i read somewhere in the past dev's do NOT want vehicle hoarding to be a thing and haven't made garage type structures for that very reason.

2. Imprimis

Imprimis Member

thats true

3. 13ones

13ones Member

First of all I have had 2 bases and a shelter hit in two days cleaned me out completely. the one base was hit 2 days in a row. So I don't think making bases easier to raid is the answer.
    But how about an inactivity despawn timer so if no one gets in the vehicle for say 1 to 2 hours then it despawns and goes back to it's original spawn. (maybe less time).
    Or put a block around tamped bases so you can't drive a vehicle in.

4. tamashiiken

tamashiiken Member

Need throwable ied's (grenades) and this wont be a problem, i believe one spawns when one dissappears, unless blowing up an ied under a base will damage a car

5. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Member

No offense but that's incorrect as it isn't hard atm to completely roof off a vase by building lower level structures then upper levels to completely fill in the 2nd row then using the demo hammer to remove the first level structures so that wouldn't work either.

6. omegavue

omegavue New Member

The car hoarding is probably hackers since they are lazy they just use the car to get to people's place and bust it all up and runs off with the car and hide them

7. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

Personally I don't mind the car hoarding as long as the spawns aren't so rare that you have to spend days on end finding one - especially in PvP since they're easy enough to destroy.

I recall seeing a picture of someone who had 30 in 1 "super-base" ... that took a lot of effort and commitment. If there was only 25 spawns (youtube pic of a guy who marked a map where he found cars) and this pic had 30 cars - it stands to reason that the spawn makes the cars whether or not the originally taken one is "alive" or "destroyed" already.

8. 13ones

13ones Member

well if you don't mind the car hording then on my server you must be one of the hoarders I have been looking for a car for a week now. there is a big base full of Koreans (i know cause i talked to them) and as i watched at least 3 cars left the ground fort i think the inactivity timer would work best. So if you want to keep your car you will have to keep busy. grounds bases don't scare me i have made over 100 ethanol in 2 days. when i do blow the door off I am not taking one just gonna blow them all up so everyone gets a chance to get one. Whats wrong starting your day off hunting for a car? At least you know one will be out there right now you spend hours searching and there are no cars out there because they are being horded.

9. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Member

I finally found a truck after 4 days of looking and parked it in the woods for 5 min (hid it VERY well) and it was gone by the time I got back with a few supplies. Do you think it despawned or blew up? It seems highly unlikely someone found it and drove off in the 5 mins I was gone.

Also if you find a spawn point is that always the spawn? Like if I were to blow it up would the same vehicle respawn there? If so how long is the spawn? I'm curious if it's random or static. Meaning a car won't spawn at THAT particular spot again till whoever took it blows it up or it despawned etc or if any jeep were to blow up it could have a chance to respawn there etc.

10. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

Depends on what server you're on... I play on only 2 right now, one PvP (Winchester) and one PvE (Redmoon) - honestly, if there are only 25 car spawn points, and someone has 30 cars and had a pic to prove it - it means cars will respawn whether or not the one that spawned at any given location is still out there in the world.

If anything, it might be more of a problem with how often the vehicle spawns at these locations at any given time. If they spawn there once every 7 days, then yeah, with a couple hundred people on, the chances of finding one are bleak.

Have the re-spawn interval timers for vehicles ever been disclosed by the devs? :confused:

The only way a "inactivity" timer for a vehicle would work is maybe if it was inactive for 24 hours. People have lives, jobs, careers, families, etc and cannot always be on just to hop in the car if they're flying solo - then again, the majority of people are mad about hoarding 5-6 vehicles at a time so maybe that'd be irrelevant anyway. Most hoarders are large groups working together obviously. One person is more than likely not hoarding a ton of them solo. The inactivity timer would be pointless since someone would always be on in the group that was hoarding them.

11. lskyus

lskyus Experienced Ranger

Yes they should implement an additional rule set, more so on PVE servers to prevent hoarding...

Due to the Nature of PVP play, ownership of vehicles can be measured quite literally in minutes or hours...

This does not happen on PVE servers.

An additional system needs to be in place...

Put vehicles on short spawn timers, make them earnable through play just as the 2000 slot backpacks are through the quest note system.

Implement a key system, you can only have 1 key and if you do not use your vehicle within 12 hours it despawns, your key is gone.

If you die, the car despawns, ownership ends...

Randomize spawn locations for the quest and create no build zones around them...

System is already in place, just need the keys now...

12. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

Your keys need to be at least 24 hours. I think I mentioned this already - some people have careers and families to attend to.

1 full day, I'm totally with you on.

13. lskyus

I do not mind that, 24hrs seems fair enough... I am opposed to anything longer than that...

I guess it depends on how the loot system ticks work...

#13 lskyus, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
  14. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Guest

Don't forget about the people who place items in the spawn locations to prevent vehicles from respawning.

15. DaddyLovebone

DaddyLovebone Member

Bases are pretty easy to raid, takes like 10 minutes doing it. If you are just going to take their cars, then even less.

Not sure why car hoarding is pissing people off so much. It's a survival game, we are supposed to be fighting over resources, transportation being such a resource. If I could have it my way, it would be the same with every other type of resource such as guns and ammo.

What's the point of this game if everyone could be self sufficient in everything.

16. lskyus

Its pissing people off, because a clan takes over a server, hackers take over the server..there are other players on the server too...

Additionally on a PVE server once you got all the cars, there gone mate..its that simple... No one else can use em...

Spawns are camped and locked off by exploiters (yes its the devs fault), so the cars are gone either way...

A new rule needs to be implemented on pve servers to prevent this, and the devs need to fix the camping of spawns and base building exploits...

It is a survival game, but people are exploiting the system, that is not how it was designed...

People cry quickly enough when their base is destroyed, vehicles blown up, hacked, exploited, whichever way it gets done...

I could use your logic anywhere, "it is a survival game..." Does that make it fair? nope...

On PVE server these rules are not the same, so it needs to change...

Implement vehicle changes:

Add random keys into the same loot chain as the zombie worn note quests,

Vehicles should be on spawn timers, they despawn if not used within 12-24 hours

If a player dies, the vehicle despawns, the key is lost...

Make the spawns random, add no build zones (or correct the zoning issues)...

Until the developers address this imbalance on pve / pvp servers properly, this is not going to go away...

It is a survival game after all...

#16 lskyus, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
  17. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

This is complicated( someone's already saying it's not and preparing a hate filled response) but all most everyone is saying the same word in there response and that word is "survival" the key to survival is controlling many variables as possible.

This one is cars.

Stop people from looting the map for fertilizer that they can use against you. Give them no reason to have biofuel, limit there looting capacity. Control your enemy.

If someone is hoarding large amounts of cars and storing them make em pay. Land mines and ied's and troll em for a few days. Big base 1 or 2 vehicles ok. Big base 5-15 vehicles....big badda boom.

18. tamashiiken

tamashiiken Member

Oh well, looks like you need to get some fuel and go for a raid then :) unless you got some of those demo hammers you were talkin about

19. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

Ooooh... good point, totally forgot that... that is a HUGE issue right now... people putting furnaces in known-spawn locations... it's like "I can't have it, why should you?" Really? :mad:

20. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

Is this confirmed? AFAIK there are 25 spawns for vehicles, yet, I've seen a cap of 30 cars in 1 base.. meaning, they'll keep respawning in the spots as long as nothing is blocking the spawn even if the last vehicle that spawned is still "alive" out there somewhere.